Sponsored by:

**** LIVE ATCO UPDATES - 12/02/2010 ****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:08 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
since we're going into the WAY BACK machine regarding the 63 platform v the 55k platform...and referencing old posts, rivalries etc...I find it interesting that nobody is talking about the fact that all these amazing 63 NA times are being produced by MHP tuned cars...a tuner that almost EVERYONE on here doubted and ridiculed - yet they seem to be at the top of the tuning game. Nobody has anything to say about that ? Where is that douche ChiroMikey when I need him LOL ??!!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Way to go Luis!!! Congrats to all the 63 guys as well. Great day for the track!
Luis's runs are amazing..... he is now only 0.11 seconds away from Alan's all time record

The racing season this year has been more than phenomenal and it's not even over yet
Old 12-02-2010, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by RStevens63
I think if we look at the longterm track results posted by mthis and dodger we can see this is not a one time anomoly.

Back on 10/20/10 at MIR in -300 to +200' DA dodger ran a best ET of 11.23 and best trap of 125.66 with several other 11.3@124.5+ runs.

mthis at the same event went 11.38.

Then on 11/22/10 at ATCO with DA in the -200 to +300' range dodger ran 17 passes, none slower than 11.38 with a best of 11.21 with traps ranging from 124-125.5mph. mthis ran another 11.38@123.5mph.

Today in -1500' (approximately I haven't checked myself just going off what was posted in the other thread) DA they ran 10.99 and 11.19 with traps in the 125-127 range.

So again when looking at the big picture today was literally the first day they had their cars in great air, and the gains are exactly on par with what the changes in DA show.

Again Great job to everyone today!
thank you

this was our only good day we had this year. dont get me wrong we had great days just today was the icying on the cake. when i made my 11.1 pass it was negative 1500DA according to dragtimes.

Last edited by mthis; 12-02-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I don't know what there is to call bullspit on.... The times are the times. Unless they slip the time clock guy a bill, this is legit. You have to take into consideration the DA. it like racing in the abyss. Where some of us only see a DA of +1500ft on the best day. So If you take that 3000ft swing. its totally possible.

I'd bet out here in AZ you would be hard pressed to get a C63 to run 11.5.

When I was racing my C55 I ran a 11.72 at 119mph in Arizona DA was +1800ft The at Famoso last year I ran an 11.55 at 121mph IIRC. Mo correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the DA was +600ft??? at the time. Thats a gain of 0.17sec just from air changes. Not to mention so small factors like lowering my car, messing up my camber (wheel spin). and my transmission that was on its last leg. Then ended up crapping out at the end of the day.

Point is Its all possible. The weather does awesome things when it cold for racers. With that said.. I think these times are 100% real, Thes guys kept at it and pushed hard to get where they are.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by LZH
since we're going into the WAY BACK machine regarding the 63 platform v the 55k platform...and referencing old posts, rivalries etc...I find it interesting that nobody is talking about the fact that all these amazing 63 NA times are being produced by MHP tuned cars...a tuner that almost EVERYONE on here doubted and ridiculed - yet they seem to be at the top of the tuning game. Nobody has anything to say about that ? Where is that douche ChiroMikey when I need him LOL ??!!!!
Lets see, you supported the guy and he turned into a sham lots of hot air, and no successful results on any other platform other than the C & u had no face to show (pssst throttle blipping, TCU tuning and all that magic we were promised )

If you are referencing the older times, then you must know he changed tuners... in fact can u actuly say there are from him and not some other tuner and just relabeled crossed my mind a few time...

any hoo some sick times produced!
Just goes to show what the right weather and track and allot of determination can do!
congrats guys!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:27 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Zod
Lets see, you supported the guy and he turned into a sham lots of hot air, and no successful results on any other platform other than the C & u had no face to show (pssst throttle blipping, TCU tuning and all that magic we were promised )

If you are referencing the older times, then you must know he changed tuners... in fact can u actuly say there are from him and not some other tuner and just relabeled crossed my mind a few time...
Not sure what you're getting at here...but it just solidifies my point even more...Yes Andy had a very brash way about him and ticked most everyone off. But here we are how many years later and his tune is kicking the ***** out of just about everyone. Is this simply due to him changing tuners as you suggested??? Who knows....but what I do know is that MHP seems to be offering a very good product while everyone said they were scammers, crooks etc. Now the show is on the other foot and it seems everyone want to ignore the past and conveniently sweep it under the rug
Old 12-02-2010, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Guys, lets not muddy up this thread please.....

Rboosting just ran 11.99 @ 118.23 mph in his E63 with MHP TUNE ONLY

Keep the good times coming everybody....

Last edited by MB_Forever; 12-02-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Congrats to all the guy's with those low ET's today.

To the haters - start another thread. . . .
Old 12-02-2010, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Guys, lets not muddy up this thread please.....

Rboosting just ran 11.99 @ 118.23 mph in his E63 with MHP TUNE ONLY

Keep the good times coming everybody....
Nice work Randy!!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Don't you know I'm Loco
Old 12-02-2010, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Great job guys!!!!!!

jrcart, where were you earlier this year when we ran 11.24 in Florida for Pete's sake. If we can run 11.24 in Florida you can certainly run 10.99 up north in better conditions. Stop questioning the results based on modifications just because you weren't there and didn't do it. Good grief!!

Last edited by Dads C63; 12-02-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Loco, Dodger, and Mthis....!

All you guys deserve huge props for putting the work in. Forget about the haters, I went through all the same crap with my car and still do. Bottom line, you guys ran the times and there's not one thing anyone could say to discredit that.

Luis....you're ***** is just plain wicked!!!! I look forward to seeing your car dip even lower before winter is done....
Old 12-02-2010, 06:57 PM
LZH
Banned

I have to say these are some VERY quick times for cars with just a tune and headers and some other minor mods...I have to wonder why these 2 cars are running 11.1's while many of the cars with identical mods are running a half second slower A half second is a pretty big difference for an 11 sec car...
Perhaps its just good driving...but I will agree that the 63 motor LOVES good cold DENSE air. I can tell a HUGE difference in my car between a hot sticky day and cool crisp night. Maybe that's the secret with these cars - heat. Either way, nice runs guys.
Lastly....I know MHP was trying to do some head work one the 63 motors - did that ever happen ?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
DA is no secret Of course cars go faster with cooler denser air.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
lol
Old 12-02-2010, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by LZH
I have to say these are some VERY quick times for cars with just a tune and headers and some other minor mods...I have to wonder why these 2 cars are running 11.1's while many of the cars with identical mods are running a half second slower A half second is a pretty big difference for an 11 sec car...
Perhaps its just good driving...but I will agree that the 63 motor LOVES good cold DENSE air. I can tell a HUGE difference in my car between a hot sticky day and cool crisp night. Maybe that's the secret with these cars - heat. Either way, nice runs guys.
Lastly....I know MHP was trying to do some head work one the 63 motors - did that ever happen ?
Simple answer hagi (mthis) and me have been a$$hole buddies going to the track helping watching testing side by side.. Then you throw into the mix.. Keith (dadsc63) and you got a winning team.. Not to be an a$$ or big head or anything but I beat any of the 3 of us could show some of these other guys how to drop some time!! Hagi and I have been to many rentals together and like I said watch learn teach each other.., 15 runs for him 20 for me today means we have combined 45 runs times the amount of rentals weve been at adds up??? I've been to some of these tracks were guys with the same cars don't talk shop or aren't even honest about what there doing.. We are evolving and learning 2 times faster then most of these guys... We don't compete we are happy helping each other and others this is fun for me a good day at the track does nothing for me after I leave!! I go home same bills same problems same crying sick kids lets all get along better and learn more instead of some people hating.. Ask questions no one knows it all we learn everyday.. So let's work together hear or not......
Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH
Unfortunately only Keith's car got the ported heads. The problem with ported heads is that the benefits are minor compared to cost If it was cheaper, I think more people would go for it.

One point I did want to mention though was that these two cars are NOT the only cars running good times. Every single MHP car have posted great track results whether it was tune-only, tuner-header, or more. It's not only one car of theirs that posted good times. The only difference with these two cars today, as you mentioned earlier, was the weather. I personally notice a big difference when driving my car in the winter vs the summer. By the way, Keith's car (DadsC63) ran 11.21 @ 124 mph in Florida, which is no MIR or ATCO. There is no doubt the MHP cars are just running stronger than others (at least for now).
Old 12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I was just agreeing with what others in this thread have said re DA and giving my own impressions you douche. No need to start throwing around and take this thread down that path...but if you want to, I'm game.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Unfortunately only Keith's car got the ported heads. The problem with ported heads is that the benefits are minor compared to cost If it was cheaper, I think more people would go for it.

One point I did want to mention though was that these two cars are NOT the only cars running good times. Every single MHP car have posted great track results whether it was tune-only, tuner-header, or more. It's not only one car of theirs that posted good times. The only difference with these two cars today, as you mentioned earlier, was the weather. I personally notice a big difference when driving my car in the winter vs the summer. By the way, Keith's car (DadsC63) ran 11.21 @ 124 mph in Florida, which is no MIR or ATCO. There is no doubt the MHP cars are just running stronger than others (at least for now).
Thanks for the info - man...Keiths car with that louvered hood for heat, cams and added flow from heads is gonna be SICK.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Is the track open on Sat Dec 4th? I called the track but no answer.. The schedule online is not clear..
Old 12-02-2010, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Which atco yes this and next Saturday test and tune only so rules are very strict!!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by dodger63
Simple answer hagi (mthis) and me have been a$$hole buddies going to the track helping watching testing side by side.. Then you throw into the mix.. Keith (dadsc63) and you got a winning team.. Not to be an a$$ or big head or anything but I beat any of the 3 of us could show some of these other guys how to drop some time!! Hagi and I have been to many rentals together and like I said watch learn teach each other.., 15 runs for him 20 for me today means we have combined 45 runs times the amount of rentals weve been at adds up??? I've been to some of these tracks were guys with the same cars don't talk shop or aren't even honest about what there doing.. We are evolving and learning 2 times faster then most of these guys... We don't compete we are happy helping each other and others this is fun for me a good day at the track does nothing for me after I leave!! I go home same bills same problems same crying sick kids lets all get along better and learn more instead of some people hating.. Ask questions no one knows it all we learn everyday.. So let's work together hear or not......

+1 and to add to that so that there isn't any confusion let the owners of the cars do the talking. If you don't own the car don't discuss others mods let the owner do the talking.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH
Thanks for the info - man...Keiths car with that louvered hood for heat, cams and added flow from heads is gonna be SICK.
I know.... once the cams are dialed in, his car will be one strong contender It's hard to imagine how the NA 63 engine with weak tranny is still able to go freakin 10s with relatively simple mods
Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lmao .

andy got what he deserved and nothing else needs to be said to an old lap dog still looking for an *** to lick.

other than that, great results from the atco crew, regardless of da.
I was waiting for your response
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by LZH
The cars running half a second and 3-5mph slower are running different parts and tuning. The same parts have been replaced however the brands are different. I think this makes for an important distinction.

Every record posted is set in cooler air, no one sets records in the summer as I'm sure you know. All the stock C6Z06 10.9 runs and Viper ACR runs by Ranger and Jamie F. were done in the same kind of air.

Last I talked to MHP they had 8 or more cars running their ported heads. The gains are claimed at 18rwhp for an otherwise stock vehicle. Honestly as good as these heads appear to be that's a large gain all else being equal. Now where they will really shine is when paired to their cams and headers, etc.

We've also found in the past few weeks how restrictive the stock air inlets and air boxes are, and we haven't seen any ported heads or cams paired with a revised inlet aka RENNtech or Gruppe M.

I think as a 63 owner we are finally sampling what's possible with solid mods and should be hopeful for an even brighter future.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **** LIVE ATCO UPDATES - 12/02/2010 ****