W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 Sound System Build Thread - Christmas Time!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
From someone who has gone through a big stereo build, I got to give kudos to your build...smooth and clean!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Armada
Originally Posted by abrim
Haha okay okay, is there another amp that you know of that will be better than the JL audio for the subs? Ideally I want something that can deliver 500w too each sub, at a reasonable price point.

Yeah it seems like I would be doing the subs a big injustice, I'm just trying to figure out a good pair of subs that doesn't break the bank!
Running those subs ib you don't need 500 watts each. Trust me on this. I would suggest that you use the 2200 for the subs 2200 for mid bass 4100 for tweets and midrange. Ditch the rears for now or get a bs amp to run them. Like a tru steel s45.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
I'm jealous that you're going to nocturnal. I went to the last one with Katie.

You going to dress up? [we did for the second day, and have found ourselves on a ton of youtube videos...Katie had a stuffed unicorn head on a stick to carry around that we doused in glowstick juice...]
Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Friday must sees:
Labyrinth: STS9, Bassnectar
Queen's Grounds: Tritonal, Avicii, A&B, DJ MOTHER****ING DAN, Gareth Emery [I saw DJ Dan at lizard lounge in undergrad and that MFer is so OG it's not funny]
Upside Down Room: Zed's Dead, Excision - go see the end of A&B after excision, Feed Me [for sure]
Sunken Garden: Meh. Maybe Gustavo Perez

Saturday:
Labyrinth: Crystal Castles, Ghostland*
Queens: Chris Lake maybe, I can't believe you're missing Aly and Fila [same time as Crystal Castles], and end your night with some chill Kaskade
Upside Down: Pendulum is doing a dj set...not sure?

Katie and I saw Rusko and there wasn't a nuttier part of that weekend than when he played Jahova.

Make sure you make a schedule of what you're gonna see when so you get the overlaps taken care of. I was babysitting my friends that weekend too so I had to be extra type-A
Old 04-29-2011, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by AMGfan
From someone who has gone through a big stereo build, I got to give kudos to your build...smooth and clean!
Thank you very much! That means a lot coming from you as I got quite a few ideas from your build! I will also be attempting to the headliner as well as yours after this is finished! I LOVE your french stitching on everything also!

Originally Posted by jayhawkblk
Running those subs ib you don't need 500 watts each. Trust me on this. I would suggest that you use the 2200 for the subs 2200 for mid bass 4100 for tweets and midrange. Ditch the rears for now or get a bs amp to run them. Like a tru steel s45.
That's true, I forgot IB requires like half the wattage. I just really want 2 seperate amps to control the subs individually, plus I like the symmetry of having 2 amps.

Yeah I think that is how I'm going to do it then, just use one 2200 for the subs, and a 600/4 I have lying around to power the rears.

Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
I'm jealous that you're going to nocturnal. I went to the last one with Katie.

You going to dress up? [we did for the second day, and have found ourselves on a ton of youtube videos...Katie had a stuffed unicorn head on a stick to carry around that we doused in glowstick juice...]
Yeah it should be a great time man! You're not far, you should come out!

Haha nah I'm not gonna dress up, I don't think I could pull off anything like that haha!! That's hilarious! I can so imagine Katie prancing around with that! I definitely would have filmed that too if I had seen it haha!!

Yeah the lineup is pretty awesome, I don't know if I'm gonna go saturday night though, as the only people I want to see are crystal castles (who I've never seen which makes me so angry) haha
Old 04-29-2011, 03:04 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Update - Getting really close now! This is the last update as I'm just about to leave for the weekend, so will have a full completed car on monday when I get it back!!

Opened up the Audison BitOne to display the internals, which we are going to illuminate also on the ground in front of all the exposed internal amps. should look absolutely awesome! Going to look like a technology geeks heaven inside my trunk haha!

Got the little CD changer thingy removed and turned it into a little secret cubby area, and it is remotely operated from the kenwood headunit using its built in relays which is pretty damn cool! I don't know how to upload a video or anything, but I filmed it and it looks awesome

And saw this beauty out last night in the valet of a bar we were at. Had to take a few pics. J (owner of ADV.1, good friend of mine) was telling me about this car a while back (they did a photoshoot of it) and I just happened to see it out last night! Wish I was able to see it in the daylight! Matte black with lime green calipers and a slick set of ADV.1s (can't wait til mine arrive). Sorry for the absolutely sh*t picture, stupid iphone!

Old 04-29-2011, 03:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 F15 M, '06 E55, '20 Highlander, '18 M550

I just really want 2 seperate amps to control the subs individually, plus I like the symmetry of having 2 amps.

Yeah I think that is how I'm going to do it then, just use one 2200 for the subs, and a 600/4 I have lying around to power the rears.
Symetry - sure. Otherwise way more work than it is worth. You would go through a tuning nightmare as well. Stick with the plan - the 2200 for the subs !
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 PM

2012 Armada
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
Symetry - sure. Otherwise way more work than it is worth. You would go through a tuning nightmare as well. Stick with the plan - the 2200 for the subs !
I concur. But I say dont put that JL in the car. Just dont hook up the rears for now. Until you can get another Billet.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Was up at the shop until LAAAATE last night trying to get it done, it's another few hours from being completely finished off, so I'm bringing it by on thursday (as I had to bring the car up to my paint guys today so they could get a sample from the car to start painting the e63 front bumper, but that's another story haha)

Here are some of the pics of the progress that have happened so far. I love the new look, think it looks a lot more clean, and I again have a lot of storage in the trunk again! Couldn't be happier!

Here are all the amps mounted up. The 500/1s will be just for display, even though he already attached the RCAs it's really simple to just unplug them and give them to the 2200 which will be residing in the spare wheel well. I just love the look of the back wall of exposed internals!

All of the RCAs coming out of the Audison BitOne going to the amps! It's definitely a lot of wires! Good looking wires though haha

The tech sitting in the wheel well, shows you how much room we really have in our trunks!

The wall of amps with the subs hanging down in front

The 2 (huge) Kinetik batteries in the trunk

The Audison BitOne opened up and with all the RCAs attached!

View from the rear of the beast!! You can see the JL Audio 600/4 that we will be powering the rear Esotec 242GTs with!

The mount for the Audison BitOne is made

The flooring at the rear of the trunk has been made to conceal all of the RCAs with a Plexi cover on top of the BitOne to display the internals just like the amps. Looks amazing all lit up! There is one more panel that will slap in the middle of the amps to conceal that piece of wood.

Then it was way too late to work any longer, so that is how the car sits for now! No subs at the moment (as haven't installed the last 2200 in the trunk), but still sounds phenomenal! I love the BitOne unit, it's a really cool tool to have, and the interface is great!

Final (hopefully) update on Thursday when this car is finished!!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Was up at the shop until LAAAATE last night trying to get it done, it's another few hours from being completely finished off, so I'm bringing it by on thursday (as I had to bring the car up to my paint guys today so they could get a sample from the car to start painting the e63 front bumper, but that's another story haha)

Here are some of the pics of the progress that have happened so far. I love the new look, think it looks a lot more clean, and I again have a lot of storage in the trunk again! Couldn't be happier!

Here are all the amps mounted up. The 500/1s will be just for display, even though he already attached the RCAs it's really simple to just unplug them and give them to the 2200 which will be residing in the spare wheel well. I just love the look of the back wall of exposed internals!

All of the RCAs coming out of the Audison BitOne going to the amps! It's definitely a lot of wires! Good looking wires though haha

The tech sitting in the wheel well, shows you how much room we really have in our trunks!

The wall of amps with the subs hanging down in front

The 2 (huge) Kinetik batteries in the trunk

The Audison BitOne opened up and with all the RCAs attached!

View from the rear of the beast!! You can see the JL Audio 600/4 that we will be powering the rear Esotec 242GTs with!

The mount for the Audison BitOne is made

The flooring at the rear of the trunk has been made to conceal all of the RCAs with a Plexi cover on top of the BitOne to display the internals just like the amps. Looks amazing all lit up! There is one more panel that will slap in the middle of the amps to conceal that piece of wood.

Then it was way too late to work any longer, so that is how the car sits for now! No subs at the moment (as haven't installed the last 2200 in the trunk), but still sounds phenomenal! I love the BitOne unit, it's a really cool tool to have, and the interface is great!

Final (hopefully) update on Thursday when this car is finished!!
Damn abrim that is absolutely disgustingly sick I will admit I know nothing about car audio and everything, but from doing some research and seeing the size of the project it is simply amazing, and the cost of such a system! Again, good job and I am officially jealous.

BTW, can you help me with my little set-up I want to do to get a little more bass in the car? PM me if you can, thanks.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 F15 M, '06 E55, '20 Highlander, '18 M550
Copycat ! hahahaha
Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 PM

2012 Armada
Copycat ! hahahaha

LOL Don you beat me to it. LOL

Andrew it is looking good though. Here are some progess pics for you.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Mother of god...
Old 05-03-2011, 07:11 PM

01 CLK 55 AMG
nice work, clean and simple. I likes
Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
That's filthy man.

LMK when you're rolling on your new wheels, can't wait to see how they look.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 AM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by mikey33
Damn abrim that is absolutely disgustingly sick I will admit I know nothing about car audio and everything, but from doing some research and seeing the size of the project it is simply amazing, and the cost of such a system! Again, good job and I am officially jealous.

BTW, can you help me with my little set-up I want to do to get a little more bass in the car? PM me if you can, thanks.
Thanks very much man! It's definitely been a lot of hard work and taken a long time, but once it's done it will all be worth it! Sounds great at the moment, when it's all tuned and 100% it's going to be incredible! Will send you a PM in a sec!!

Copycat ! hahahaha
Haha imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! I still can't thank you enough for getting them made with plexi! Absolutely beautiful pieces of work!

LOL Don you beat me to it. LOL

Andrew it is looking good though. Here are some progess pics for you.
Damn that's coming along well man!! I am jealous of the suede! i know I would manage to **** it up somehow though haha! I love your setup so much Marquies! We are going to do something similar with the AMG logo on the floor of mine. not removable like that with cool stuff underneath like yours, but there will be an AMG logo on the floor which I think should look good!

Doesn't look like you have much more to do to yours? Just finish up the look of the trunk? Any more pictures of the Super Billet 8s and how they are mounted? Love it!

Originally Posted by tgoss
Mother of god...
Hahaha it is quite bright! It looks like TRON in my trunk lol!

Originally Posted by howie
nice work, clean and simple. I likes
Thanks very much!

Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
That's filthy man.

LMK when you're rolling on your new wheels, can't wait to see how they look.
Appreciate it Michael! You need to hear it! You up in Dallas at all this summer or anything?

Yeah just waiting for them to be finished and sent down to me! Really looking forward to it!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:18 AM

2012 Armada
Andrew this is what the B8's are attached to. I am just waiting on more suede to finish the floor and it is done.

Tell Mikey33 when you pm him, that if he needs some help I am only a few hours from him and I can help him.

Last edited by jayhawkblk; 05-04-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Andrew this is what the B8's are attached to. I am just waiting on more suede to finish the floor and it is done.

Tell Mikey33 when you pm him, that if he needs some help I am only a few hours from him and I can help him.
That looks simply awesome man! I love it! Can't even imagine how heavy that is to move around haha! Did you have to weld it to keep it structurally solid? I bet when you show people your trunk their jaws drop!!

Will do man! I'll tell him to give you a shout if he needs any help or advice!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:08 PM

2012 Armada
That looks simply awesome man! I love it! Can't even imagine how heavy that is to move around haha! Did you have to weld it to keep it structurally solid? I bet when you show people your trunk their jaws drop!!

Will do man! I'll tell him to give you a shout if he needs any help or advice!
It is very heavy especially when you work alone. It is welded steel. With 6 bolts that are fixed the the back of the seat. You can pull the car with it.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
You guys are straight up f**king nuts!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 PM

2012 Armada
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
You guys are straight up f**king nuts!
Lol
Old 05-07-2011, 09:27 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Update - Made a lot more progress, only one panel left to complete on the car (the floor panel) and then it will be 100% completed!

This is the front trim panel for the audison bit one and all the wiring etc that is underneath the back of the trunk. It's an awesome panel completely contoured to the car and finishes out the rear of the trunk!

You can see the Audison BitOne logo that we removed from the casing and illuminated from the rear to give it a subtle but cool look to finish off the trunk!

Obviously the batteries will be covered up, and then the final panel will go over the floor to make it flat again, without losing virtually any trunk space!

And here is just some car **** for you! A friend of mine has a car shop out in LA and they just did a wrap on a LP640. They removed the doors so they could do everything properly. Chrome wrap FTW!! What do you guys think?

Really want to pick up an LP640 after seeing these pics! Haha maybe someday!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:34 AM

01 CLK 55 AMG
great work on the system, I'm impressed! Very clean, great use of space, great ideas with the open cases and LEDs and the illuminated logo. 2 thumbs and a big toe up
Old 05-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by howie
great work on the system, I'm impressed! Very clean, great use of space, great ideas with the open cases and LEDs and the illuminated logo. 2 thumbs and a big toe up
Thanks very much! I'm really happy with the way it is turning out! With that one last panel installed it should just tie everything together! Thanks again!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:56 PM

E320
So hows the build coming along? You manage to finish everything yet or no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 Sound System Build Thread - Christmas Time!!