Sponsored by:

Selling my E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Selling my E55

Figured there may be more interest in here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-2004-e55.html
Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM

E55 AMG
Good luck to any of you guys looking to sell. The economy must be bad, I can't give this car away.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Thats why I plan on keeping mine forever.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
That and the entire classifieds page is full of E55's for sale right now.

GLWS man
Old 04-13-2011, 08:58 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by andrew knight
Thats why I plan on keeping mine forever.
Yeah from what I'm seeing there may not be a choice in the matter.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 PM

S63 / CLS63
I think one of the biggest issues with the e55's selling are the lack of warranties available and/or the cost of the warranty
Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Turbo PM me your bottom price for this car. My bro is looking to buy and he's considering a flint gray one in TX with 72K miles for $20K....
Old 04-14-2011, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Only way to rid of these cars now days it to trade.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:19 AM

E55 AMG
I've gotten a few low offers, maybe that's all these cars are worth. I own my car free and clear and that's one of the reasons I want to unload it. Its steady depreciating so it's time for it to go. I can't keep losing money on it.
It's absurd to think that the parts on these cars are worth way more by themselves. Anyone looking for a sweet business opportunity ought to by E55's and tear them apart. I bet you could make $15k or more on each car.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Turbo 6
I've gotten a few low offers, maybe that's all these cars are worth. I own my car free and clear and that's one of the reasons I want to unload it. Its steady depreciating so it's time for it to go. I can't keep losing money on it.
It's absurd to think that the parts on these cars are worth way more by themselves. Anyone looking for a sweet business opportunity ought to by E55's and tear them apart. I bet you could make $15k or more on each car.
Agreed. I would just keep her man, if you really need to unload her then wait for the right opp.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
The E55 is the best deal for automotive enthusiasts. Jalopnik said so.

http://jalopnik.com/#!5782977/whats-your-favorite-depreciation-special-sports-car
Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Agreed. I would just keep her man, if you really need to unload her then wait for the right opp.
You may be right. I have no need to sell it. Just ready to try my hand at a Z06.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:28 AM

04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
You may be right. I have no need to sell it. Just ready to try my hand at a Z06.
I hope you don't mind a plastic interior.

JK, I wouldn't mind owning a Z06 AND an E55.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I think your problem is no bells and whistles and when someone is typically purchasing a car like this, they want bells and whistles. I am in the market for an E55 and did look at yours, but the one I choose when I find it will have keyless go, dynamic ventilated seats, Navigation and I personally am 50/50 on having a pano roof. I like the color because I own a Dolphin Grey Audi but not having those options is a deal breaker for me personally.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 PM

E55 AMG
I understand, but I don't think that's the problem. Keyless go is prone to failure, pano's creak, vented seats are more of a novelty from what I'm told. Garmin navigation is more current than MB.
The market sucks for these cars. That's the issue. It will probably never get any better because these cars are perceived as unreliable and they're expensive to repair.
A warranty would help my car sell, but the car is modded.
What gets me is people will go buy a higher milage car with a warranty, get bored with it then mod the crap out of it. Could just buy mine save all the trouble. If I sell it great, if not great.
I promise one thing.. If someone buys my car, they're getting the best deal out there.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by taurran
I hope you don't mind a plastic interior.

JK, I wouldn't mind owning a Z06 AND an E55.
I just came from a SCed Z06. Fun car, but after thinking about how little I used the car at full potential, it was time to move on. The E55 has most of the Z06 power, but far more comfort and utility that I can use on a daily basis.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I understand, but I don't think that's the problem. Keyless go is prone to failure, pano's creak, vented seats are more of a novelty from what I'm told. Garmin navigation is more current than MB.
The market sucks for these cars. That's the issue. It will probably never get any better because these cars are perceived as unreliable and they're expensive to repair.
A warranty would help my car sell, but the car is modded.
What gets me is people will go buy a higher milage car with a warranty, get bored with it then mod the crap out of it. Could just buy mine save all the trouble. If I sell it great, if not great.
I promise one thing.. If someone buys my car, they're getting the best deal out there.
I understand stuff breaks but still, those are just things that make the car different from the next that is why I say I feel it is important to have the "extras."

As for repair, honestly I don't think they are that bad unless you don't know how to look around for parts online where you will save a lot and work on the car yourself to also save a lot. I personally am very mechanically inclined so I guess I am fortunate in that regard that it doesn't scare me to have to fix something. I am torn if I want a modded or stock one myself, I know without a doubt in my mind I will mod it at some point so I am trying to decide if I save the "trouble" and possibly a little cash and get one with stuff done already (unless they are trying to get all their mod money back which isn't realistic) or get a stock one and make it my own but if I find one with what I want I wouldn't think twice of buying it all done up with or without a warranty.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:31 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I understand stuff breaks but still, those are just things that make the car different from the next that is why I say I feel it is important to have the "extras."

As for repair, honestly I don't think they are that bad unless you don't know how to look around for parts online where you will save a lot and work on the car yourself to also save a lot. I personally am very mechanically inclined so I guess I am fortunate in that regard that it doesn't scare me to have to fix something. I am torn if I want a modded or stock one myself, I know without a doubt in my mind I will mod it at some point so I am trying to decide if I save the "trouble" and possibly a little cash and get one with stuff done already (unless they are trying to get all their mod money back which isn't realistic) or get a stock one and make it my own but if I find one with what I want I wouldn't think twice of buying it all done up with or without a warranty.
I totally agree with you. You have the same philosophy as me.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:06 PM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Hey Turbo6, I made an offer on your car a few days ago. Personally I think your car with few options is a plus. The AMG I had with bells and whistles were just extra stuff that broke, not could break, but actually broke. My keyless go was so frustrating with hundreds of dollars of parts and constantly installing batteries in the remotes hoping to get it to work better. As far as mods go, your car has the right pieces that everyone thinks they will do one day but I would bet they never get around to doing them.
I agree with you, the market for the car is soft because of reliability and expense to repair. I almost bought a 2004 with 82k at Manheim 3 weeks ago. I could have bought it at $18,000 but it's such a crap shoot with Auction cars that have higher miles and no warranty. Private party is the way to go in my opinion Your car should get snapped up by the right buyer. What year Zo6 are you looking for? Would you have an interest in my 84 T type clone?
GLWS