Sponsored by:

Had Door Glass Replaced, Now Get SRS Error Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 Sedan (Peuter)
Had Door Glass Replaced, Now Get SRS Error Code

Guys, over weekend parked my car in Wal-Mart lot to go on bike ride—I know, I KNOW, that was my first mistake!!! Anyway, when I came back my right rear door glass (part that goes up and down) had been broken out. Didn’t lose anything. Strictly vandalism.

Anyway, just got it replaced yesterday by a company that usually does good work. When I started the car up, though, I got the SRS warning light.

My conclusion: The tech claims he didn’t do anything with the airbag, but by all appearances he actually did and didn’t know it. I think this mostly because I had driven the car 3-4 hours between Sunday (when glass was broken) and Wednesday (glass replaced) and hadn’t gotten error code, yet I got the code immediately after starting the car post glass replacement. I’m guessing the tech disconnected the SRS unit with the ignition on, which produces the code.

My question: Anything flawed in my conclusion or stream of thinking? Anything I should know here I might not already know? I’m basically panning broadly for any useful advice. More specifically, though, this is my main question—anything I can do to fix this other than having the code scanned and cleared? Would like to save the $95 + tax if possible.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
I think that you dead on with your conclusion.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
plug in stars hit reset