Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
That is FAR from being totaled
+1 minor front end collision does not equal salvage unless your insurance company is insane.

Upgrade to the E63 front end and keep your baby.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
I don't know why, but its sadden me to see a wreck AMG. Good luck with your car.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
+1 minor front end collision does not equal salvage unless your insurance company is insane.

Upgrade to the E63 front end and keep your baby.

I'm still confused, are you guys implying that I can upgrade to an e63 front bumper through repairs? or are you just saying since the work is being done I should buy one and have it put on while they are doing the other work?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Originally Posted by emoving
Man, that is 2 55s taken out this month by stupid Lexus drivers. I nearly missed a Tiburon that pulled out in front of me 20 minutes ago.
Nearly missed...sooo...you hit it?
Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'21 GT4, ‘11 C63 P31, ‘04 VW .:R32, '88 Chrysler Conquest TSi, ‘15 Ram Longhorn, '
I would agree that the car is probably not totaled. It is possible to have subframe damage depending on how hard the hit was. If the car is not totaled, you will have to consider the following when with regard to the value of your car. Paintwork on an E55 is not good, especially granite grey as it is a tough color to match. Moreover, if your car has an accident indicator on Carfax or Autocheck it dramatically affects the value as the car is now "branded" for life. Something to consider when speaking to their insurance company.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:54 AM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Originally Posted by Hyperlite
Are you saying I might be able to get the shop to update the front bumper??

Any other advice on talking with the insurance adjuster about the damage and parts replacement is welcome.

Also, as taboo as it is I was still considering taking the car to MB of Beverly Hills because of how close it is. I know it's a stealership but because their insurance will be covering the repairs/payout on the car should I take it there?

I have heard horror stories from stealerships but nothing from MB of Beverly Hills other than that they charge hella labor and parts.

I also have a good body shop buts it's a bit of a trek.

Any suggestions?
You just have to ask the bodyshop if they are willing to do it. Parts are probably very similar in price so they wouldn't lose out. I'm not sure what is involved in the swap, but you might need a new grill and fogs.

Originally Posted by Boughtittwice
I would agree that the car is probably not totaled. It is possible to have subframe damage depending on how hard the hit was. If the car is not totaled, you will have to consider the following when with regard to the value of your car. Paintwork on an E55 is not good, especially granite grey as it is a tough color to match. Moreover, if your car has an accident indicator on Carfax or Autocheck it dramatically affects the value as the car is now "branded" for life. Something to consider when speaking to their insurance company.
IIRC, California had some kind of law regarding diminished value.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Your sig pic is on the roof of Beverly Dr. parking lot! I know my hood too well. Call me tomorrow, I'm sure we can take care of you...
Old 02-20-2011, 04:44 AM

E63 AMG
If I had to guess, that's about a $10k repair.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Silver E55
Ouch , all I can say is I feel your pain,. Compared to my first this is not a total but is close to 8 grand probably. lower suspension components are not to bad. but I agree find a good shop and make sure MB does all the mechanical work. that way all warranty issues for that is covered no questions asked. I was lucky to find the twin for mine.