G/B: Longtube Headers!!! APPROVED **LOOK INSIDE** Insane Deal**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Originally Posted by chiromikey
were you one of the people that upgraded their order from headers to full exhaust? if not, i would think you still had to have some communication with chris in order to make a second payment...???
Yes I did upgrade to the full system and paid about 11 days ago. I sent him multiple e-mails before paying and several after asking about ETA's and where he is at on the list. He replied back only with an updated invoice and that is it! He totally ignored everything in all the e-mails I previously sent. I gave him the benefit of the doubt by sending the money without those answers, but now I am finished waiting and want a refund. At this point it is about the principle and I just want my money back. If he is a stand up guy he will refund me my payments and we will not have to go through the hassle of PayPal and CC disputes. Again, nothing against his product, but to me it is now past the point where I can say I would be happy with my purchase.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mikey33
Yes I did upgrade to the full system and paid about 11 days ago. I sent him multiple e-mails before paying and several after asking about ETA's and where he is at on the list. He replied back only with an updated invoice and that is it! He totally ignored everything in all the e-mails I previously sent. I gave him the benefit of the doubt by sending the money without those answers, but now I am finished waiting and want a refund. At this point it is about the principle and I just want my money back. If he is a stand up guy he will refund me my payments and we will not have to go through the hassle of PayPal and CC disputes. Again, nothing against his product, but to me it is now past the point where I can say I would be happy with my purchase.
Wait, I didn't know this part. Up to 11 days ago you were obviously "fine" with the delay to the point that you even sent him additional money for him to ADD things to your order, making it even more complicated for him to make his past due deadline. The contract changed as soon as you sent him that additional payment imo. You added more things for him to do before he ships out your order only 11 days ago.

I'm not defending the seller in the least bit since I would be breathing fire if I were some of your guys, but I would have sent him another $1K after months of waiting and unanswered emails only to complain about it 11 days later.

Regardless, he should just refund anyways to make everyone happy. It's not like he won't be able to sell those headers quickly after he completes them. They have a great price.

Last edited by GT-ER; 05-23-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First, I would like to say I was wrong for believing that if I sent him more money that would make him more inclined to finish the headers and give me answers ASAP because I was wrong. Second, there is no contract, as far as I'm concerned if there were it definitely would have been invalid by the amount of time taken thus far. Either way I'm going to get my $ back, the question is whether he wants to waste both our times for the hell of it, and no I'm not a fraud or dishonest! I never received anything tangible from this ordeal except recurring interest.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i can understand being upset because of the timeframe but honestly, it sounds more like you might have not planned appropriately for an emergency and now need to free up money. if he would have shipped your headers a day prior to you needing money, would you instead be asking for a refund?

either way, i understand your frustration but i also understand chris being stuck for the time/material for your order and recent upgrade.

maybe you can find someone that missed out on the group buy to purchase your spot and make everyone happy...

Last edited by chiromikey; 05-23-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi. Well my Chrysler warranty paid for my car bill so I do not need the money, but I still want a refund because I am tired of waiting and the run around. I am not going to discuss this any further on here, but I just wanted to make it clear that I did try selling the headers here for over a month i believe and there were no hits.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Hey Mikey, maybe if you want to play with the big boys in the Benz club you shouldn't have to float a recurring balance to upgrade your car or be one repair away from monetary panic. Then again, maybe I'm one of the few who just pays cash, so what do I know.

With that said, your frustration is understandable, but I don't necessarily agree with your approach. Especially considering the nature of a group buy and the amount of materials purchased up front. Not to mention, a further purchase on your side a short time ago.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 PM

11 QX56, 09 E63, 00 S2000
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Hey Mikey, maybe if you want to play with the big boys in the Benz club you shouldn't have to float a recurring balance to upgrade your car or be one repair away from monetary panic.
Wow, did you really go there?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by dychen
Wow, did you really go there?
Indeed I did, albeit a little tongue in cheek. It is looking more and more like the M3 forums around here and that is a function of what? Think it through...
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Mikey, maybe if you want to play with the big boys in the Benz club you shouldn't have to float a recurring balance to upgrade your car or be one repair away from monetary panic. Then again, maybe I'm one of the few who just pays cash, so what do I know.

With that said, your frustration is understandable, but I don't necessarily agree with your approach. Especially considering the nature of a group buy and the amount of materials purchased up front. Not to mention, a further purchase on your side a short time ago.
Mommy, why cant i have flan? Mommy, why cant I be in the big boy Benz club? The real question is not whether I paid with cc/cash, I have a negative balance (lol), or anything else. The point is I want a refund plain and simple. I am sure the headers will be great for those who wait, but communication or the lack thereof has been bothersome.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Mommy, why cant i have flan? Mommy, why cant I be in the big boy Benz club? The real question is not whether I paid with cc/cash, I have a negative balance (lol), or anything else. The point is I want a refund plain and simple. I am sure the headers will be great for those who wait, but communication or the lack thereof has been bothersome.
Sigh, sarcasm is just lost in the written word. You brought up the issues with interest being paid, and have flip flopped on whether you were going to sell them, install, etc. So, I was just going off that. Anyway, you keep saying you live down the street from Chris, well, stalk his *** and visit with him, you'll see he is a decent dude.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG
All,

While I don't mind waiting myself (I've very kindly volunteered to take mine last), to be fair 5-6 months after paying for them is getting a bit long. I'm not complaining here and I don't mind waiting but for any mod I've ever done for any car I've owned, I don't recall having to wait 5+ months to recieve delivery after paying for them in full.

I just emailed Chris asking for a delivery date for my set even if it's still a few months away.

Again I don't mind waiting/paying for excellence/fantastic deal, but just would like to get an ETA from Chris.

Plus I'll give him $500 more for doing the install!

My $.02.

Alex
Old 05-24-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
My car was just taken into Mercedes yesterday because of a check engine light and my gas tank has a leak in it!!! The cost to replace it and labor is $2200 which I do not have, so I need to free up cash. Hopefully Chris will understand the situation and give me a refund especially since the time waited has been crazy.
Mikey33,

Wouldn't your extended warranty cover this repair?

Alex
Old 05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by alextaylor29
Mikey33,

Wouldn't your extended warranty cover this repair?

Alex
He already said the warranty paid for it.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
I would like to know who is still waiting for headers??
Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Evolved8
I am.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Then again, maybe I'm one of the few who just pays cash, so what do I know.
Paying with a CC for consumer protection (and rewards points... why not?) isn't necessarily a bad thing - if you have the free cash flow to pay off the balance and avoid interest charges. But in general (not directed at anyone in particular), buying thousands of dollars of mods on a CC with punitive interest charges and making minimum monthly payments is unhealthy to one's personal finances, IMHO. Not to mention, the total amount paid when all is said and done is staggeringly greater than that "great deal" initially thought. Yet we live in a consumer (and credit) driven economy... c'est la vie.

Anyway, I Like Soup, I thought you'd find interest in this article, if you hadn't already seen it:

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/...ially-fragile/
Old 05-25-2011, 08:49 AM

E55, CTS-V Wagon, Duc 1098R
Originally Posted by Evolved8
I am as well but I'm pretty sure I'm the last one on the list.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I AM!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:11 PM

'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
Got another update from Chris today just before lunch:

"Yours and Chris Ketters are at coating as of Monday with others following through out the week. I am trying to have "All" systems built by this upcomming Monday. The three day weekend wil give me a solid chance of finishing the remaining sets. If everything goes as planned, the remaining sets will go to coating on Tuesday or Wed. next week. As they return from coating, I will box and ship them accordingly.

Thanks for all of your help!

Chris"

I'm getting psyched again.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It really is too little too late on my order. I have already filed the paperwork with my credit card company and they have refunded me provisionally the cost, so I am not going to accept them. Hope everyone else enjoys their headers!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Paying with a CC for consumer protection (and rewards points... why not?) isn't necessarily a bad thing - if you have the free cash flow to pay off the balance and avoid interest charges. But in general (not directed at anyone in particular), buying thousands of dollars of mods on a CC with punitive interest charges and making minimum monthly payments is unhealthy to one's personal finances, IMHO. Not to mention, the total amount paid when all is said and done is staggeringly greater than that "great deal" initially thought. Yet we live in a consumer (and credit) driven economy... c'est la vie.

Anyway, I Like Soup, I thought you'd find interest in this article, if you hadn't already seen it:

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/...ially-fragile/
I almost always put everything and anything I can on my credit card for the very thing you mentioned, the reward points. When getting my longtubes/headers, I did pay cash to keep it off the books, so to speak!

Interesting article too. I consider myself conservative when it comes to finances, so I'm a little paranoid about keeping a large rainy day fund!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
should have these within 3 weeks time per Chris, so now is the time to grab them so they can ship directly to your house.

$2500 shipped for the complete system, see the engine and performance classifieds for pics and details.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
I'm still waiting for mine as well, but it looks like we're close!

POWER!!!! (hehehe...I am a child)

Alex
Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I too am waiting for mine, and now that we have a good ETA kinda, I have to say,"I'm Stoked!"
Old 05-31-2011, 04:27 PM

'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
Update from Chris:

Hey John,

I should know later today if yours is ready for pick up from coating. As for the others, there are 5 (including yours) at coating now. I made a valid attempt at getting the last 4 headers built this weekend and Monday, but it didn't happen. I was able to make great progress and will hopefully have them finished by Friday or Saturday. If you could pass this on to the forum, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you,

Chris

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G/B: Longtube Headers!!! APPROVED **LOOK INSIDE** Insane Deal**