Mustang owners trash talk the cls55...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by abrim
unfounded? I base that opinion on personal experience, I am a member of other forums and have personally dealt with this, and seen it happen to my friends. I admit f body owners / supra owners and GT-R owners can be pretty bad too, but mustang owners tend to be the worst. I have absolutely nothing against fords and they make a damn good car, the 5.0 is an amazing platform and they have nailed it. I honestly like fords and what they stand for, but there is a reason why most people have associated mustang owners with this behavior!
Maybe unfounded wasn't the right word, but you're still basing your stereotype off of a minute cross-section of owners. I'm sure we all have encountered more *****s driving certain makes and models than others have, but I wouldn't ever say that the owners of one make or model are filled with more pinhead drivers than any other.

Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
It's sad that you wouldn't protect your own family from someone insulting them. I, for one, would protect my family if it meant going to prison for something I'd had done.
One is a human being. The other is a fine collection of man-made parts. There is a big difference. All I'm saying is that arguing with someone on the internet gains you nothing, so why try? Actually, I realize that I am now doing what I've said is stupid, so I'll quit now talking to you two now. Lol.

Last edited by HeissRod; 03-13-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by HeissRod
One is a human being. The other is a fine collection of man-made parts.
its more than a pile of parts, it has a very deep and great amount of sentimental value to not only me, but my family as well. If you knew the memories we all shared with this car, and how much it has helped us, whether it was getting somebody to the hospital quickly and safely, or getting us away from bad situations, you would extract that statement in a heart beat. your right, it may be a bunch of parts, but to us, its a member of our family.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200k
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
yea i saw that video, but if hes doing 130 into a truck above the hood, its instant decapitation. the safest car on earth wont help when what you hit is above the front bumper and hood @ 130 mph
And what about the previous story I posted, where the Mercedes driver was streetracing and killed a couple?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:16 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by sknight
And what about the previous story I posted, where the Mercedes driver was streetracing and killed a couple?
Nobody cares. People die in cars every day, every make, every model, every state. The same can be said about people that race on the street - just as likely to die in any other make as you are a Mercedes.

Quit posting trollbait and stick to the topic at hand.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:21 AM

E55 AMG, CL65 AMG, S8, S6, E30 M3, Z3MC
Originally Posted by tbal
So true... Last summer about 4 amgs, and a diesel benz went out to the track... people were laughing a giggling... But when we turned up 11-12sec numbers everyone was just like, damnnn for big cars those are fast!

We were one of the fastest bunch there out of the domestic/import classes... Even the SC mustang gt's were no match Gt500's were running close...Can't wait till this year, hopefully we all get some go fast mods

This is the best!!

Here in Indiana, it seems like every shmo that wants to drive fast, buys a Mustang, Vett or pick-up truck. When we show up at the drag stip with our cars, we are always getting the strange looks and comments from other drivers. Always getting a few of the guys that have something to prove with their modded Mustang and want to run down the track. Not even knowing what the AMG or M stand for on the trunk of my car, lol.

Needless to say, MOST of the time they get a little embarrassed, but normaly do respect that they lost, and are a good sport about it. Especially if they lost to the Girlfriend (witch normaly happens).
Old 03-14-2011, 09:27 AM

c200k
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
Nobody cares. People die in cars every day, every make, every model, every state. The same can be said about people that race on the street - just as likely to die in any other make as you are a Mercedes.

Quit posting trollbait and stick to the topic at hand.
I am- streetracing. We're free to post our feelings on it. Running and going crying to a mod or declaring "trollbait" is not the automatic step you take when you don't like something you read. When you don't like something you read, you move on. Unfortunately, forums have turned into places where users and staff censor opinions they don't share, rather than simply going for clear violations of rules. Simply put, don't like it, move on. It is on topic, from a Mercedes owner, addressing points you've permitted from those who are aligned with your own thinking. The moment you get a related post, but not aligned with you, you declare "TROLLBAIT!!!"
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
That sounds like many on this forum, actually.

Oh, and why do you people care? Let them talk. You take it so personal, like it's a injury to your being and manhood. They're just cars. Go to the photo forums. Same thing about their cameras. mountain bikes, same thing, electronic equipment, same thing. Enjoy your **** and come to the forums looking for info and helping others, not swinging ***** over stuff that means nothing when you realize there are more important things to worry about, like family.
One of the best posts in regards to this ever.

Originally Posted by HeissRod
No, I'd ignore them. Take two people with opppsite opinions on the internet, put them in a chatroom and have them try to convince the other that their view is right/better. You will never, ever have a happy ending.
Ignoring people is much more powerful than engaging in an idiotic discussion. From a distance, people cannot tell who is the idiot.

I am- streetracing. We're free to post our feelings on it. Running and going crying to a mod or declaring "trollbait" is not the automatic step you take when you don't like something you read. When you don't like something you read, you move on. Unfortunately, forums have turned into places where users and staff censor opinions they don't share, rather than simply going for clear violations of rules. Simply put, don't like it, move on. It is on topic, from a Mercedes owner, addressing points you've permitted from those who are aligned with your own thinking. The moment you get a related post, but not aligned with you, you declare "TROLLBAIT!!!"
You do have a point, and a damn good one. I don't care for douches, trolling, and the like, whether it is a Mustang owner, MB owner, or whatever. Like you earlier post, you said forums are meant for people to gain knowledge, help, or have some fun.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 AM

c200k
I mean seriously, the internet is not only the greatest advancement in the sharing of information in the history of society, but also a fantastic entertainment source. Why does everything have to be sanitized and censored? Just like radio and TV. People have a right to say things and I don't want someone making a choice of what I can and can't read and see and hear or be offended by. Counterpoints are what society has used since we became verbal in our communications to increase our own intelligence and progress. However, now, we have people who drag in censors, even when said post is within the guidelines of a private site (so as to not pull the point that this is a private site and free speech doesn't exist, which is true and I agree with), but I don't have the right to tell you or anyone else what to think simply because I don't agree with it. I can offer my point of view, and we can discuss it like human beings and in the process, even if we don't agree in the end, we've tried to understand each other, and taken lessons that we can use later in our lives, if not now. However, "TROLLBAIT" is the same nonsense like the parent's groups who boycott advertisers to shut down free speech on TV and radio.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
You can refer to my original post in this thread instead of posting jibberish and getting upset on the internet.

You're the only one that ran and cried to a mod. I certainly did not.

I don't street race and don't support it. I agree with you that it causes fatalities, thus, your stupid post DOES align with me. But what you posted has nothing to do with Mustangs. And you were simply trying to start a tangential conflagration which is why I chastised you for posting trollbait [to keep this thread from devolving into an argument over street racing].
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
You can refer to my original post in this thread instead of posting jibberish and getting upset on the internet.

I don't street race and don't support it. I agree with you that it causes fatalities, thus, your stupid post DOES align with me. But what you posted has nothing to do with Mustangs. And you were simply trying to start a tangential conflagration which is why I chastised you for posting trollbait [to keep this thread from devolving into an argument over street racing].
100% AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
I mean seriously, the internet is not only the greatest advancement in the sharing of information in the history of society, but also a fantastic entertainment source. Why does everything have to be sanitized and censored? Just like radio and TV. People have a right to say things and I don't want someone making a choice of what I can and can't read and see and hear or be offended by. Counterpoints are what society has used since we became verbal in our communications to increase our own intelligence and progress. However, now, we have people who drag in censors, even when said post is within the guidelines of a private site (so as to not pull the point that this is a private site and free speech doesn't exist, which is true and I agree with), but I don't have the right to tell you or anyone else what to think simply because I don't agree with it. I can offer my point of view, and we can discuss it like human beings and in the process, even if we don't agree in the end, we've tried to understand each other, and taken lessons that we can use later in our lives, if not now. However, "TROLLBAIT" is the same nonsense like the parent's groups who boycott advertisers to shut down free speech on TV and radio.

Tragedy happens every day, we know this.

How does it have to do with Mustang owners talking trash again?

You have a really screwed up sense of "entertainment" if stories of fatalities are what entertain you man...

Last edited by BenzoDoc; 03-14-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 AM

c200k

I don't cry to mods. You can be more than welcome to prove it.

However, you're still displaying that you simply don't agree with a related post, so you post your objection, and then can't engage in any sensible discussion over it. Yes, I have strong feelings against street racing and I understand the responsibility of driving an automobile at high speeds. I also show some level of objection to the attitudes expressed here of class and social status from the ownership and such comments as "white trash", when talking about the ownership of a different brand of vehicle. All are related to the topic and brought up by none other than people you are NOT objecting to. Not only did my article display two deaths I saw myself, but the behavior of the Mercedes owner and the family and how they were proven lying in one of the early cases of black box usage, courtesy of Mercedes. Additionally, the E55 video also shows the speedo needle stuck- Mercedes did that at the request of the Autobahn Police in Germany to aid in investigations here and a nice perk in the US, so beware. There's plenty of evidence against you when the worst case scenario happens.

As far as the tangent goes, the thread is on a naturally evolving course, so you can happily bail and come back when it agrees with you, using your own free choice, and join in. In the real world, topics evolve during discussions, but no one calls "TROLLBAIT!" during them. Not even on the news.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey with the prices of E55s in the toilet now, WHITE TRASH can drive them now too!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by emoving
Hey with the prices of E55s in the toilet now, WHITE TRASH can drive them now too!

lol, wow.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
I don't cry to mods. You can be more than welcome to prove it.

However, you're still displaying that you simply don't agree with a related post, so you post your objection, and then can't engage in any sensible discussion over it. Yes, I have strong feelings against street racing and I understand the responsibility of driving an automobile at high speeds. I also show some level of objection to the attitudes expressed here of class and social status from the ownership and such comments as "white trash", when talking about the ownership of a different brand of vehicle. All are related to the topic and brought up by none other than people you are NOT objecting to. Not only did my article display two deaths I saw myself, but the behavior of the Mercedes owner and the family and how they were proven lying in one of the early cases of black box usage, courtesy of Mercedes. Additionally, the E55 video also shows the speedo needle stuck- Mercedes did that at the request of the Autobahn Police in Germany to aid in investigations here and a nice perk in the US, so beware. There's plenty of evidence against you when the worst case scenario happens.

As far as the tangent goes, the thread is on a naturally evolving course, so you can happily bail and come back when it agrees with you, using your own free choice, and join in. In the real world, topics evolve during discussions, but no one calls "TROLLBAIT!" during them. Not even on the news.
Honestly you stayed pretty mature after being antagonized so I'll do the same.

Minus the fact that you repeatedly say that I don't agree with you, which is false. Check my original post again - I agree with your white trash comment as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Limen
lol, wow.
Truth hurts but every brand has its white trash and the AMGs are coming to a town near you!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:07 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Truth hurts but every brand has its white trash and the AMGs are coming to a town near you!
My father [who drives an all-stock E63] tells me that my Black Grille looks White Trash. [Would you say "Hoosier" in Ohio, or is that just synonymous with the term WT in Missouri?]
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM

c200k
Honestly you stayed pretty mature after being antagonized so I'll do the same.

Minus the fact that you repeatedly say that I don't agree with you, which is false. Check my original post again - I agree with your white trash comment as well.
I'm not talking about objections to that.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My father [who drives an all-stock E63] tells me that my Black Grille looks White Trash. [Would you say "Hoosier" in Ohio, or is that just synonymous with the term WT in Missouri?]
Either works.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by zach1745
Mustang = High School
AMG = All Grown Up
You are clueless dude, from that comment it looks like you should still be in high school

That is the type of comments I love to hear coming from luxury car owners when I am in my cobra. Makes the spanking so much sweeter

Take the new Coyote platform that has come out (5.0 GT), you show me an AMG car, that has a 5.0 in it, with a tune and headers can make 430rwhp and run mid 11's. Don't think too long because there is not one, nada, nothing.

Not all mustang owners act like that tool, and he is the reason why they have that stigma. Not all mustang owners are white trash either homey, that is another stereo type. Just because a couple douche's spoil it for alot of american muscle car owners, does not mean they are all like that.

Last edited by chawkins2001; 03-14-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
You are clueless dude, from that comment it looks like you should still be in high school

That is the type of comments I love to hear coming from luxury car owners when I am in my cobra. Makes the spanking so much sweeter
I was wondering when you were gonna jump in and defend the Pony!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I was wondering when you were gonna jump in and defend the Pony!
I love to hear such stupid comments from some folk on here Marcus, makes me realize how some people just buy a certain car because of the stigma. There are so many people in the Atl area that drive sports Benz's or Bimmers and have no idea what the car is capable of. They pull up next to you and think their S**T don't stink. Those are the best candidates

Last edited by chawkins2001; 03-14-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:39 AM

2008 E63AMGP30
Guys...I have owned both. I used to have a 96 Steeda Cobra. It was a decent car. On any car forum or bike forum you have the typical tards who do all kinds of smack talking about street racing encounters. I've come across idiots in every type of car. What I don't like are people on the street who act like jerks in traffic and then who get on the Internet and start smack talking about their supposed 90000 RWHP car.

I say to them....take it to the track then post some lap times. My neighbors Civic was running 10-second 1/4 mile times...so what? Who the heck cares about a 1/4 mile time? If that is your goal in life then just go get an old 5.0 slap a Paxton in it with some DRs and have a nice day. If your goal is to buy a $60K to $100K MB to go run 1/4 mile runs then...it's the same behavior. Most people on most forums have very little if any real driving ability or training other than smashing a gas pedal from a stop light. Anybody can do that or drive like a moron in traffic. Now goto a road course and post up some good lap times and that will get my respect. I used to race superbikes and dealt with the same thing. I spent a decent amount of time on East Coast tracks and know several of them very well. Formal driver training and track days are good for the soul. Not street racing BS.

Don't let other people get to you.

Last edited by Lycan; 03-14-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by chawkins2001

Take the new Coyote platform that has come out (5.0 GT), you show me an AMG car, that has a 5.0 in it, with a tune and headers can make 430rwhp and run mid 11's. Don't think too long because there is not one, nada, nothing.

Not all mustang owners act like that tool, and he is the reason why they have that stigma. Not all mustang owners are white trash either homey, that is another stereo type. Just because a couple douche's spoil it for alot of american muscle car owners, does not mean they are all like that.
Exactly. +1
Old 03-14-2011, 11:51 AM

What would "Hoosier" have to do with the term White Trash?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mustang owners trash talk the cls55...