Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a beater
Looking to buy used e55

I'm looking to buy a used e55.

Here is an 06' with 43k miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Here is another 06' with 54k miles but costs more. In the ad it says price is firm. Also in the description it says it has the designo paint. Is that true? For some reason this car looks better to me even though it has more miles and costs more, maybe it is the designo paint but I thought the designo package changes the interior too.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Also do all cars with panoramic sunroofs have black roofs? What should I know about e55's before buying one?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Stage I RennTech E55
Dont know if youre interested in a Black 2005 E55, I'm currently selling mine if you are interested.

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...ully-tune.html
Old 12-02-2010, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
What you should know is that a car with a sticker at just under 100k when new has to be maintained like a 100k car car. I purchased a used e55 several months ago and thanks to everyone on this forum and some extensive research, I decided not to buy without some sort of extended warranty. I actually made that a stipulation when buying the car. The dealer balked and said it can't be done so I walked....they called me three days later and had a deal worked out for me including a warranty. I guess you have to ask yourself....if your tranny blows...do you have 10k laying around to fix it. Extended warranty is a must and other than that....the e55 is the funnest car I have ever drove. Good luck with the search!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
used E55

These cars are a blast to drive. Doing your due diligence before buying is the most important part of buying one of these cars. Make sure you get one that's been well maintained and treat the car right and it will give you miles upon miles of thrills. They are very expensive to repair. I've only had one repair in 3 years, an alternator, and it would've been big bucks if not for the warranty I bought. That said, I paid good money for the warranty and have used it only one time.

Another great habit to get into is reading up on these forums. Many of these guys know their stuff and they will help you save thousands of dollars in common sense things. Some of the back and forth banter is fun to read too...esp if a Beemer fan is lurking.

Good luck in finding your future beast and have fun test driving!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by Mark89
What should I know about e55's before buying one?

To me (being recently new to the E55 world), the one and only thing you should be concerned with when buying a used E55 is whether it has a warranty. That's the firstthing you should ask the dealer or private owner.

I had an airmatic failure in the first two months of ownership - replaced fully under the warranty. I don't know what the repair bill would've cost if I didn't have warranty, but I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap. Thankfully, I still have the original factory MB warranty.

Search around the board and you'll see how costly gadgets get on this car (think thousands, not hundreds).

Look for a 2006.

P.S. I had my cousin, who's a dealer, check out the first car you have posted in Bethesda when I was still looking around. He said it's a clean car.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
I completely agree....

Originally Posted by Rhaunschild1980
Extended warranty is a must and other than that....
I totally agree. I bought my 2005 E55 from a MB dealership and extended the warranty up to 100K miles. This car is amazing, but if you get stuck with a big repair bill, your love will die fast