W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by nanayaw6
The thread spiraled after a few good posts but to stay on topic, will this closed loop rail setup eliminate those cylinder 8 issues since I suppose pressure should be even at all injectors?
Great work to both sponsors on working together btw.
It's suppose to. Equalized fuel pressure means equal fuel distributuion. The fuel rail mod is more of a safety/preventative mod, so even a stock car can benefit.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2006 E55, 2006 saab 93 aero, 2010 glk 4m
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm all about getting everything tip top before I start to add more power. Now i need to check on pricing for these.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I spoke with Bruce the other day about the pricing and lets say it is VERY well priced. You guys know I am a mustang bunny, and even in the mustang world, the price of the rail and injectors would be a damn good deal

For the rest of the *** clowns trying to hijack this thread, just pm each other with discrepency's.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Its great to see tuners collaborating to create even BETTER results
Old 02-25-2011, 12:16 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
yes, bruce did a great job on this. I for one am looking forward to putting his product on my personal car. (once released etc) The fuel and injector issue is nothing to laugh at. When you see near full duty cycle on the injectors its a scary day! Anyone around or over 500whp should be calling Bruce in my personal opinion.

Also, for those EC customers out there looking at this, don't forget reflashes are always free with us!

Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Mercedes E55
Looks similar to what Sneaky built! I believe he was the first. When he built a new fuel rail he had to upgrade the fuel pump. How does this setup address not enough fuel from the pump ?

And lastly lets keep these posts on topic..... don't feed the trolls.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
While we have had many differences in the past between TTM/Bruce and Eurocharged/Jerry, the bottom line is that we had a mutual client that was trying out our TTM prototype fuel rail and needed to put the past aside and get this injector/fuel rail package tuned. With that being said, I almost cancelled the order from the buyer(it was already paid for) when I found out that EC was tuning the car. I was very concerned that my injector/fuel rail package was going to be copied once it was seen by EC. The owner assured me that the cars hood would be chained down and that no one was going to be looking under the hood so I proceeded to complete the fuel rail fab work and ship out the package in time for Jerry to tune it. Since the owner was doing a 82mm upgrade too it was a very simple install. The person that set up the tuning day in Miami(Justin) was the person that sent the buyer(Al) to me so we could address the cylinder 8 issue and we have succeeded thanks in a large part to Jerry from Eurocharged!!!

We (sponsors) should be able to work together for the good of the Mercedes Benz community and, when we do, great things can happen. Within 45 seconds of our phone call the past was in the past and Jerry and I got together to brainstorm about the best way to go about getting the tuning done for this new set up. I have full flow sheets and all of the specs for this new injector and Jerry was given all of the information that he requested. He also gave me his word that he would recommend this package to his customers and send them my way for the purchase. He also told me that he would do a complete review in a thread and he has. He has been a man of his word and I commend him for that.

Thank you Justin and Al for making this happen but a sincere thank you has to go to Jerry for being able to put our differences aside and look to the future and for not harping on the past and getting this package tuned. Thanks Jerry!

The whole premise to this fuel rail set up is to help rectify the fuel starvation that happens to these high horsepower M113k's on the left side (#5-#8 cylinder). It is not just #8 but also #6 and #7 too. The fuel rail builds pressure from the ends of the fuel rail(#1 and #5) so when the stock injectors duty cycle is getting maxed out, it causes the left side of the rail to starve for fuel which restricts the amount of pressurize/volume in the rail back to the injectors. With the TTM fuel rail there is another ~12" of pressurized fuel in the rail so the volume is increased. With the larger injectors the duty cycle is lower and that gives the rail time to build the necessary pressure but this is also why you need the extra fuel from our rail. The feed line from the pump to the rail is very small in comparison to the size of the fuel rail so having an extra 12" of pressurized fuel and the lower duty cycle with the larger injectors all but eliminates the fuel starvation issues many people experience with these highly modified M113k's.

The injectors are a dual spray pattern which works exceptionally well with the 2 intake valve design head. As close to direct injection as you can get on these engines.

The TTM Injector/Fuel Rail Kit was developed to rectify the fuel starvation issues associated with highly modified M113k's and it gives you piece of mind to stay in the throttle when in Mexico or at the track!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Good job Bruce! You are the man!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Great job, gents.

Way to
Old 02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
E55 AMG
I'm sure at any power level over stock an upgraded fuel rail with injectors will prove quite helpful in maximizing gains through tuning.

Glad to see someone tackling the fuel delivery issues, and tuners working together to help out the end user.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Talking

Bruce you are drinking the Kool-aid as well now ...JK

This is good stuff!!

Back in oct-Nov when i installed the 550cc's and the guys saw the fuel rail configuration on our cars, immediately was asked to look into a full loop fuel rail and even throw in a fuel regulator, thought it was overkill plus didnt want the down time at the time not to mention the fact that you definitely need to re-tune right after and tuner was not around then..

Well Sure enough i removed the 550's and installed the Bosch 450cc's instead with new colder plugs before going to do the re-tune with Jeremy last week. The car leaned out on the dyno and threw a code (injector circuit malfunction cylinder #5) which we are not sure is the injector itself, it is something im looking into. He immediately pulled all the timing and gave it another shot (with my permission) to try and smooth out the fuel curve which in the end looked ok. I ran it at the track and on the first pass nothing happened, then went again and had to let off after i watched very close how my afr's were skyrocketing under load..So there are a few things to look for here and Fuel rail should def. be in the discussion!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
. The car leaned out on the dyno and threw a code (injector circuit malfunction cylinder #5) which we are not sure is the injector itself, it is something im looking into. ........
I have seen that code as well on modded 55's. Are you able to monitor the duty cycle of your injectors? If not, you should definately look at doing that or hit a dyno that can measure that for you under load. Anything around 500whp is in danger with the stock injectors, even though A/F curve on the graph can be perfect...

Old 02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
My experiences with Bruce and Jerry have always been great and this colaboration is great news for us all. Put me on the list once test results are in....
Old 02-25-2011, 02:36 PM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by loungn14
I have seen that code as well on modded 55's. Are you able to monitor the duty cycle of your injectors? If not, you should definately look at doing that or hit a dyno that can measure that for you under load. Anything around 500whp is in danger with the stock injectors, even though A/F curve on the graph can be perfect...

I monitor my DC thru my meth controller screen. Im not on stock injectors anymore, car has Bosch 450cc's which i believe gave him enough fuel to work with..
Old 02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
So is the stock fuel pump ok with the upgraded rail and bigger squirters?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
So is the stock fuel pump ok with the upgraded rail and bigger squirters?
Just spoke to Bruce. If I heard him correct, Yes you can use the stock fuel pump with the upgraded rail and bigger squirters.

Last edited by jcjmw; 02-25-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
One of these days I am going to propose to Bruce, he is defnitely the man
Old 02-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Interesting hardware from TTM.

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Where are the moderators when you need them?
Working. Sending a message via ‘report post’ will typically receive prompt attention; those are received as a text.

Originally Posted by emoving
You are such a dousche bag!
All members should note that posting offensive words and/or language is strictly prohibited by MBWorld’s Terms of Use.
I’ll henceforth insist emoving refine his jousting vocabulary to include less derogatory banter lest he, too, be relegated to merely another erstwhile participant.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by Bellevue_E55
Looks similar to what Sneaky built! I believe he was the first. When he built a new fuel rail he had to upgrade the fuel pump. How does this setup address not enough fuel from the pump ?

Nick actually changed his into a return system and used an inline fuel pump and was having issues with the toilet bowl effect. I have spoken to Nick many times and his trial and error help foster this custom fuel rail. He chose to change out the fuel pump but the stock one is very efficient and it wasn't necessary. The feed line from the tank is very small and it isn't a pressure issue. It is a volume issue.

With the addition of 12" of fuel line and the ability for the pump to pressurize the fuel rail plus the lower duty cycles with TTM injectors(550cc dual spray pattern), it give the feed line a better shot to get the volume in the rail up to where it needs to be and the pressure and volume will be much more consistent throughout all of the injectors.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
All of the members that I speak to on the phone and pm IS the reason WHY I DO THIS *****!

There are some really exceptional people on this forum and I appreciate all of you.........well most of you.

'Nuff said!

Rust bucket aka Full Throttle........bu bye!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Originally Posted by Bellevue_E55

Like Bruce said, we've talked lots of time(class act all the way around) I personally feel that my set up is way way to complicated and over thought, But when you start from scratch there is allot of trail and error. Once I get it figured out it should be nice.
I really like what Bruce has come up with, The package of injectors and modified rail make sense, its effective and well thought out. I think it should be a must for anyone serous about making power and doing it safely.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
I know this has prolly been thought of or even done but could we just change the fuel pressure regulator to say up the psi by 5-10 psi?

Kit looks nice Bruce but what about the people that dont need to go over kill and just want to make there mildy modded or even stock cars safer?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
Rust bucket aka Full Throttle........bu bye!
Sorry for mucking up your thread in the beginning Bruce but I knew it was Full Throttle and you it was Full Throttle and I was just sticking up for a friend. Looks like he has been banned again! Good job AGAIN Bruce!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Minus the detractors this is the best thread I've seen on MBworld in a long time. Props to both of you and everyone who came together on this.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
can this be built for the 3.2 s/c v6? i would love to see this on a slk32! bruce and jerry what a great job! thanx for all the effort

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!