Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
Holy crap!

We're at $3.20s in Maryland and I thought that was high ... I can only imagine how brutal the prices will be this summer.
Yeah, and today the NYT was talking about the price of oil has jumped more due to the unrest in Egypt.

Check the current price change in live time (from last week to today and in each state) in the small box on the upper right of this website: http://zfacts.com/p/35.html
Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by baldmike73
they want to buy your car, but you are going to be leaving in a new car and payments.

the shop i goto said an older lady went to MB and just wanted to sell her car back and they wouldn't do it - even though she had the letter from the dealership saying her car was in high demand and they would giver her top dollar!
It has NOTHING to do with your special E55's, dont think you're being singled out. They dont really care about your car. They do however do a fantastic job of making one believe that their prized E55 is in high demand and "the manager is really impressed with your car and would love to make you an offer".

Its a joke. The only reason they want you in there is so they can give you pennies on the dollar on what your car is actually worth and then they want to sell you a new shiny car loan. I have an insider who makes the calls. He claims the whole "manager saw you pull in to service" is a scam. They make you a very low offer on your car but thats not all, in order to get that low rip off number, you have to sign a lease or finance a new car from the same dealer.

Everyone here seems pretty savvy so I'm sure you know that. I guess the next thing to do is have fun with them!

Old 01-28-2011, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Whaddya think....

will $4 gas (and it's coming) finally push some folks over the edge? On the other hand, less folks on the road will be great. If you dont' enjoy driving, get off the road and use mass transit!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by TheVazha
...Its a joke. The only reason they want you in there is so they can give you pennies on the dollar on what your car is actually worth and then they want to sell you a new shiny car loan. I have an insider who makes the calls. He claims the whole "manager saw you pull in to service" is a scam. They make you a very low offer on your car but thats not all, in order to get that low rip off number, you have to sign a lease or finance a new car from the same dealer...

Really? Because that 'manager saw your car' call is exactly what happened to me and they paid me top dollar for my car, did not try to sell me anything, and the General Manager was driving the car the next day.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
Really? Because that 'manager saw your car' call is exactly what happened to me and they paid me top dollar for my car, did not try to sell me anything, and the General Manager was driving the car the next day.
Your case isn't the same as what's being discussed here. You were talking about your NSX. And the general manager was looking for one personally. That's a different beast. I've had car dealers plead with me to sell my 993. Here we're talking about an E Class AMG Mercedes, not exactly a sought after car as is apparent by the going market rate.