Sponsored by:

Airmatic Sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Airmatic Sensor

I made a thread awhile back about my lean and one of the things that came up was I may have a damaged sensor. The car is getting serviced atm but I'm picking it up tomorrow and before I take it anywhere else I wanted to know if there is anyway I can check for sensor damage myself, or if It needs to be taken in and looked at.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
was the lean at the front or back?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:24 PM

2005 E55 AMG
The lean is very pronounced on the rear driver side, and the front driver side has a slight lean as well.

Airmatic still works just fine raising and lowering, the car does not get lower overnight and then raise to normal when i start the car.

So the only thing I can assume is it's either a damaged sensor because the airmatic also seems to readjust itself for no reason while I'm driving or it just needs to be re-calibrated.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 PM

mercedes
Unhappy Rear Airmatic suspension

Ok, I drove my 2003 E320 w211 benz just fine from Tampa to Orlando. Not so fast about 80-90. Now coming back rite before my exit off the highway visit workshop lite came on. So I just got off and a mile down parked front of my garage. Noticed my rear end was low.Very low ,tiers up in wheel well.So, I turned on the car and pressed to raise vehicle. Now it started raising front and the back.All was fine. So, I turned off the raise car button and pressed the sports mode(1 led),The front started to drop but the back now got stuck.Put in lower sports mode (2 Led's) and the front dropped but rear up in the air and stuck.
I did try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it ,but no luck.
Well one good thing is I know I dont have a leak since it been up in the air for 2 days now. Im riding my bike to work. Read here that the rear end leveling sensor is bad? Did try to locate it by rear differential,but couldnt see it.If someone can HELP me please.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
Originally Posted by Psihoriki
Ok, I drove my 2003 E320 w211 benz just fine from Tampa to Orlando. Not so fast about 80-90. Now coming back rite before my exit off the highway visit workshop lite came on. So I just got off and a mile down parked front of my garage. Noticed my rear end was low.Very low ,tiers up in wheel well.So, I turned on the car and pressed to raise vehicle. Now it started raising front and the back.All was fine. So, I turned off the raise car button and pressed the sports mode(1 led),The front started to drop but the back now got stuck.Put in lower sports mode (2 Led's) and the front dropped but rear up in the air and stuck.
I did try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it ,but no luck.
Well one good thing is I know I dont have a leak since it been up in the air for 2 days now. Im riding my bike to work. Read here that the rear end leveling sensor is bad? Did try to locate it by rear differential,but couldnt see it.If someone can HELP me please.
maybe the rear link has come away............The sensor is a PITA to get to.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=https:...R4hyz6iGfxGkrQ

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ch&um=1&itbs=1

Last edited by £ C43 £ AMG £; 02-03-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
Originally Posted by Hyperlite
The lean is very pronounced on the rear driver side, and the front driver side has a slight lean as well.

Airmatic still works just fine raising and lowering, the car does not get lower overnight and then raise to normal when i start the car.

So the only thing I can assume is it's either a damaged sensor because the airmatic also seems to readjust itself for no reason while I'm driving or it just needs to be re-calibrated.

Needs to be checked on STAR. Check for any faults, but most importatantly it can be tested / calibrated in the STAR, ADAPTATIONS menu.