Old 03-13-2011, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tbal
speaking of trolls...
So sad. Ok guy.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Nothing wrong with mustangs. I'd actually wager that there are more asshole benz owners than Mustang owners.

Come to think of it, I've seen more AMG-badged non-AMGs than SVT or GT badged V6 stangs. That's pretty WT to me. And I'm a gun toting Texan that has never owned a mustang lol.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Originally Posted by tbal
One of my fav. mustangs though, 03-04s were But in the end, its still a ford. Funny Old Rattling Dump.
I thought it was Found On Road Dead!! Lol

On vacation and still had to comment on this thread!

PNP Paribas Pro Tennis in Palm Springs. Hot 20 year olds in tennis skirts and drinks... Does it get any better?

Once you are over the million living dinosaurs still roaming the Earth, Palm Springs ain't that bad. Never seen so many old people in my life!!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
nooo, its fix or repair daily, and people badge non amgs as amgs because its more exotic then badging a v6 stang as an svt
Old 03-13-2011, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
I've never understood the prejudice towards a specific auto maker. It's kinda dumb, if you ask me.

I'd love to trade up my '94 for an 03-04 Cobra.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:15 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
Nothing wrong with mustangs. I'd actually wager that there are more asshole benz owners than Mustang owners.

Come to think of it, I've seen more AMG-badged non-AMGs than SVT or GT badged V6 stangs. That's pretty WT to me. And I'm a gun toting Texan that has never owned a mustang lol.
I know what you mean, but I honestly think it's more a respect issue. Mustangs are the worst at respecting you if they win or lose. I was pulling on an r8 (would have like to get some clean runs as there was too much traffic) and got up next to him, rolled down my window and gave him the thumbs up and told him his car was the sh*t (r8s are plain sexy, I really want one), and he rolled down his window and said "No dude, your car is the sh*t" with a huge thumbs up, and that was awesome, someone in a car 4 times as much as yours giving you respect for being a fast *** car.

Mustang drivers (read: most) won't ever show you any type of respect, they will either never shut up about it (very unsportsmanlike) if they win, or just make a billion excuses etc.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Some of the die hard mustang guys have NO CLUE what an AMG is, or what the blown 5.5's are capable of. Not all of them are like that though
Old 03-13-2011, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abrim
Mustang drivers (read: most) won't ever show you any type of respect, they will either never shut up about it (very unsportsmanlike) if they win, or just make a billion excuses etc.
I could replace "Mustang" in your quote with Camaro, Civic, Supra, TransAm, Porsche, etc as long as we're throwing out unfounded stereotypes.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:25 PM

06 CLS 55 AMG, 03 Toyota Camery (daily driver)
Mustang = High School
AMG = All Grown Up
Old 03-13-2011, 02:45 PM

c200k
Originally Posted by boschk
I'd buy a Mustang if I was a 23 year old, bleach blonde haired, chain smoking piece of white trash to cruise the boulevard in. If you put wings on a POS it very well might fly. Doesn't make it cool.
That sounds like many on this forum, actually.

Oh, and why do you people care? Let them talk. You take it so personal, like it's a injury to your being and manhood. They're just cars. Go to the photo forums. Same thing about their cameras. mountain bikes, same thing, electronic equipment, same thing. Enjoy your **** and come to the forums looking for info and helping others, not swinging ***** over stuff that means nothing when you realize there are more important things to worry about, like family.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
My E55 IS part of my 'family', so I stand up for it. If somebody called your mom/dad/brother etc. a worthless pile a steaming shi!t, you'd fight for them, right?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:49 PM

c200k
While we're talking about street racing, here's one with a Mercedes that happened in my town:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...55C0A9649C8B63

2 Teenagers Face Charges In Car Crash That Killed 2
By BRUCE LAMBERT
Published: June 15, 2002

GARDEN CITY, N.Y., June 14— The two teenage drivers whose side-by-side speeding cars crashed into a third vehicle Monday night and killed a young couple were arrested today on manslaughter charges.

Nassau County Police arrested Blake Slade, 19, of 206 Brookville Road in Muttontown, and Kyle Soukup, 17, of 5 Woodedge Lane in Brookville.

Mr. Slade was arraigned in First District Court in Hempstead. Mr. Soukup's arraignment was moved to Nassau University Medical Center, where he remained hospitalized with injuries from the crash.

The two victims, Jean Desir, 31, and Sophia Bretous, 23, both of Westbury, were engaged to be married. Last Friday they had mailed the invitations to their wedding, scheduled for August, and they were on the verge of getting a home in New Jersey.

The arrests were based in part on evidence gathered from witnesses who said they saw the crash or the events before it and described the teenagers as driving fast and recklessly, said the chief of the police homicide squad, Detective Lt. Dennis W. Farrell. He declined to say how many witnesses there were.

Mr. Soukup's lawyer, Stephen P. Scaring, has denied that the teenagers were drag racing. Lieutenant Farrell refrained from using that term, with its implication of a formal starting point and signal.

But Lieutenant Farrell said: ''These two men were driving their cars at excessive rates of speed and in a reckless manner, and it was evident to onlookers that they were intent on staying abreast of each other, if not exceeding each other, in speed and in distance.''

Mr. Slade was driving a 2002 Mercedes and Mr. Soukup was driving a 2000 Corvette.

They were headed north on Route 106 in Muttontown when they struck the southbound 1993 Jeep carrying Ms. Bretous and Mr. Desir as it tried to make a left turn onto Muttontown Road, the police said. Ms. Bretous was declared dead at the scene, and Mr. Desir was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Having been at the scene shortly after, I can't relay the horror and displaying what the couple's car looked like, cut in half, and their lifeless bodies, while the Mercedes owner was in self-preservation mode about how much trouble he was in.

Follow up:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...3380-3,00.html

Even their high dollar lawyers couldn't get them to lie their way through the trial:

In a Nassau County, N.Y., courtroom last year, almost everyone wept when Blake Slade and Kyle Soukup were sentenced to three years in prison. The youths cried as they apologized. The families of the betrothed who died in the Muttontown crash spoke of justice and forgiveness. Even the judge dabbed his eyes and choked up.

But the prosecution and the defense remain bitterly divided over the role of the black box. Slade's father Richard calls it "a violation of civil rights," while the assistant district attorney, Michael Walsh, praises it as "the strongest piece of evidence in the case." Neither had heard of EDRs before the crash, but today both agree on one point: motorists should be aware that their cars have recorders, and it's to be hoped that the knowledge will encourage them to drive safely. "Otherwise," Slade warns, "the black box can come back to haunt you"
Only self-preservation, not a concern for the victims, nor their families. To the point of lying. Sounds like classy mercedes-benz drivers, eh?

...and one last link:

Even on the Corvette forums, they took it classier than I see streetracing handled here:

http://www.c5forum.com/forum/ubbthre...te_id=1#import

Last edited by sknight; 03-13-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
My E55 IS part of my 'family', so I stand up for it. If somebody called your mom/dad/brother etc. a worthless pile a steaming shi!t, you'd fight for them, right?
amen!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No, I'd ignore them. Take two people with opppsite opinions on the internet, put them in a chatroom and have them try to convince the other that their view is right/better. You will never, ever have a happy ending.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:32 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by HeissRod
I could replace "Mustang" in your quote with Camaro, Civic, Supra, TransAm, Porsche, etc as long as we're throwing out unfounded stereotypes.
unfounded? I base that opinion on personal experience, I am a member of other forums and have personally dealt with this, and seen it happen to my friends. I admit f body owners / supra owners and GT-R owners can be pretty bad too, but mustang owners tend to be the worst. I have absolutely nothing against fords and they make a damn good car, the 5.0 is an amazing platform and they have nailed it. I honestly like fords and what they stand for, but there is a reason why most people have associated mustang owners with this behavior!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by HeissRod
No, I'd ignore them. Take two people with opppsite opinions on the internet, put them in a chatroom and have them try to convince the other that their view is right/better. You will never, ever have a happy ending.
It's sad that you wouldn't protect your own family from someone insulting them. I, for one, would protect my family if it meant going to prison for something I'd had done.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Anyways mustangs suck lol
Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
lol i actually just smoked one (mustang) coming out of mcdonalds, he had an a/m exhaust and his gf with him, But i WILL admit, it did sound mean until he floored it. well it still sounded mean but it got off like a turtle
Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
lol i actually just smoked one (mustang) coming out of mcdonalds, he had an a/m exhaust and his gf with him, But i WILL admit, it did sound mean until he floored it. well it still sounded mean but it got off like a turtle

Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Had to disclose some love for the neon as well:
Old 03-13-2011, 07:48 PM

c200k
This guy's E55 didn't save his life- was doing 210kmh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-GDaCGvRFc
Old 03-13-2011, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
yea i saw that video, but if hes doing 130 into a truck above the hood, its instant decapitation. the safest car on earth wont help when what you hit is above the front bumper and hood @ 130 mph
Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
It's sad that you wouldn't protect your own family from someone insulting them. I, for one, would protect my family if it meant going to prison for something I'd had done.
I agree, family is número UNO and my 55 is my baby girl
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Originally Posted by sknight
This guy's E55 didn't save his life- was doing 210kmh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-GDaCGvRFc
If it was a mustang he probably would have survived...
Old 03-13-2011, 09:47 PM

CL55
Lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mustang owners trash talk the cls55...