W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

FU*KIN WINTER!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
FU*KIN WINTER!!!!!!!

I swore this year I was going to garage the 55 considering how much damage gets done just by the salt and the sand on the roads but IAT's below 80 keep getting me out (that and I don't intend to sell it so I figure a re-spray will be coming in a couple of years).

Well, last week on my way to get an oil change and I got stuck behind a salt truck. The amount of pain associated with that sound cannot be described. Anyway as a result of last years abuse I found a "chip repair kit" that I had to grab again. Just google "dr color chip" and you'll find the company. All paint is color matched and for the money, I don't think a better alternative exists. That being said, anybody who drives their car in winter SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER GETTING A CLEAR BRA.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:24 PM

2018 E63s, 2004 E55 AMG
Looks like it worked pretty good. Which size kit did you get? I was just looking at them recently.
Old 02-06-2011 | 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Looks good. Is it easy to apply?
Old 02-06-2011 | 05:16 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: Dr. Colorchip

+1. Use it on my G35 and the wife's Odyssey monthly. It is easy to use and works nicely.
Old 02-06-2011 | 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
whats the color code on an '03 w/ tectite grey?
Old 02-06-2011 | 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Looks pretty good BT! Nice work. I'll try that on the hood and see if I can't get most of it out.

I hate this weather. A rookie mistake yesterday I took the 55 out and got some gas and washed her. Then I look outside my office and a ****in blizzard is going off. Worst part is I have buddies in for the evening and couldn't go change cars after work Poor car was literally a snow plow all evening.
Old 02-06-2011 | 06:09 PM

E55 AMG
That does look a lot better. I have seen a lot of people bash the clearbra because you can see the line across the hood but I have had it on two cars and couldn't be happier with it. It really works great.
Old 02-07-2011 | 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Damn, that made quite a difference BT! I am going to need a 5 gallon vat of that stuff by the time winter is over.
Old 02-07-2011 | 12:31 PM

2006 CLS55, 2005 Boxster-S
Dr. Color chip is awesome! For whatever reason Merc paint is really soft. It's especially tough to maintain especially if you own a black car. I live in SoCal and have gotten a bunch of chips over time and I'm real careful about not driving behind any of those lifted trucks or any others for that matter. I was seriously considering reshooting my hood and bumper until I found this. I imagine your rocker panels are badly chipped towards the back as well?
Old 02-07-2011 | 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Looks like it worked pretty good. Which size kit did you get? I was just looking at them recently.
I got the smallest size - still have plenty of paint but the solution is getting low - I would get a bigger bottle of solution.

Looks good. Is it easy to apply?
super easy to apply - it takes some time taking off the excess paint with the solution

Looks pretty good BT! Nice work. I'll try that on the hood and see if I can't get most of it out.
I still haven't hit the hood (any time I look at the hood and see the chips I giggle. . .I notice a definite correlation between chips on the hood and triple digit speeds).

I hate this weather. A rookie mistake yesterday I took the 55 out and got some gas and washed her. Then I look outside my office and a ****in blizzard is going off. Worst part is I have buddies in for the evening and couldn't go change cars after work Poor car was literally a snow plow all evening.
(but I'm also very sad to hear this)

That does look a lot better. I have seen a lot of people bash the clearbra because you can see the line across the hood but I have had it on two cars and couldn't be happier with it. It really works great.
Biggest mistake I made was not getting the car clear bra(ed)

Damn, that made quite a difference BT! I am going to need a 5 gallon vat of that stuff by the time winter is over.

Dr. Color chip is awesome! For whatever reason Merc paint is really soft. It's especially tough to maintain especially if you own a black car. I live in SoCal and have gotten a bunch of chips over time and I'm real careful about not driving behind any of those lifted trucks or any others for that matter. I was seriously considering reshooting my hood and bumper until I found this. I imagine your rocker panels are badly chipped towards the back as well?
everything is chipped - I just haven't done the whole car yet; unfortunately my normal driving speeds don't help with the chips.