--Aftermarket warranty--

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
--Aftermarket warranty--

hey guys, did a quick search from my phone but couldn't find any recent info but are there any aftermarket warranty for the e55? looking at 03-05 e55's but will only consider getting the car if it has a warranty...
Old 12-25-2010, 04:34 PM

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
'06 E55
You need to go home and use your regular computer to do the search. FYI,there are atleast 100 threads about the extended warranty that were started in last 2 weeks.
Hope that helps.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
If nobody ever started a thread about a specific topic, there wouldn't be any search results.

Seasons greetings.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
996 Guards red / 2008 Hayabusa / 2004 E55 AMG
Don't mind the bah humbugs. Yes , there are quite a few different warranties available. From searching it appears that MB , easy care, Assurant are the good ones. Fidelity/fidelis are terrible.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I just got my warranty booklets and paper work from One Republic. 4yr 75K for $3250 and zero deductible. It is nice insurance although my girl rarely moves unless it is bath time or special events time

I just love seeing her in the garage looking all pretty every morning.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Good job! Now there are about 101 threads about warranty.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Just to show you what you're going to ....

find out, my experience with Fidelity has been quite good. You'll probably get as many opinions as responses.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by Zmydust
Don't mind the bah humbugs. Yes , there are quite a few different warranties available. From searching it appears that MB , easy care, Assurant are the good ones. Fidelity/fidelis are terrible.
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I just got my warranty booklets and paper work from One Republic. 4yr 75K for $3250 and zero deductible. It is nice insurance although my girl rarely moves unless it is bath time or special events time

I just love seeing her in the garage looking all pretty every morning.
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
find out, my experience with Fidelity has been quite good. You'll probably get as many opinions as responses.

thanks for the info fellas.....i was at the laker game earlier and tried to pull up some info but the treads that poped up weren't recent and i've heard some of the aftermarket companies that some used were gone and or not covering the e55 any longer....

i've always loved the w211

how's the car, mpg wise?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
the laker game earlier
Followed by rain. Somehow very appropriate.

As far as the cars, look for an 06. Reliable warranty companies will not warranty these cars if they are more then 5 years old or if they have had their factory warranty expire. I have Murcury/Fidelity and they have been 10000% AMAZING. It cost money to buy it but it has paid it self off 3x since I got it, ONE YEAR AGO!

MPG? dont even bother if you really care. I'm getting 7-9 city and 12-14 fwy.

Last edited by TheVazha; 12-26-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-26-2010, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by TheVazha
Bro, you drove 4 miles averaging 5mph, what do you expect? You could get better gas milage letting it idle.

J/K

Alex - I have an '04 low miles and with regular maintenance I have found this car to be extremely reliable car... and (omg for those that object) I drive mine in every weather imaginable, even owning another car. I get 14mpg and wouldn't dream of having something different for the daily commute
Old 12-26-2010, 01:14 AM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Originally Posted by allenjdmb

As far as the cars, look for an 06. Reliable warranty companies will not warranty these cars if they are more then 5 years old or if they have had their factory warranty expire. I have Murcury/Fidelity and they have been 10000% AMAZING. It cost money to buy it but it has paid it self off 3x since I got it, ONE YEAR AGO!

Another happy Fidelity customer. When i got my E55 this past summer, the PO had the Fidelity coverage and I just needed to send it $40 to transfer it over. A couple weeks later, some things broke on the car to the tune of $2k+ and all was covered except for shop supplies and some other things that didn't break yet, but I told them to change it out. My coverage ends in October so I'd be happy if I could find another carrier after that.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Originally Posted by tgoss
Bro, you drove 4 miles averaging 5mph, what do you expect?
Dood I'm not kidding, I never get better then 9.9 city. I don't even drive fast. You have thin oxygen in Denver, I'm chocking down here!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dood I'm not kidding, I never get better then 9.9 city. I don't even drive fast. You have thin oxygen in Denver, I'm chocking down here!
Speaking of choking... WTF happened today?!?! The fantabulous trio beating up on Kobe and friends? Unacceptable.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:53 AM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
I'm at sea level and get @15-17 mpg overall.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Speaking of choking... WTF happened today?!?! The fantabulous trio beating up on Kobe and friends? Unacceptable.
Kobe is law in my book but he has left his soul on that court over his lifetime. Trades need to be made. Everyone is younger and hungry. We need Melo, trade him for Bynum and Brown. Teams out there are stacked and I'm not sure Kobe can carry the squad anymore.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--

that's some horrible mpg's....i'd love to get a 06 but i want to mod it and my budget allows for something under 20k..

so the warranty companies won't cover a 04? or is it some of them?
Old 12-26-2010, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Bro, you drove 4 miles averaging 5mph, what do you expect? You could get better gas milage letting it idle.

J/K

Alex - I have an '04 low miles and with regular maintenance I have found this car to be extremely reliable car... and (omg for those that object) I drive mine in every weather imaginable, even owning another car. I get 14mpg and wouldn't dream of having something different for the daily commute

how long have you had the car for?

oh and the lakers are just fine....look how old those retarded green guys are and there doing fine....it's too early in the season for the lakers to bust there nut like the other teams.....i'd only worry if this was towards the end of the season...
Old 12-26-2010, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

how long have you had the car for?

oh and the lakers are just fine....look how old those retarded green guys are and there doing fine....it's too early in the season for the lakers to bust there nut like the other teams.....i'd only worry if this was towards the end of the season...
I've had the car since the day I joined this forum. October 15th 2009, so I'm just over a year now in ownership. Nothing has failed me except for the IC pump which that does everyone. I'm very meticulous with the cars maintenance (oil gets changed at every 4-5k miles) and if something is recommended to be done like a tranny flush or spark plugs I just have it done. I love the car to death so hopefully it will continue to love me back.

I agree with you on the lakers, I just despise LeBron for how he flaunts his "talents" and that ridiculous dog and pony show of ceremony they had for all three of those overpaid fools. My respect for Dwayne Wade has fallen so far...

Still have much love for Kobe I hope Kobe can rally and win 3 in a row again. And that's coming from a die hard Nuggets fan.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
I've had the car since the day I joined this forum. October 15th 2009, so I'm just over a year now in ownership. Nothing has failed me except for the IC pump which that does everyone. I'm very meticulous with the cars maintenance (oil gets changed at every 4-5k miles) and if something is recommended to be done like a tranny flush or spark plugs I just have it done. I love the car to death so hopefully it will continue to love me back.

I agree with you on the lakers, I just despise LeBron for how he flaunts his "talents" and that ridiculous dog and pony show of ceremony they had for all three of those overpaid fools. My respect for Dwayne Wade has fallen so far...

Still have much love for Kobe I hope Kobe can rally and win 3 in a row again. And that's coming from a die hard Nuggets fan.
well hopefully i'll be a w211 soon or else i'm looking at the G-wagon as well...just need to test drive the G and see how i like it....

i hear you on that, lebum bugs's me...he's like a little kid and wade is ehhh...out of them all i like bosh cause he's quite and does his thing...doesn't need to spot light
Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
I've had the car since the day I joined this forum. I'm very meticulous with the cars maintenance (oil gets changed at every 4-5k miles) and if something is recommended to be done like a tranny flush or spark plugs I just have it done. I love the car to death so hopefully it will continue to love me back.
+1 on that. My b gets a detail once a week, including the engine. You can eat a steak off my sc after a couple runs. Whats the MBZ slogan these days "LOVE WHAT YOU DRIVE"?

well hopefully i'll be a w211 soon or else i'm looking at the G-wagon as well...just need to test drive the G and see how i like it....
Dood for the $$$ you will fork out on a half way decent G you can get into a PROPER 06 E55 with low miles!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
+1 on that. My b gets a detail once a week, including the engine. You can eat a steak off my sc after a couple runs. Whats the MBZ slogan these days "LOVE WHAT YOU DRIVE"?

Dood for the $$$ you will fork out on a half way decent G you can get into a PROPER 06 E55 with low miles!

i've been eyeing 03 g500's just cause i've wanted a suv for a long time....i'll only consider the G if it drives good after the test drive and if i can get it for a little under 20k...

i drove an 06 cayanne and it didn't feel good and i don't like that many suv's out there....
Old 12-31-2010, 06:06 AM

2006 E55 AMG
4yr up to 100k mile mercury warranty around 5,000. as for a g they are overpriced completely. i had the chance to FULLY test drive the new panorama and cayenne turbo '11 both were very unexpected as far as power goes. although those are brand new. regular cayenne/s, wouldn't buy one.