emoving you selling?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by wsybert
I was admiring the eBay photos. I wish I could have seen it in person. That car looks fantastic! Maybe I'll get to see it at Timmayfest, if I make it.
Bill

Got the steering wheel on tonight before I headed out....took all of 10 minutes! Oh...and my brand new MB CLS $2600 factory exhaust!
Attached Thumbnails emoving you selling?-001.jpg   emoving you selling?-003.jpg  
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Love the wheel, tips look great too, Very shiny
Old 03-12-2011, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'20 GLE350, '21 F150 Raptor, '03 BMW M3, '22 KTM 890 ADV, '23 Triumph Trident 660
Originally Posted by emoving
Got the steering wheel on tonight before I headed out....took all of 10 minutes! Oh...and my brand new MB CLS $2600 factory exhaust!
Sorry... I laughed a little at that. Only b/c I knew what you had to go through to get it put on. Glad the sound is more to your (and your wifes I am guessing) liking.
My neighbor looked at me funny when I pulled out of the driveway... I stopped and he commented how nice it sounded. Not sure if he was genuine or just being nice the guy who's MB now sounds like a hot rod. (a very cool, european hot rod...)
I can say this... my gas mileage will now be even worse. I will not be able to keep my foot out of it, or the trans in any gear around town, higher than 3rd.
Bill

Edit: Wheel looks really good. I need to do something with mine.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Tell me you didnt pay $2600! Parts.com sells the mufflers at $700 a piece.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Call me crazy but I think the stock wheels on the cls are perfect.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
They are definantly a nice set of stock wheels. E55 stock wheels are fugly
Old 03-13-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
isn't there a specific CLS forum on this site?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whats your point there mikey
Old 03-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
Stock exhaust Vs Meisters

Looks great and with a diffuser they will look perfect. To many times people add diffusers and the tips get lost. These will look great.

I gotta say,with headers and the stock exhaust, the CLS sounds awsome! The meisters were just too much with the other work I had done. Now, it sounds like it should. Quiet at cruise and plain nasty at WOT.
Keep the car" It's a Bad Boy , stands out above the crowd , didn't u just get it a year ago , you've put a lot a time and money into it ,, You lose a lot right now selling it,,, The exhaust thing , I knew that and the expense and time with the change and remember its Benz not a Mustang,, when you get on it with stock mufflers it "TALKS" and Meisters make the CLS exhaust for Mercedes anyway . no real power gain just sound and too loud all the time ,, Badm
Old 03-13-2011, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by badm
Keep the car" It's a Bad Boy , stands out above the crowd , didn't u just get it a year ago , you've put a lot a time and money into it ,, You lose a lot right now selling it,,, The exhaust thing , I knew that and the expense and time with the change and remember its Benz not a Mustang,, when you get on it with stock mufflers it "TALKS" and Meisters make the CLS exhaust for Mercedes anyway . no real power gain just sound and too loud all the time ,, Badm
You are right, the CLS stock exhaust is good but with my headers it sounds perfect now. It was just too overboard with no resonators and the meisters. I thought Eisman made the AMG exhaust???
Old 03-13-2011, 12:39 PM

Renntech E63S
my point, subtle as it may be, is that this thread may be in the wrong area, as it seems to be a discussion about a CLS car. this site is clever in that they arrange the discussions by model of car so that people who are interested in say...the E class...don't have to sift through discussions on models that aren't the E class.

did this help, or should i further explain the complex inter-workings of the modern internet discussion board?

don't look now, but it's threads like this that discourage folks from using the search function. when searching for something simple, 500 useless/off-topic/personal banter threads come up making it way too time consuming to bother. that means the same questions get asked 200 times. it also means, when someone wants to search the archives on these fancy mufflers you have for their E class, they will be directed to this thread about those fancy mufflers on a CLS car- which would be useless.

by all means, have the discussion...just have it in the CLS area. i don't know, maybe?

Last edited by Traffic53; 03-13-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Traffic53
my point, subtle as it may be, is that this thread may be in the wrong area, as it seems to be a discussion about a CLS car. this site is clever in that they arrange the discussions by model of car so that people who are interested in say...the E class...don't have to sift through discussions on models that aren't the E class.

did this help, or should i further explain the complex inter-workings of the modern internet discussion board?

don't look now, but it's threads like this that discourage folks from using the search function. when searching for something simple, 500 useless/off-topic/personal banter threads come up making it way too time consuming to bother. that means the same questions get asked 200 times. it also means, when someone wants to search the archives on these fancy mufflers you have for their E class, they will be directed to this thread about those fancy mufflers on a CLS car- which would be useless.

by all means, have the discussion...just have it in the CLS area. i don't know, maybe?
Shows how much you really know. I sold my Mesiterschafts from my CLS to an E55 guy (wsybert) and they fit pretty close too perfect.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Renntech E63S
you know what dude...my bad. sorry i even attempted to bother. this was like trying to explain tax law to a beer.

the issue is that nobody thinks they're part of the problem. the problem- in this case- is low-quality, off-topic content. this isn't facebook. this isn't a chat room. it's not a mutual-admiration society of proud MB owners looking to congratulate each other on their financial good-fortune. it's supposed to be a database of info on common and not-so-common issues with specific models of MB cars. you've made 4000 comments. so either you're one of the smartest, most knowledgeable dudes here, or...

by the way: too, to and two all have totally different meanings and usages, and can't be interchanged.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you know what dude...my bad. sorry i even attempted to bother. this was like trying to explain tax law to a beer.

the issue is that nobody thinks they're part of the problem. the problem- in this case- is low-quality, off-topic content. this isn't facebook. this isn't a chat room. it's not a mutual-admiration society of proud MB owners looking to congratulate each other on their financial good-fortune. it's supposed to be a database of info on common and not-so-common issues with specific models of MB cars. you've made 4000 comments. so either you're one of the smartest, most knowledgeable dudes here, or...

by the way: too, to and two all have totally different meanings and usages, and can't be interchanged.
I didnt start the thread and now your an english major. Why dont you troll somewhere other then here if you are so unhappy. Oh and by the way, some of us here are friends.

Last edited by emoving; 03-13-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:21 PM

'20 GLE350, '21 F150 Raptor, '03 BMW M3, '22 KTM 890 ADV, '23 Triumph Trident 660

Hmmmm...and this helps the thread and searching how??
Old 03-13-2011, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG

SPEAKING of off topic!!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
To bring this back to the original topic, I'd say definitely sell the car. The CLS demographic Mercedes targeted was estrogenic. They succeeded in reaching their target market, and that hasn't really changed. Whenever I see a CLS drive by, it's always a lady driving it. The CLS is essentially a chick's car, at least here in the ATL.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by komp55
To bring this back to the original topic, I'd say definitely sell the car. The CLS demographic Mercedes targeted was estrogenic. They succeeded in reaching their target market, and that hasn't really changed. Whenever I see a CLS drive by, it's always a lady driving it. The CLS is essentially a chick's car, at least here in the ATL.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Good stuff, guys.

Play nice.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy

Since when did you become a mod?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by komp55

I only see guys in fur trench coats and broad rimmed hats driving the CLS. They always seem to be dropping scantilly clad women off at random intersections. I guess they figure they got tired of this one and they can go pick up another at another intersection.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:22 PM

Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by tbal
Since when did you become a mod?
you couldn't be more right. i'm not a moderator here. i'm a registered user, just like you and the others. also, in this case, i am absolutely contributing to the database of useless crap on mbworld. guilty, beyond doubt. the goal is well worth it, however. the goal is to clean it up a bit. anybody here ever do a search? if so, i don't need to articulate how inefficient this can be. it's up to all of us who use this resource to keep it tidy and accurate not only for our own usage, but for the next guy. this isn't personal. i have zero issues with the individual behind the "emoving" screen name. you could be the coolest guy on the block, or you could be the douche that some of your comments have suggested. either way, you have no more significance in my life than i have in yours. that's how the internet goes. this site is a tool and resource for those of us who have or are contemplating ownership of a specific car. it's not a social site. we have those already, and this ain't it.

look...before i had one of these cars, i had an older 993 911. the rennlist site was a tremendous wealth of information as those cars had many, many DIY projects that could be completed by owners. brilliant web forum. they were positively manic about keeping the content tidy and relevant. *****ing and moaning all the time about utilizing the search tool while moderators constantly moved or deleted or locked off-topic/inflammatory/stupid threads. this created a environment of quality, relevant information that was easily navigated and seldom useless. it also created a hilarious and super-active off-topic area. just like this thread. i'm not saying not to have the discussion, i'm only suggesting MOVING it to a more appropriate area...like facebook.

if you want to conclude that my comments here firmly qualify me as an *******, so be it. i accept that, and agree. if i read this outside the context of this website, i too would think that 'traffic53' is douchebag. that said, within the context of this site, my opinion is shared by many. there is way too much personal non-sense getting in the way of the technical data the rest of us are here for. emoving- case in point...your last post was several animated cartoon heads. no words, what-so-ever. you asked me, so let me ask you: what is your point?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Somebody summarize that lol
Old 03-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
Thanks Emoving

You are right, the CLS stock exhaust is good but with my headers it sounds perfect now. It was just too overboard with no resonators and the meisters. I thought Eisman made the AMG exhaust???
I just want to give u support ,, I've been into this MODD , performance car thing for a long time, you can't get caught up with any MODD is better than what u have .. And their right we should be on CLS forum... Also their to many confused people out here getting into modding their cars , we don't want help the confusion,,with MODDS .. were all "Brothers" trying to get to the same places with our "CARS" ,, Badm
Old 03-13-2011, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
look...before i had one of these cars, i had an older 993 911. the rennlist site was a tremendous wealth of information as those cars had many, many DIY projects that could be completed by owners. brilliant web forum. they were positively manic about keeping the content tidy and relevant. *****ing and moaning all the time about utilizing the search tool while moderators constantly moved or deleted or locked off-topic/inflammatory/stupid threads. this created a environment of quality, relevant information that was easily navigated and seldom useless. it also created a hilarious and super-active off-topic area. just like this thread. i'm not saying not to have the discussion, i'm only suggesting MOVING it to a more appropriate area...like facebook.
That's actually not the case on Rennlist. And both MBWorld and Rennlist are owned by the same company. Rennlist can get 'out of hand' quickly, too. There are numerous threads that went down the toilet. It was a bit "tidier" back when John owned it (he now has started Reutterwerk forums), but not so much anymore.

Many of the folks here know each other and so it does get more personal and intimate. Sometimes the threads and posts don't seem logical and aren't "proper" in respect to forum "rules" and protocol. But there's really nothing wrong with that. It doesn't affect searching (both RL and MBW have poor search functions anyway.) So just skip over it and go on to other threads if you don't approve of it. After all, car forums are also social forums and people get familiar with each other, so no big deal. It's like that on any car forum, RL included.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: emoving you selling?