Old 02-15-2011, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Yes, the day after you received yours.

Very nice bolts.

How did your photoshoot go?
Cancelled again because it was 30 degrees out.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:02 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None fast enough!
Originally Posted by AMGV855
Nobody willing to help Hmm maybe Evosport can give me an answer, however I would love if someone neutral could give me input as well. Thanks in advance
I will be happy to answer some questions with our point of view.

Originally Posted by omar26
I just installed an evosport 175mm pulley last night that I bought off a member (worththewait). Great guy by the way .....The thing pulls hard the few times I floored it last night, but I was kind of iffy if the shop my friend took the car to yesterday put in a new crank bolt pulley since they only charged me $10 for the bolt when I saw the invoice last night. Because of that I didn't push it much. I didn't see any wobble at all, but I can give you a more elaborate review in a couple days.
You most likely need a modified bolt. All evosport pulley kits come with a modified stock bolt to properly fit into the pulley without contacting the pulley itself. If you use a stock one, the head may be too large for the pulley and it may walk off the snout and can cause a MAJOR failure.

Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
If they didn't use a NEW bolt and torque it correctly you are looking for trouble no matter if you push it or don't! Trust me I know for a bad experience. Get it back to them and have the put on a new stretch bolt and watch them torque it if you are in doubt.
YEP! And not just new, but new and modified.

Usually a E55 pulley kit includes : Crank Pulley, WaterPump pulley, Belt and sometimes crank bolt.
We have a couple kits.
1. full upgrade - H20, Alt, PS, Crank, Idlers, Belt, bolt
2. crank kit - 178mm Crank, H20, belt

How are the additional pulleys included in the Evosport package for the E55, beneficial vs Stock?
The other pulleys are just under-drive. They all help to reduce the drag on the system, and free up lost power (just like a lightweight flywheel or differential upgrade). So yes, they are better than stock. They are good for 4-8 wheel HP, so not huge, but everything adds up!

I have read somewhere that one or more of the pulleys that Evosport supplies is metal as opposed to the oem plastic. Also something about one of the pulleys having extra ribs or a wider diameter to lesson the chance of belt slippage or something along those lines(it is a pulley that does not have direct contact with the belt if I remember correctly)
Could someone please elaborate on this.
yes, our complete kit is very complete. We have gone to great lengths to prevent belt slip and slap.

The pros and cons of under driving our E55 AMG vehicles?
The only con is if you don't drive the car hard. If you are just always tooling around, you will potentially have charging issues and have sub optimal PS and H20 Flow. By under driving, we are effectively raising the optimal RPM range of the pumps to a slightly higher than idle level. So for cars left at idle most of their life (ie: soccer moms, etc), this is potentially not a great upgrade. Now, I say potentially as it is not black and white. I have UD pulleys on my wife's car and never had a problem.

Is it worth it for the extra pulleys?
Yes, due to the anti-slip and anti-slap properties it is 100% worth it IMHO, but we make and sell them so I am biased.

Thanks
Brad
Old 02-15-2011, 05:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
I will be happy to answer some questions with our point of view.

You most likely need a modified bolt. All evosport pulley kits come with a modified stock bolt to properly fit into the pulley without contacting the pulley itself. If you use a stock one, the head may be too large for the pulley and it may walk off the snout and can cause a MAJOR failure.

YEP! And not just new, but new and modified.

We have a couple kits.
1. full upgrade - H20, Alt, PS, Crank, Idlers, Belt, bolt
2. crank kit - 178mm Crank, H20, belt

The other pulleys are just under-drive. They all help to reduce the drag on the system, and free up lost power (just like a lightweight flywheel or differential upgrade). So yes, they are better than stock. They are good for 4-8 wheel HP, so not huge, but everything adds up!

yes, our complete kit is very complete. We have gone to great lengths to prevent belt slip and slap.

The only con is if you don't drive the car hard. If you are just always tooling around, you will potentially have charging issues and have sub optimal PS and H20 Flow. By under driving, we are effectively raising the optimal RPM range of the pumps to a slightly higher than idle level. So for cars left at idle most of their life (ie: soccer moms, etc), this is potentially not a great upgrade. Now, I say potentially as it is not black and white. I have UD pulleys on my wife's car and never had a problem.

Yes, due to the anti-slip and anti-slap properties it is 100% worth it IMHO, but we make and sell them so I am biased.

Thanks
Brad

Thanks Brad,
I appreciate the answers. It seems to be a great product.

I like the idea of the Anti-Slip properties, since this is a common concern.

Since the Crank is being overdriven with a larger pulley, doesnt underdriving the accesories mean the accesories are acutally running back to stock?

Also could you please tell me the means that your pulley is measured?

Is it a true 178mm rib to rib?

Thanks so much, I look forward to your replies.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:29 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it a true 178mm rib to rib?

Thanks so much, I look forward to your replies.
Yes, it is measured between the ribs and not between the guides.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63 AMS Alpha9
Brad, is it true that the 180mm pulley kit for the E55 is on back order?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Tonypw
Brad, is it true that the 180mm pulley kit for the E55 is on back order?
If this is true, how long are you expecting before having this pulley kit available?