Sponsored by:

$29k for a 07 E63 what u think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
E63 2007

Good afternoon,have just joined the group and have been reading a lot on the E63.
I traded my 911 2002 for a 2007 E63 with only 24k miles and so far i think i made the best move.
had the Porsche for 3 years and didn't drive much and finally traded it in.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Shadow5501
I think it's overpriced. For $29K you can buy an '06 E55 with half as many miles, or perhaps a little more. What would you rather have, 1 year older or an extra 4 years worth of driving/wear and tear?

I think it's worth perhaps $24K or $25K. An E55 with that many miles struggles to bring $20K.

My $.01 (not worth 2 cents)

I'm sorry but I think you are smoking something, overpriced?? ...The first thing that came to my mind was salvage, stolen, scam...etc

Fine the mileage is high and I wouldn't do it, only because I rather spend more and get something mint, but if thats someones budget and they like the car go for it! but maintainance is key!
and if it checks out, perfect!

I don't understand, its almost as if you like the depreciation that our cars take??

So what do you feel your personal car is worth now?

When your car hits that kinda mileage pm me so I can take it off your hands for 5-6 grand.

These cars loose their stature so fast because of the affordability factor,
16 year old kids are going to be rolling around in E63's all over the place in a year, and even thats okay but its the class that goes out the window when the price tag drops, a new niche of buyers are attracted who lack a certain something, I don't want to get into it because i dont have the right words...but I hope somone can fill in the blanks for me.

To the OP, have the car checked at a local dealer, have the current owner fix anything the dealer finds, prior to purchasing. Buy an extended warranty and enjoy the car for years to come. As long as you are buying to enjoy the car and not to make money you are fine provided the car checks out.

What is the least this car will ever be worth? ever ? $9000 so 20K loss over however long you keep it is nothing. Buy it, keep it and drive it into the ground.
Even if in three years your car is worth 9 grand, thats only a loss of
$550 a month for an amazing car! (it won't be worth 9k, I hope)

If you can afford it, step it up . How far do you go though? if this is, already stretching you won't afford to maintain it. If this is saving you a few thousand, don't be a cheap ***, and find your self a nice example of the car that you will enjoy and appreciate more.

If this is your budget and you like the car, congrats! Drive it into the ground and you got yourself a great deal!

Cheers!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
AMG,

You made good points. I don't think that the E63 would be the car of choice for too many 16 year olds, though. What is going to eliminate this factor further is the overall cost of maintenance and insurance. The insurance on my AMG and M3 around the DC area is very high, and I'm a 40 year old guy who was been with the same ins co since I was 16. Actually my ZO6 was cheaper than my AMG. So, a few shop visits and insurance billing cycles would nix most young guys.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
Originally Posted by AMGV855
I'm sorry but I think you are smoking something, overpriced?? ...The first thing that came to my mind was salvage, stolen, scam...etc

Fine the mileage is high and I wouldn't do it, only because I rather spend more and get something mint, but if thats someones budget and they like the car go for it! but maintainance is key!
and if it checks out, perfect!

I don't understand, its almost as if you like the depreciation that our cars take??

So what do you feel your personal car is worth now?

When your car hits that kinda mileage pm me so I can take it off your hands for 5-6 grand.

These cars loose their stature so fast because of the affordability factor,
16 year old kids are going to be rolling around in E63's all over the place in a year, and even thats okay but its the class that goes out the window when the price tag drops, a new niche of buyers are attracted who lack a certain something, I don't want to get into it because i dont have the right words...but I hope somone can fill in the blanks for me.

To the OP, have the car checked at a local dealer, have the current owner fix anything the dealer finds, prior to purchasing. Buy an extended warranty and enjoy the car for years to come. As long as you are buying to enjoy the car and not to make money you are fine provided the car checks out.

What is the least this car will ever be worth? ever ? $9000 so 20K loss over however long you keep it is nothing. Buy it, keep it and drive it into the ground.
Even if in three years your car is worth 9 grand, thats only a loss of
$550 a month for an amazing car! (it won't be worth 9k, I hope)

If you can afford it, step it up . How far do you go though? if this is, already stretching you won't afford to maintain it. If this is saving you a few thousand, don't be a cheap ***, and find your self a nice example of the car that you will enjoy and appreciate more.

If this is your budget and you like the car, congrats! Drive it into the ground and you got yourself a great deal!

Cheers!
You completely missed my point. You can purchase an '06 E55 with half that many miles for about the same money. That is an approximately equivalent car with less use/wear/tear. Therefore, the 99K mile E63 is overpriced. It's more used up, it needs to cost less.

Care to share where you would buy a warranty for an AMG car with 99K miles on it? If it even exists - which I doubt - the price would be non-trivial.

Your post doesn't even make sense to me.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:10 PM

CLK 500
Both of you guys make good points, 29k for a E63 that is is running great, no salvage title or engine problems definitely isn't overpriced IMO. The car was almost 100k about only about 3 years ago. On the other hand you can find E55's with 50k miles in the 20's also, fact of the matter is the E63 was AMG's new model of 6.3 litre engines and they are always going to be more expensive because they are the newer model (even though they aren't that much faster than the 5.5 s/c motors). It is crazy how prices are dropping though, about 3 years ago I would have never found a E55 even close to the mid- 20k range, that's why i picked up my clk 500 then in the mid twenties, now the demand is down for these cars because people don't have the money and Mercedes just depreciate like a B**ch. Might be good for buying one but selling it obviously kills you.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Shadow5501
You completely missed my point. You can purchase an '06 E55 with half that many miles for about the same money. That is an approximately equivalent car with less use/wear/tear. Therefore, the 99K mile E63 is overpriced. It's more used up, it needs to cost less.

Care to share where you would buy a warranty for an AMG car with 99K miles on it? If it even exists - which I doubt - the price would be non-trivial.

Your post doesn't even make sense to me.
I see your point about getting a E55 with less miles for the same price, but even those cars are underpriced for what they are. You may be correct about the warranty, I give you that.

You have to admit that there really is no justification for the depreciating value of these cars.

29K is a great deal for a 07 E63. Your refrence to a low mile e55 vs the high mile E63 is not my argument, others have mentioned in this thread they have had better luck and seen better high mileage cars than low.

My debate was the value, you said that it was not worth 29k and worth much lower. I have accepted the fact that these cars depreciate, but it just seems like alot of it could slow down if it wasnt for people like yourself believing that these cars are worth squat.

As for being a equivalent car, it is simmilar but IT is a facelifted model,that alot of people are keen on and upgrade to. One year newer and a newer motor .
I could have easily bought the E63, but I had love for the E55 and went with that and wouldnt trade ever! So really it's about what you want in the end.

What don't you understand about my post?

The original owner lost 70K+ in three years. Any way you look at it 29k is a steal, if there is nothing wrong with the car. What is he going to loose if he buys it at that price ??

As a enthusiast and owner you should push for these cars to hold there value. 29k should be considered a steal , so should 32k.
Especially as a owner you should support that, at least I believe that.
But you are entitled to your opinon. I guess I was just hoping that people with a passion for these cars, would hold strong, eventually only people with a passion would own them and maintain a certain dollar value. I guess we can dream right...lol
This year I would never sell my E55 for less than 35K.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
Originally Posted by AMGV855
I see your point about getting a E55 with less miles for the same price, but even those cars are underpriced for what they are. You may be correct about the warranty, I give you that.

You have to admit that there really is no justification for the depreciating value of these cars.

29K is a great deal for a 07 E63. Your refrence to a low mile e55 vs the high mile E63 is not my argument, others have mentioned in this thread they have had better luck and seen better high mileage cars than low.

My debate was the value, you said that it was not worth 29k and worth much lower. I have accepted the fact that these cars depreciate, but it just seems like alot of it could slow down if it wasnt for people like yourself believing that these cars are worth squat.

As for being a equivalent car, it is simmilar but IT is a facelifted model,that alot of people are keen on and upgrade to. One year newer and a newer motor .
I could have easily bought the E63, but I had love for the E55 and went with that and wouldnt trade ever! So really it's about what you want in the end.

What don't you understand about my post?

The original owner lost 70K+ in three years. Any way you look at it 29k is a steal, if there is nothing wrong with the car. What is he going to loose if he buys it at that price ??

As a enthusiast and owner you should push for these cars to hold there value. 29k should be considered a steal , so should 32k.
Especially as a owner you should support that, at least I believe that.
But you are entitled to your opinon. I guess I was just hoping that people with a passion for these cars, would hold strong, eventually only people with a passion would own them and maintain a certain dollar value. I guess we can dream right...lol
This year I would never sell my E55 for less than 35K.
OK, I understand your point. I'm one of those "it's-worth-what-the-market-will-bear" kind of guys. Don't really think about whether it's fair that a nice E55 costs $30K. Maybe it's not so much the cars are underpriced now, but that they were overpriced when new? That oughta open up some discussion!