W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any red flags on this '08 E63? What is a fair market price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(.)(.)
Any red flags on this '08 E63? What is a fair market price?

Im looking at this local E63.

1- do you see any red flags?
2- what is a fair current market price for this car?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Old 01-12-2011, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
I can't see any red flags from the information that was presented. But I would take the VIN to a local Mercedes dealer, and have them run a query for you. I would also do my own carfax on the car as well. Also talk to your insurace carrier, and have them do a query as well, to see if any accidents for this VIN was ever reported. This would be another sorry, if you were to buy it from a local mercedes dealer. You can only take someone at their word, as you can't see the car. If the car was at a local dealer then yes. The best thing that could happen is for a local member to check it out for you. But the price seems reasonable for the year and mileage. I would ask them to provide you with a maintenance record. One of the most expensive parts on these E63 is front brake rotors, $930 each from Mercedes. I would be curious about brake pads and rotors. I'm just saying.....
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 PM

'06 E55
Originally Posted by 207
Im looking at this local E63.

1- do you see any red flags?
2- what is a fair current market price for this car?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...fCarsQ5fTrucks

I live in Houston and almost purchased an E55 from Expo in 2009. They source their cars from auctions across the country (and there's nothing wrong with that). The car I looked at had been in an accident and had a bad Carfax report. Expo didn't post the VIN number online with the listing and I had to get it directly off the car...and of course the accident showed up, which scared me off. Their ad also represented the car as having NAV when it didn't. Those two things scared me off and I wouldn't do business with them in the future. Just my $0.02.

You can't afford any grey area with cars of this cost and complexity. FYI: I ended up buying a CPO E55 from Jacksonville. The piece of mind was worth the added cost in my opinion.

Happy hunting.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amg
that car is $8k to high,current real world price for that is $35-38k. Trust me,I know as I just sold my absolutely immaculate '07 E63 w 38k mi&similiar options. shop around....
Old 01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Talking about car/options only and not price, looks pretty nice
Old 01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
It seems lately that more 63's are sold at auction to non MB dealers (2 in my area)

They're a hard sell right now and prices continue to decline like crazy.

This '09 local one, to me, has been relisted 3 times on Ebay with the highest bid @ $32k.
That tells you something. : Click Here
Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: 08 E63

I would take the car to a local MB dealer for a pre-purchase inspection. Have the dealer detail what, if any, service or repairs are needed. Also get both a Carfax and Auto Check report for the car. Verify how much warranty is remaining, and plan to get a warranty for as long as you will own the car.

If the car is straight, accident free, service is current, and comes with warranty, I'd pay up a little as it looks like a nice car.

Prices are at their lowest now due to the season, they will come back in the Spring/Summer so this is IMO the best time to buy provided you find the right car.

Have fun.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I agree that prices can be seasonal. In the P-car world, you can get better money for your car in spring and early summer.

On the other hand, oil prices have been rising steadily now. This may soon have an effect on the pricing of gas guzzlers (and even with performance oriented buyers overall.)

I'm not sure why people shop at these "Fantasy Car" and "Dream Car" places that buy from auctions and know absolutely nothing about AMGs (or any other car for that matter.) Why not shop private sales or MB dealers who have CPO'd cars. Sure CPO'd cars are a bit more, but you also have MBUSA somewhere behind the sale instead of some "exotic cars for cheap" place that could fold any day. Just my 2 cents......
Old 01-12-2011, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by 220S
I agree that prices can be seasonal. In the P-car world, you can get better money for your car in spring and early summer.

On the other hand, oil prices have been rising steadily now. This may soon have an effect on the pricing of gas guzzlers (and even with performance oriented buyers overall.)

I'm not sure why people shop at these "Fantasy Car" and "Dream Car" places that buy from auctions and know absolutely nothing about AMGs (or any other car for that matter.) Why not shop private sales or MB dealers who have CPO'd cars. Sure CPO'd cars are a bit more, but you also have MBUSA somewhere behind the sale instead of some "exotic cars for cheap" place that could fold any day. Just my 2 cents......
+1 The best cars are controlled by all the MB dealers. Work on a deal with them for an 08 E63 and they will come down to a reasonable price.

This car at Expo might be okay after you have checked it over closely. Expo is like any other "quick sell" outfit that will tell you every car they have is "perfect".

Expo will come down say $4K-5K but not 8K. If they do, add an aftermarket warranty and you will be good to go. Still think you should look at all the CPO cars being offered by the MB dealers.

Good luck finding what you want.