W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by GregMB
I am curious to hear your assessment of the pricing on the following item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180781413840...#ht_500wt_1413

Is this worth the $2000 asking price, or is this another example of a vendor charging the "Mercedes Tax"?

-G
I would buy a carbon intake for 2k anyday then have my car look like ****.Ohh and those intakes will block my second heat exchanger.

when is this forum going to understand that you can make 30whp more with the same mods if you were to just drop the intake charge temp 30 deg.

take that 2k and put it towards the evosport top mounts.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
I dont know what the actual cost to make the intake is so i cant judge that and i believe he sold them cheaper on another forum.The new needs wings intake is $1000 and dosent look as good as this in my opinion. I do know the cost of making a fuel rail though

Thanks! I personally think my design looks better also. As for the Ebay price, its retail. Some items are cheap on ebay, but not quality items. They are selling shorty header, no name brand, for $1,895.00. And yes, these intakes are cheaper on another forum.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by skratch77
I would buy a carbon intake for 2k anyday then have my car look like ****.Ohh and those intakes will block my second heat exchanger.

when is this forum going to understand that you can make 30whp more with the same mods if you were to just drop the intake charge temp 30 deg.

take that 2k and put it towards the evosport top mounts.
How would they make your car look like *****? Ohh, and these intakes wont block your second heat exchanger. Honestly, I gave my CF Airbox and cover away for free.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180785942459...#ht_500wt_1413
Old 01-04-2012, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by HadiLaw
How would they make your car look like *****? Ohh, and these intakes wont block your second heat exchanger. Honestly, I gave my CF Airbox and cover away for free.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180785942459...#ht_500wt_1413
those won't. I was talking about the other ones and these ones will 100% loose power.

from my own testing when i was designing my plastic carbon intake once I took the python tubes off and data logged my intake temps sky rocketed from sucking in hot engine temp.

I will bet any amount of money you want that the intake in this ebay add will loose power.

take a heat gun and measure how hot the engine bay is and you will see.

Heck Im even installling a 1700cfm fan right on my blower to lower engine bay tems.

If anyone wants to sim this setup just go around and log your temps and then unplug the stock intake tubes that go to the front and see how fast your temps will rise.

sit in traffic for 3 min and the themps will skyrocket to 50-60 above ambient and it will take forever to lower them again.

Iv tried this setup and it is 100% going to raise your intake air temps
Old 01-04-2012, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Wow...I'm shocked to see what this thread turned into. This is a solid product and at the end of the day...it still is, regardless of the interpretation of certain words used to describe it.
I can attest that these injectors are not purchased through some random internet site. They were picked by TTM and a local injector shop as the best current offering. All injectors are flowed for volume and spray pattern prior to packaging. Again, several harnesses have been purchased to find the highest quality.

As for the price, yes they are expensive, but it is a finished product for those who have more money than time. I typically have neither...so I'm in a different boat all together...lol

Last, "creating" a product for yourself is one thing, but when you offering said product to others, it's a whole different league which comes with plenty of pitfalls. You are then married to that vehicle, for better or worse. Not everyone is mechanically inclined and there are quite a few situations which arise from install error.
"Customer Support" is the most valuable intangibles which you did not include in your price tag.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by skratch77
those won't. I was talking about the other ones and these ones will 100% loose power.

from my own testing when i was designing my plastic carbon intake once I took the python tubes off and data logged my intake temps sky rocketed from sucking in hot engine temp.

I will bet any amount of money you want that the intake in this ebay add will loose power.

take a heat gun and measure how hot the engine bay is and you will see.

Heck Im even installling a 1700cfm fan right on my blower to lower engine bay tems.

If anyone wants to sim this setup just go around and log your temps and then unplug the stock intake tubes that go to the front and see how fast your temps will rise.

sit in traffic for 3 min and the themps will skyrocket to 50-60 above ambient and it will take forever to lower them again.

Iv tried this setup and it is 100% going to raise your intake air temps
Yeah I have seen this same thing a million times with my Audi A4. The stock airbox that has a little snorkle up to the front grill to suck in air works better than the different intake systems that companies have made. There have been multiple ones put out that has some aluminum piping coming off to the side in the engine bay with a filter and a little "cage" around the filter made from abs plastic or aluminum trying to shield the hot air from the engine. Everyone who has had any of them always get higher intake air temps when they datalog with them so that short ram intake with filters laying right on top of the blazing hot engine can't be good. Will make the car sound cool with a whine though.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Yeah I have seen this same thing a million times with my Audi A4. The stock airbox that has a little snorkle up to the front grill to suck in air works better than the different intake systems that companies have made. There have been multiple ones put out that has some aluminum piping coming off to the side in the engine bay with a filter and a little "cage" around the filter made from abs plastic or aluminum trying to shield the hot air from the engine. Everyone who has had any of them always get higher intake air temps when they datalog with them so that short ram intake with filters laying right on top of the blazing hot engine can't be good. Will make the car sound cool with a whine though.
yup and just look where they are sitting,right above the headers where its the hottest point in the engine bay.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Quoting myself as my response was buried under non-related posts.

Originally Posted by lowprofile
Wow...I'm shocked to see what this thread turned into. This is a solid product and at the end of the day...it still is, regardless of the interpretation of certain words used to describe it.
I can attest that these injectors are not purchased through some random internet site. They were picked by TTM and a local injector shop as the best current offering. All injectors are flowed for volume and spray pattern prior to packaging. Again, several harnesses have been purchased to find the highest quality.

As for the price, yes they are expensive, but it is a finished product for those who have more money than time. I typically have neither...so I'm in a different boat all together...lol

Last, "creating" a product for yourself is one thing, but when you offering said product to others, it's a whole different league which comes with plenty of pitfalls. You are then married to that vehicle, for better or worse. Not everyone is mechanically inclined and there are quite a few situations which arise from install error.
"Customer Support" is the most valuable intangibles which you did not include in your price tag.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Wait, I thought this was an airbox thread???
Old 01-04-2012, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Im not calling him a cheat at all. I'm just saying that some of us believe the price isnt justified in OUR eyes. I understand most people dont have friends that build pro-mods and heads up drag cars. Bruce paved the path by doing it first yes and im not taking anything away from him at all because he did what most people were afraid of trying. The ONLY reason i even had my friend do the rail in the first place was because i was IGNORED by Bruce a few times when i asked to just by the rail so i could use my own injectors. We were going to modify the rail last year but i didnt see it as live or die situation with the small amount of mods i was doing at the time and already going to larger injectors. I was planning on letting Bruce do the head job and modify my 80mm housing for my 82mm throttle body on my car late this month/early February but i dont like being ignored when i was willing to over pay for something to begin with. Then after doing the rail and seeing what the actual cost was i was blown away. Ive always been one to keep quiet and get things done on my own but i also believe in right and wrong. Im not stopping anyone from paying for his kit nor am i saying his kit dosent work because it does. I think if the kit was priced better he would sell way more kits,get way more future customers and would make more money that way in the end, that's just my opinion. I also think its kind of odd that the one person missing from this post is Bruce himself
I hear ya - my response was being typed as I was out the door for work and I've been told on occasion that when I formulate responses on a clock - I have a tendency to be direct.

I personally love the fact when people do their own work (have nothing but the utmost respect for the Houston crew and all their endeavors). Have mad amounts of respect for you for coming up with your own solution (and driving skills on street tires at the track). My aim was simply to provide a counter argument. . .going dollars to dollars for the comparison is simple and effective. . .I was merely trying to point out that it's not as simple as dollars to dollars for material
Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Mb E55
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lowprofile

This is very True. Customer Support means EVERYTHING
Old 01-17-2012, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Alumar - did you get a response if this fuel rail mod/inj will work on our kleemann m113's?

Has jerry tuned a kleemann blown car with these injectors yet?

This is on my next round of mods list..... I'm at my stock inj limit and having to go back to stock blower pulley until I figure out my fuel issues.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by shardul
Happy to see that everybody can work in harmony together
Dam Straight!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
TTM fuel rail & injectors and custom intakes

The TTM fuel rail is a positive advancement for our engines , its not a coincidence that the SLR engine developed by AMG engineers has a bigger fuel rail and injectors than other 55 cars . So Bruce regardless of price has done us a great service , I wouldn'twant to put some home made experiment on my MOTOR .
Also those intakes look nice and mean but , hot air is hot air, the only one that would be good is the one sucking in cold air outside of engine bay ,, You can do this a lot cheaper through CF tubes with intake flaps cut out or Bruce scoops .
Badm ,, its simple internal combustion engine theory..
Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by badm
The TTM fuel rail is a positive advancement for our engines , its not a coincidence that the SLR engine developed by AMG engineers has a bigger fuel rail and injectors than other 55 cars . So Bruce regardless of price has done us a great service , I wouldn'twant to put some home made experiment on my MOTOR .
Also those intakes look nice and mean but , hot air is hot air, the only one that would be good is the one sucking in cold air outside of engine bay ,, You can do this a lot cheaper through CF tubes with intake flaps cut out or Bruce scoops .
Badm ,, its simple internal combustion engine theory..

Thank you for your insightful post. It is refreshing to see a true morally correct interpretation of what TTM developed and brought to the M113k owner.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 AM

2008 W211 E550, 2005 E55 Wagon, 1978 R107 450SL 5.0, 1966 R113 230SL
Originally Posted by shardul
you tuner will be able to answer those questions. The answer lies in his or her ability to scale the bigger injectors.
Shardul, sorry to revive but, "his or her" - how many female M113K tuners do you know?
Old 04-21-2013, 03:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
So, is it not sufficient to run "just" the injectors without looped rail?
Old 07-28-2013, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I asked Weistec if I should invest in this fuel loop and he told me it was unncessary since they can add fuel to any injector to compensate for uneven pressure. He also stated that the Weistec fuel will never suffer from uneven flow due to its high capacity and diameter.

The point is a 275% markup is ridiculous. Nobody is saying it dosent work because it does. 99% of high performance fuel rails are looped to equalize pressure and give consistent fueling. All were saying is don't rape everyone and give false information like the research on injectors and "closest thing to direct injection you can get". These injectors are like every other fuel injector they just have a wider spray pattern and 6 holes instead of 4. Direct injection is a whole nother animal completely. If people want to spend $1600 were not stopping them.