Sponsored by:

*****Famoso Raceway - Private Track Rental - NEW DATE 04/01/2011 *****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i
Still on?

It's on, I'm burning a sick day to race on the 19th! Looking forward to seeing the different cars!

Last edited by Sranch335i; 02-12-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
The 19th eh?

Did ya get yer car baaack?

Mr. Mo
Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 PM

Fast cars in general....
Oh no....

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0684
Old 02-14-2011, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Please don't worry about the weather yet... it's way too early. In all the events we've been through, we've seen the weather change everyday. If Saturday does indeed end up being a rainy day, we may move the event to Sunday. However, the track officials will make that decision on Thursday night/Friday morning, as they use their own weather station. For now, we are still on schedule for the 19th.

Paid and Confirmed spots:
====================

01) Bramage - E55 - Stage 5 - Quickest/Fastest E55 with a custom grill
02) Chris63 spot 1 - C63 - Stage 1
03) Chris63 spot 2 - CLS55 - Stage 1
04) sgtstanko - Jeep SRT8 - Custom Mods
05) HKDyno Shop - 74 Trans Am
06) HKDyno Shop - 68 GTO
07) HKDyno Shop - 69 Camero
08) HKDyno Shop - 70 El Camino
09) FlyingGuy - Porsche 996 Turbo - Custom Work
10) SMOKIN5.7 - 06 Charger R/T
11) computadude - BMW 335 - Stage 2
12) MacGCU - C63 AMG - Stage 2
13) gripforce-cl65 - GT-R 1000 hp
14) Jay - 2011 Porsche Turbo S - Stock
15) Brute SRT - Chrysler SRT 8
16) Terry335 - BMW 135 - bolt-ons - Tuner Of The Quickest/Fastest BMW 135/335 in the country
17) hotrod182 - BMW 335d - Stock
18) rarfinancial - CLS63 - Stage 5 - Quickest/Fastest CLS63 in the country.
19) CBR335 - BMW 335i - Custom Stage
20) SRanch335i - BMW 335i - Stage 3
21) Mr. 5 - BMW E90 335 - The Quickest/Fastest 335 MT in the country
22) gripforce-cl65 +1 - GT-R 1000+ hp
23) alpinedevil335 - BMW 335i - Stage 1
24) DC Performance - E55 - Stage 3
25) pottydr - Shelby GT/SC
26) Blown Away - Shelby GT
27) TectiteK4E55 - E55 - Stage 5
28) xtyper - C63 - Stage 1
29) Shawn - Stage 4
30) OE Tuning - Stage 2 - Quickest/Fastest C63 in the west coast.

Now for the bonus material....

Famoso has torn down the ENTIRE track surface and re-built it all in concrete instead of asphalt (at least) to the 1000' mark. So the surface will be very smooth and well prepped. In fact they've been dragging a few vehicles on it to get it ready for our event.

I predict new personal bests for everyone

Last edited by MB_Forever; 02-15-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:24 AM

335i
Mo, the weather is looking terrible for Saturday, and great for Sunday. Only problem is Sunday is out of the question as I already have prior commitments in Vegas Saturday night. Hotel is already paid for, etc. Being that this would be the 2nd rescheduling, if Saturday ends up being cancelled, am I entitled to a refund??? If not possible under "any circumstances" as stated in your first post, is there anyone that wants to buy my spot if the event moves to Sunday?

Last edited by hotrod182; 02-17-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Weather is looking PERFECT for Sunday!!! We might even have DA's close to what the MIR guys are gonna see tomorrow. I can't wait for this event!

Come on Jeremy, l gotta see you represent the West Coast with some 10's!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Mo, the weather is looking terrible for Saturday, and great for Sunday. Only problem is Sunday is out of the question as I already have prior commitments in Vegas Saturday night. Hotel is already paid for, etc. Being that this would be the 2nd rescheduling, if Saturday ends up being canceled, am I entitled to a refund??? If not possible under "any circumstances" as stated in your first post, is there anyone that wants to buy my spot if the event moves to Sunday?
I talked to the main organizing group and they said they will not issue refunds due to events that are out of their control (ex: weather). They paid the track their money 10 days before the event as required by track owner and they do NOT issue refunds. However, you can sell your spot privately to anyone at any time - and that is something they can not oppose or interfere in.

I was e-mailed a few times by people asking if there were anymore spots. I will let them know there is now one spot open.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM

335i
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I talked to the main organizing group and they said they will not issue refunds due to events that are out of their control (ex: weather). They paid the track their money 10 days before the event as required by track owner and they do NOT issue refunds. However, you can sell your spot privately to anyone at any time - and that is something they can not oppose or interfere in.

I was e-mailed a few times by people asking if there were anymore spots. I will let them know there is now one spot open.
Has it officially been moved to Sunday? If no one buys my spot, maybe I will just stop by early in the morning and run. Is the track still opening early?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Has it officially been moved to Sunday? If no one buys my spot, maybe I will just stop by early in the morning and run. Is the track still opening early?
They will make the call on Friday morning.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
**** DATE CHANGE AGAIN ****

Looks like we're just not that lucky this month We were planning on having the event on Sunday, but it looks like it will be raining on Sunday as well:

Famoso management has made the call to postpone the event to a later date. We're pushing for Saturday, February 26th. They will be able to confirm in the next few days.

Sorry guys....
Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 AM

Fast cars in general....
Oh no... not Feb 26th...
I'll be out of town that weekend and won't be back 'til Tuesday.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
We wont blame you Mo!!!! We all want insane DA's, and those happen in the winter.. as do winter storms.

Let us know what the new dates are when we get a little closer. I suspect depending on the date, there may be some people who cant make it, so if you have been watching this thread, and interested in a very fun time for $100 (and new addiction), be prepared to ask if anyone has an unused spot availible.

I would prefer unused spots / funds to go to Mo. He coordinates these events regularly for no personal gain, and in fact has paid out of pocket to cover funding shortages so we can all go race. That is a LOT of work he does for us!! That is what I call a KICK *** GUY!!! You are awesome Mo!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
**** DATE CHANGE AGAIN ****

Looks like we're just not that lucky this month We were planning on having the event on Sunday, but it looks like it will be raining on Sunday as well:

Famoso management has made the call to postpone the event to a later date. We're pushing for Saturday, February 26th. They will be able to confirm in the next few days.

Sorry guys....
Are you sure that's the right forecast day? I just looked up the weather on two different sites for Sunday and it shows sunny with almost no chance of rain, and perfect racing temperatures.

Not trying to be difficult, but it just seems like we are passing up a good opportunity, especially when there is a chance many will not be able to make it next weekend. Is this FINAL, or is there potential to follow up with famoso management and get it moved back to Sunday?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:01 AM

Nissan GTR
Originally Posted by xtyper
Are you sure that's the right forecast day? I just looked up the weather on two different sites for Sunday and it shows sunny with almost no chance of rain, and perfect racing temperatures.

Not trying to be difficult, but it just seems like we are passing up a good opportunity, especially when there is a chance many will not be able to make it next weekend. Is this FINAL, or is there potential to follow up with famoso management and get it moved back to Sunday?
you are right its shows sunday as a clear day!

Mo , I am Gregs friends (gripforce) with the 1000hp GTR .. can you double check with the track? weather.com is showing sunday as clear!

Last edited by VegasGTR; 02-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:19 AM

Nissan GTR
Oh and Feb 26th weekend show rain the whole weekend

I would bet this sunday is going to be clear... please call the track officals and tell them sunday!! 10% chance of rain only
Old 02-18-2011, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

Can you tell we are really hoping this event still happens on Sunday?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 AM

Nissan GTR
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

Can you tell we are really hoping this event still happens on Sunday?

SUNDAY!!!!! Feb 26th weekend will suck!! Way higher chance for rain on the 26th!!

lets all take a chance for this sunday!!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Since Mo has not been back yet, I can tell you this: The track has to coordinate saftey crew and officals, so it is 100% their call. They deal with this often, and have a weather station at the track. Once they make the call, it is a done deal. We will have a decision today I am sure
Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Bramage
We wont blame you Mo!!!! We all want insane DA's, and those happen in the winter.. as do winter storms.

I would prefer unused spots / funds to go to Mo. He coordinates these events regularly for no personal gain, and in fact has paid out of pocket to cover funding shortages so we can all go race. That is a LOT of work he does for us!! That is what I call a KICK *** GUY!!! You are awesome Mo!!!
Thanks Dane, but there is no chance I can keep any of the money because I never see it . See I don't actually receive or handle the money, it goes directly to a bank account setup by the track. When someone cancels their spot, the track ends up keeping their money not me. So I much rather have someone use that spot.... but thanks for the thought

Originally Posted by VegasGTR
you are right its shows sunday as a clear day!

Mo , I am Gregs friends (gripforce) with the 1000hp GTR .. can you double check with the track? weather.com is showing sunday as clear!
Weather.com seems to be all over the place.... if you look at the snapshot I posted, it was taken from weather.com only 4 hours before yours and it was showing 70% chance of rain on Sunday. Famoso's local weather station also predicts rain on Sunday. However, the problem is not only the rain on the day of racing. They need about 4 hours of track prep on the day before the race day, which doesn't look like it will happen if there will be rain all day on Saturday.

I will still try to push for this Sunday, but I would hate to risk having you guys drive all this distance and have it rain out

I will update this thread again in a few hours.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 02-18-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Thanks Dane, but there is no chance I can keep any of the money because I never see it . See I don't actually receive or handle the money, it goes directly to a bank account setup by the track. When someone cancels their spot, the track ends up keeping their money not me. So I much rather have someone use that spot.... but thanks for the thought

Weather.com seems to be all over the place.... if you look at the snapshot I posted, it was taken from weather.com only 4 hours before yours and it was showing 70% chance of rain on Sunday. Famoso's local weather station also predicts rain on Sunday. However, the problem is not only the rain on the day of racing. They need about 4 hours of track prep on the day before the race day, which doesn't look like it will happen if there will be rain all day on Saturday.

I will still try to push for this Sunday, but I would hate to risk having you guys drive all this distance and have it rain out

I will update this thread again in a few hours.
Thanks Mo for trying...we appreciate your efforts! Crossing our fingers that Sunday happens.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:12 PM

Nissan GTR
Thanks Mo for trying...we appreciate your efforts! Crossing our fingers that Sunday happens.
+1

here is another one from weather channel

Old 02-18-2011, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
+1
Okay guys... I just talked to the track owner and he said he just won't risk having you guys go out there and run on a slippery track. He said it's not only about the day of racing, but they usually need 3 to 4 hours the day before we race to let some of the chemicals settle in so that when they prep the track that morning, everything sticks good to the surface. In addition, their local station shows 27% chance of rain and high winds. I will be going to the track later today to see what's the situation looking like over there.

As of now, the track event is indeed postponed. I will try to get a final confirmation on the exact date in the next few days.

Sorry for all this guy, but seems like things just not going our way this month
Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
+1

Yep, gotta say, as of this moment, the weather looks absolutely PERFECT for racing on Sunday! Please make this happen so we can have some great DA's!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Nissan GTR
Yep, gotta say, as of this moment, the weather looks absolutely PERFECT for racing on Sunday! Please make this happen so we can have some great DA's!!!
I agree! its sunday or bust!! next weeks forecast is alot worse then 20th

even if they need a few hours to prep sunday morning.. we can all wait .. i dont mind waiting till noon to run it!!

MB get it done
Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Okay guys... I just talked to the track owner and he said he just won't risk having you guys go out there and run on a slippery track. He said it's not only about the day of racing, but they usually need 3 to 4 hours the day before we race to let some of the chemicals settle in so that when they prep the track that morning, everything sticks good to the surface. In addition, their local station shows 27% chance of rain and high winds. I will be going to the track later today to see what's the situation looking like over there.

As of now, the track event is indeed postponed. I will try to get a final confirmation on the exact date in the next few days.

Sorry for all this guy, but seems like things just not going our way this month
Since it seems pretty clear that there will be no rain Sunday, would it be possible to just push the racing start time a bit later (maybe noon instead of 9am) to give adequate time for track prep that same morning? I'm guessing most people would prefer simply starting a little later rather than moving the day entirely. Just trying to explore every option here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *****Famoso Raceway - Private Track Rental - NEW DATE 04/01/2011 *****