Mustang owners trash talk the cls55...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amg
Originally Posted by jrcart
So based on the talk in this thread I can conclude the following...when I take delivery of my new 2012 Boss 302 I'm going to be Classy White Trash ?
Or even worse.....a Hoosier
Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
White Trash is a 1970 Chevelle dropped on a 1980 Blazer chassis with 37" mudders and a wood bumper mounted on it....I'm just sayin
Yes, that would definitely be straight up WT. I was just watching the infomercial about the new BOSS, looks pretty mean, but they went a little ricer with the styling IMHO.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by 118E63
Or even worse.....a Hoosier
I might have to get a mullet wig to wear when I'm driving the Boss and Raptor just so I can fit the stereotype
Old 03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by mskembo
Yes, that would definitely be straight up WT. I was just watching the infomercial about the new BOSS, looks pretty mean, but they went a little ricer with the styling IMHO.
Yeah, I'm really not crazy about the accent coloring they used on it.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Glad to see that there are Benz owners that don't all think the same.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by Lycan
Guys...I have owned both. I used to have a 96 Steeda Cobra. It was a decent car. On any car forum or bike forum you have the typical tards who do all kinds of smack talking about street racing encounters. I've come across idiots in every type of car. What I don't like are people on the street who act like jerks in traffic and then who get on the Internet and start smack talking about their supposed 90000 RWHP car.

I say to them....take it to the track then post some lap times. My neighbors Civic was running 10-second 1/4 mile times...so what? Who the heck cares about a 1/4 mile time? If that is your goal in life then just go get an old 5.0 slap a Paxton in it with some DRs and have a nice day. If your goal is to buy a $60K to $100K MB to go run 1/4 mile runs then...it's the same behavior. Most people on most forums have very little if any real driving ability or training other than smashing a gas pedal from a stop light. Anybody can do that or drive like a moron in traffic. Now goto a road course and post up some good lap times and that will get my respect. I used to race superbikes and dealt with the same thing. I spent a decent amount of time on East Coast tracks and know several of them very well. Formal driver training and track days are good for the soul. Not street racing BS.

Don't let other people get to you.
I do rally racing! Not professional, amateur time attack stuff, but that is the most fun you can have in a car. Nothing is more fun than jumping a car!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 AM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
So based on the talk in this thread I can conclude the following...when I take delivery of my new 2012 Boss 302 I'm going to be Classy White Trash ? Oh, one more thing, I already owns me a pick'em-up truck, it's one of them there 2011 Ford SVT Raptors. The neighbors must not know what to think with the Black Series, an ML550, a heavily modded Tahoe, Raptor, Harleys and ATV's in garage.

White Trash is a 1970 Chevelle dropped on a 1980 Blazer chassis with 37" mudders and a wood bumper mounted on it....I'm just sayin
Haha!! My friend (don't think he's on this forum, but might be) has a mullet, and has a TT Ford GT, S65 AMG, Bentley GTC, 3rd gen Camaro IROC, and has the license plate "Mullet" on the ford gt, "dirt jo" on the bentley, and some other funny ones on the others that I can't remember. He is the most laid back, chill person I know, and you would never assume what cars he had by just looking at him

And a side note, those new Raptors are plain sexy. If i were to ever get a truck, it would be one of them 100%!! Did you get 2d or 4d?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by abrim
Haha!! My friend (don't think he's on this forum, but might be) has a mullet, and has a TT Ford GT, S65 AMG, Bentley GTC, 3rd gen Camaro IROC, and has the license plate "Mullet" on the ford gt, "dirt jo" on the bentley, and some other funny ones on the others that I can't remember. He is the most laid back, chill person I know, and you would never assume what cars he had by just looking at him

And a side note, those new Raptors are plain sexy. If i were to ever get a truck, it would be one of them 100%!! Did you get 2d or 4d?
I've seen his FGT in videos from TX2K10
Old 03-15-2011, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series

I went with the all new for 2011 4 door Super Crew cab in silver. Just got new rims and tires 35x12.5x18 and stainless works headers and exhaust and a new intake getting mounted up as soon as the UPS guy delivers them. As soon as that stuff is installed heading for the dyno for a custom tune. The 6.2 L motor is a monster but I'm gonna unleash a few extra ponies, guys are botting on close to 100 extra hp on these things.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:16 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
I went with the all new for 2011 4 door Super Crew cab in silver. Just got new rims and tires 35x12.5x18 and stainless works headers and exhaust and a new intake getting mounted up as soon as the UPS guy delivers them. As soon as that stuff is installed heading for the dyno for a custom tune. The 6.2 L motor is a monster but I'm gonna unleash a few extra ponies, guys are botting on close to 100 extra hp on these things.
That's awesome man! Any pics? I love those trucks! Going to sound amazing too with the headers and exhaust! You doing a tune alone or a bully dog type thing with different maps adjustable on the fly?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Banned

amg

lol,I saw a few of those plates in pics from the last Texas event
IIRC,I could swear the Ford GT plate was "F ENZO"
Old 03-15-2011, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
My E55 IS part of my 'family', so I stand up for it. If somebody called your mom/dad/brother etc. a worthless pile a steaming shi!t, you'd fight for them, right?
It's sad that you wouldn't protect your own family from someone insulting them. I, for one, would protect my family if it meant going to prison for something I'd had done.
please for all that is holy tell me you are kidding.

you are absolutely PATHETIC if you put your stupid piece of metal on anywhere near the same level as a person, family or not.

Its a ****ing piece of tin...it has no feelings or emotions. It is only a machine.

Grow the **** up.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
its more than a pile of parts, it has a very deep and great amount of sentimental value to not only me, but my family as well. If you knew the memories we all shared with this car, and how much it has helped us, whether it was getting somebody to the hospital quickly and safely, or getting us away from bad situations, you would extract that statement in a heart beat. your right, it may be a bunch of parts, but to us, its a member of our family.
obviously you aren't kidding.

getting to the hospital safely or quickly? Um...any car can do that. Getting away from bad situations...again, so can any car.

Sentimental value is great, but it has absolutely nothing to do with feeling the need to defend something which does not need to be defended.

its a car, get over it.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
lol,I saw a few of those plates in pics from the last Texas event
IIRC,I could swear the Ford GT plate was "F ENZO"
That's Kumar's car. It's also a Ford "TT". Pretty sure they're both white with blue stripes.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
Yeah, I've seen a TT Ford GT and the those things are scary fast.

I'm still not giving Mustang owners a break. The douche/owner ratio in that crowd is just WAY too high. The worst are the ones that own a v6 stang and think it's a hot rod.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:03 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Im down with the NY mustang guys and i take my car to their track rentals , Besides the ocassional greasy haired fat chick eating pringles from the boondocks of upstate NY they are pretty much mad cool peeps
Old 03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
I might have to get a mullet wig to wear when I'm driving the Boss and Raptor just so I can fit the stereotype
ya all will fit right in with the mullet if you come on down to the white trash expo right here in Indinapolis. We is having that in place of the superbowl in January.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Wow,if that's not the snooty-est post in this thread yet I dunno what is
"common owners"..."limited education"..."limited income"..."common muscle cars"...what are you,the King Of All??
Someone reading this could easily interpret that as coming from the typical Mercedes owner.....
It is not snooty at all. What else would you call a car that they make approximately 100,000 of per year (I checked various sources that showed production numbers for Mustangs of between 90,000 and 211,000 per year depending on the model year) as opposed to a car like an E63 where they make maybe 400 per year. That is not snooty, that is factual information.

Also, like I have said MANY TIMES, yet some people seem to keep ignoring it....THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE!! But by definition, stereotypes exist FOR A REASON!! Is reality so hard for people to swallow?? Cars like Mustangs and Camaros are a typical car for a person on a budget who wants big power for little money in most cases. Look at the marketing campaigns. When was the last time you saw a Mustang or Camaro ad being targeted towards a high powered executive outside of his big house? It is just the way it is. Look around you, set aside your ego, and you will see that I am correct. If not....oh well.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Banned

amg
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
It is not snooty at all. What else would you call a car that they make approximately 100,000 of per year (I checked various sources that showed production numbers for Mustangs of between 90,000 and 211,000 per year depending on the model year) as opposed to a car like an E63 where they make maybe 400 per year. That is not snooty, that is factual information.

Also, like I have said MANY TIMES, yet some people seem to keep ignoring it....THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE!! But by definition, stereotypes exist FOR A REASON!! Is reality so hard for people to swallow?? Cars like Mustangs and Camaros are a typical car for a person on a budget who wants big power for little money in most cases. Look at the marketing campaigns. When was the last time you saw a Mustang or Camaro ad being targeted towards a high powered executive outside of his big house? It is just the way it is. Look around you, set aside your ego, and you will see that I am correct. If not....oh well.
No ego here,I wasnt the one putting owners of mustangs down..it all comes down as how you convey your point. The word "budget" sounds much better than some of the other descriptions you used. Whatever,if your comfortable with what you post then its all good right?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos

For a guy who talks about intelligence, you seem to be missing a lot of it.

You mention the E63 selling 400 per year, when in fact its 1353 in 2007 and 1063 in 2008. Then you say that they made about 200k mustangs per year.

Now, you realize I hope that the E63 is the amg performance variant of the E-class line. You are comparing the E63 with every mustang made, from V6 to cobra.

Now, the SVT Shelbys are produced at about 15k per year, compared to about 50k E-Classes per year in the US alone (211 production totalled 2.5 million).

Btw, that executive may not have a mustang out front, but if he's a car lover and a big collector, I bet you he has one in the collection. Mustangs are historically important vehicles.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:42 PM

2019 s560 sedan
i want me one of those Super Snakes !!!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

amg
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
i want me one of those Super Snakes !!!
Tony your just SOOOO white trash if you get that
Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by Oliverk
For a guy who talks about intelligence, you seem to be missing a lot of it.

You mention the E63 selling 400 per year, when in fact its 1353 in 2007 and 1063 in 2008. Then you say that they made about 200k mustangs per year.

Now, you realize I hope that the E63 is the amg performance variant of the E-class line. You are comparing the E63 with every mustang made, from V6 to cobra.

Now, the SVT Shelbys are produced at about 15k per year, compared to about 50k E-Classes per year in the US alone (211 production totalled 2.5 million).

Btw, that executive may not have a mustang out front, but if he's a car lover and a big collector, I bet you he has one in the collection. Mustangs are historically important vehicles.
Nevermind...you are obviously missing the idea here, so you must be missing a few spark plugs too. I never said I was the smartest guy in the room, but I can understand basic points (that seem to escape you). So let's use your exact number of 1,353 for the E63. Is that somehow HUGELY different than the Mustang production numbers of tens of thousands per year even if you just contain that to the GT line? I looked over 10 years of Mustang production numbers before posting my approximation too, and notated accordingly.

With regards to your other point....let me repeat again for those of you in the cheap seats....there are exceptions to every rule!! Sure, there are Mustang collectors that keep historically significant cars, but the Mustang as a whole is not marketed at that executive group for a specific reason.

It is clear to me that there are too many people that lack a basic grasp of the English language or the idea of 'exceptions to every rule'. Also, for the record, I actually do like the significant models like the Shelby GT350 and the Saleen line of Mustangs. But these cars are NOT marketed to the majority, nor can the majority of the market that muscle cars are marketed towards afford to spend $50k on a Mustang. If they were then you would see more even production numbers across the board. That is common sense, no matter if you like what I have to say or not. That is Marketing 101.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:08 PM

08 E63, 07 RS4, 04 GT3, 10 LR4, 02 Pajero
Nevermind...you are obviously missing the idea here, so you must be missing a few spark plugs too. I never said I was the smartest guy in the room, but I can understand basic points (that seem to escape you). So let's use your exact number of 1,353 for the E63. Is that somehow HUGELY different than the Mustang production numbers of tens of thousands per year even if you just contain that to the GT line? I looked over 10 years of Mustang production numbers before posting my approximation too, and notated accordingly.
JC, the point he's making (and writing clearly) is the E63 production numbers should be compared with only the Mustang Shelby GT500 numbers....everyone would agree. You're either deliberately skewing the point or incapable of understanding it.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nstar
JC, the point he's making (and writing clearly) is the E63 production numbers should be compared with only the Mustang Shelby GT500 numbers....everyone would agree. You're either deliberately skewing the point or incapable of understanding it.
Show me where he said Shelby GT500 is the only car the production numbers should be compared to. You said it was so clearly written, I just double checked and did not even see the word 'Shelby' anywhere in his post. Seriously....go look. It is not there. Is invisible your version of clear?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mustang owners trash talk the cls55...