Sponsored by:

*****Famoso Raceway - Private Track Rental - NEW DATE 04/01/2011 *****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Im paid up, and Ill show up whenever we have a go from the track. (Probabaly).. Thanks Mo for all the hard work!!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
****** MAJOR UPDATE ******

First, Famoso has made the decision to postpone our event. The new date will be in March since next weekend is not looking good in terms of rain and many people seem to be against it. Since March is a little hotter than February at Famoso, we may have to do a night rental to compensate. Night rentals are usually on a Friday and start at 6:00 pm and go to midnight or even 1 am. I will update the thread with more information as soon as we confirm the date and time.

Second, I've been talking to the track and the other two groups to offer refunds because I feel bad that this thing has gotten postponed twice already.... although it was mostly for reasons out of our control. Anyways, for people who would like to cancel their spots and get a refund: please PM me so that I can add you to the cancellation list, and as soon as someone else signs up, you will get your refund. It is not guaranteed but something better than nothing.

Sorry again for this mess....

Last edited by MB_Forever; 02-18-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
wow what a mess...why jump to march before waiting to see the forecast develop
Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250

I will stay on the list until the event happens ! HAHA

Old 02-18-2011, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Chrysler SRT8
No refund for me brotha. I'm keeping my spot till we race. Thanks for all the updates and bs you gotta put up with Mo. I'm sure sometimes you just want to say the hell with it. But I'm glad you're sticking around and seeing this through. Thanks again my man for all the time and effort.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:56 AM

Nissan GTR
Originally Posted by Brute SRT
No refund for me brotha. I'm keeping my spot till we race. Thanks for all the updates and bs you gotta put up with Mo. I'm sure sometimes you just want to say the hell with it. But I'm glad you're sticking around and seeing this through. Thanks again my man for all the time and effort.
+1 for MO

Im keeping my Spot!!
Ill race when it happens.. Mo is there a chance if the weather clears this weekend we can have a rental?

would love to get a run with good DA.. really want that 9.61 (9.62 is the record for stock manifold/turbo gtr)

with 0-200DA and good prep I think i can get that record!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
I'm really surprised they won't let us race a bit later in the day on Sunday, around noon. So disappointing since the weather and DA was forcasted to be perfect. Pretty rare we get opportunities to race in those kind of conditions, and I'm sure some new records would have been set.

I'm so bummed!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Brute SRT
Originally Posted by VegasGTR
+1 for MO

Im keeping my Spot!!
Ill race when it happens.. Mo is there a chance if the weather clears this weekend we can have a rental?

would love to get a run with good DA.. really want that 9.61 (9.62 is the record for stock manifold/turbo gtr)

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate your support

VegasGTR, I have no doubt your car will hit that record.... I've seen a 700 hp GT-R hit 10.30s at Famoso in the past, so your car definitely has a chance

Originally Posted by xtyper
I'm really surprised they won't let us race a bit later in the day on Sunday, around noon. So disappointing since the weather and DA was forcasted to be perfect. Pretty rare we get opportunities to race in those kind of conditions, and I'm sure some new records would have been set.

I'm so bummed!!!
It turns out they stopped us for good reason. I went to the track earlier today to see for myself what's going on and honestly to also try and force a rental by this weekend. However, I saw for myself why they shut us down. It was raining pretty good at the track, there was a lot of moisture creeping up from all around (mainly coming from the fields near by), but more importantly, there were very strong winds today. There was sand, dirt, leaves, etc... being blown across the track all day. Given that Saturday will resemble same conditions or worse, Famoso management would have no time to prep the track good enough for us to race on the following day (remember we have a few high hp cars attending). In addition, their local weather station actually predicts rain early morning on Sunday and a slight continuation of high winds throughout the day.

So despite the weather looking good at first look, there are a few more elements that play into it. And Famoso management is usually pretty good at putting safety first. Again, I'm sorry they kind of forced us into this, but believe me.... I (perhaps more than anyone on the list) want to race this weekend

However, all is not lost.... if we do the rental in March, and we secure a night rental, we'll see decent DA and a very sticky track prep since that's when their "March Meet" super drag event is on
Old 02-19-2011, 04:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Here is the latest snapshot from weather.com regarding the weather on Sunday. On the front page, it shows "Mostly Sunny" but when you click on details, you get this image. Looks like they have increased their "rain prediction" percentage from 20% to 40%

Old 02-19-2011, 06:04 PM

Fast cars in general....
Yes!!!!
March sounds a lot better than Feb 26th.
Mo, please keep us posted and thank you for your time and effort!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
hopefully not the first weekend of march
Old 02-21-2011, 03:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
+1 for MO

Im keeping my Spot!!

jeeez, this guy is on this forum too? sam, maybe i will roll with you in the z or 65.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
any spots left?
vegas track has been closed since november, but they will be open all summer for anyone who wants to race in +100deg.....
Old 02-23-2011, 07:13 PM

Nissan GTR
Originally Posted by 02cl55amg
any spots left?
vegas track has been closed since november, but they will be open all summer for anyone who wants to race in +100deg.....
John? whats up bro?

yes we can roll together if MO can get us a date

MO, how about Sat March 5th? lets get something going as it will soon start to get warm... and DA will suck..
Old 02-25-2011, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
***** NEW DATE FINALIZED *****

Hi everyone,

I have finally succeeded in securing a date for our private rental. Before I get to that, I would like to apologize again for all of these ongoing delays. The existence of two other groups in this rental made things incredibly complicated and full of trouble. Needless to say, I learned my lesson. From now on, any private rental I organize will be exclusive to my group ONLY, and I will not accept sharing a rental with any other group, as it causes nothing but complications and delays to the whole process. I understand that it will be more expensive, but not having to deal with the hassle I've been going through is worth it to me.

The track has decided to schedule our event on Friday, March 25th. Gates will open at 6 pm and racing will begin at 7 pm. We will stop racing around midnight.

In March, the track is hotter than in it is in February (average temperature is around 78 F during the day). However, the temps at night are still very decent: average of 54 F. That's why I pushed to get the rental at night versus in the day time. In addition, the track is especially extra sticky in March due to their "March Meets" super drag event. So all in all, we should still have very good conditions for setting or breaking records :naughty

Because of all the troubles we've been going through, I have convinced the track owner to cut the rental fee almost in half. We are still working out the final amount and a few other details. For the time being the decision is this: all participants should get part of their fee back in cash at the track and on the day of the event.

I am still working out a few details with the other groups and with the track owner regarding extending the rental past midnight but so far nothing is concrete. I will update the threads as soon as I get a confirmation

Last edited by MB_Forever; 02-26-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:27 PM

06 Chrysler SRT8
Thanks for all the hard work Mo.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 AM

Nissan GTR
Mo.. lets give everyone a chance to pay a little more and get OUR own rental ... March 25th is a Loooooooooong time away... can we just get a group to do it sooner ?? like next week? how much is it to rent from 6-12 ?? maybe we can get our own group?

I can get a bunch of cars..
Old 02-26-2011, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Mo.. lets give everyone a chance to pay a little more and get OUR own rental ... March 25th is a Loooooooooong time away... can we just get a group to do it sooner ?? like next week? how much is it to rent from 6-12 ?? maybe we can get our own group?

I'm down to pay more money for an exclusive, sooner event. I've been wanting to get out there since early February!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Mo! If more spots open for this event, please let me know cause I would like to attend! Hopefully a spot opens up. Thanks Mo!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Unfortunately it is not only about getting enough cars.... the track is actually booked all the way to March 20th because of their "March Meet" event. I can always ask about availability of the track on a weekday (Monday to Thursday) but I have a feeling we would get even less people to participate due to work obligations and so on

If you would like to race sooner, Famoso has an open test-n-tune event on March 5th and March 6th. Unfortunately because it is the first test-n-tune session of the season, there will be many people there and I wouldn't expect more than 3 runs per day.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:18 AM

BMW 335i JB3 12.3 @ 116
If anyone cant make it i will buy your spot! email me at TheN4S@yahoo.com
Old 03-09-2011, 04:05 PM

Fast cars in general....
A bad news...
I won't be able to make it on March 25th...
Mo, I will let you know if I could find someone to replace my spot.
Good luck everyone and I hope I can make it next event.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Is this for real???? March 25th? I'm flying into OC on Thursday the 24th to pick up my car from evosport. Count me in if there's any room, I will be there with the supercharged Black Series, new drag strip specific suspension and a new drag tire/wheel combo...shooting for 9's
Old 03-10-2011, 02:20 PM

C63 AMG
I get back from Hawaii the night of the 25th so if anyone wants my spot PM me or email at MacGCU@gmail.com.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:12 PM

Nissan GTR
Mo,

Since it is going to be night only, how many cars will be there and how many runs can one expect to get ? if there are going to be 100 cars.. chances are we wont get alot of run

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *****Famoso Raceway - Private Track Rental - NEW DATE 04/01/2011 *****