Climate control question......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
Climate control question......

Think I have a problem with the a/c, heater,
Been trying to get the air to come out the lower vents only and it will only do that with it in the ac mode is that right ?

I have turned the knobs pointed down on each side of the climate control where the arrow points down as you can see by the yellow arrows.
Still the air still comes out the middle vents like the a/c does normally and wondering now if there is a problem with the unit.

Pic below of how I had it set to,

Any Ideas folks before I take it to the stealership for warranty repair I assume.
Thanks

Last edited by choppo; 04-02-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
might be the flaps not changing or routing the air to the others
Old 04-02-2011, 09:41 PM

2010 C63
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
might be the flaps not changing or routing the air to the others
Yeah thats what I was thinking that the mechanism was not moving the flaps or a relay/actuater was not working properly.

Just wanted to make sure that it was suppose to work without it being in the a/c mode because they work when the ac is lit up and switched on,

Strange and just got it out of the shop friday for them replaceing front ball joints and now have to go back ARGH.

Thanks for the input to 03'55AMG
Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I had a similar problem, but instead of it not routing air, it would just sound like a gun shot under the dash, still happens but im out of warranty so i just warn my passangers before they think the cars dying... lol
Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 AM

Im not sure about Mercedes but many cars will not let all the air to be directed to one place. The unit will still allow some air out of the center vents but send most air to the selected option.

I highly doubt the unit is malfunctioning if it directs a majority of the air based on the command
Old 04-03-2011, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by pbsis
Im not sure about Mercedes but many cars will not let all the air to be directed to one place. The unit will still allow some air out of the center vents but send most air to the selected option.

I highly doubt the unit is malfunctioning if it directs a majority of the air based on the command
True, most don't direct it all at once so it heats up the car faster but more specifically at one area, but if theres no difference what so ever, thats a problem.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:19 AM

2010 C63
Thanks for all the replys and help.
I'll take it to the stealership and see what they say as well considering it has to go in for other reasons like the passenger "AMG" door still has broke and there fixing it under warranty.
Will let you guys know the verdict later on the climate control once I get it back.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 PM

2010 C63
Mercedes service writer called me and said they fixed the problem it was a software update ( climate control flaps not closing correctly ) and could pick it up tomorrow.
When I took it in he said that the air should go wherever the dial arrow said but the tech would have to check it out.
They also noticed the passenger door plate that said "AMG" was broke and they were replacing it plus the faded parktronic assmembly peice on the dash to.
I had noticed that the parktronic led peice was faded due to heat I assume but they noticed and said its covered under warranty with the door peice.

Sometimes they amaze me.