Sponsored by:

Leather cleaning/conditioning in 2005 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG 2002 E55, 1997 E320
Originally Posted by Luke_M
Leatherique is amazing stuff. I love putting it on my leather. More work then most leather cleaner/conditioners and it takes 24-48 hours making it impractical for detailers but the results are amazing. I've used it on my shifter which was stiff like construction paper and after 2-3 treatments it's like new. Amazing. I've used zaino, lexol and some meguiars stuff. No comparision whatsoever.

Best part is how it brings back the softness and suppleness of old leather. It pushes out the old dirt which is nice for cleaning but the softness it leaves behind is ridiculous. Just had great experiences with leatherique. Any car I get with leather gets a few leatherique treatments as soon as the weather warms up.

Never tried leather master so I can't comment on that but from what I read it's good as well.
Does it leave the leather with shine or dull finish?
Old 04-16-2011, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garage Temporarily Empty
This is a package I have been using on my 2005 S600, which has leather everywhere. It has worked wonderfully in cleaning and conditioning all leather in the vehicle. I have been pretty impressed with the results.

http://detailersdomain.com/carcarepr...arCareKit.html

Here is a couple of photos of my interior and dash so see how clean they come out when using LeatherMaster products.... https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...y-forever.html
Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, Supercharged Z4 (sold)
Originally Posted by tsquare
Does it leave the leather with shine or dull finish?
I leaves it with a matte finish and just looks very clean. Hard to describe but it's more then a wet cloth or a basic cleaner/conditioner can do. It truly does seem to clean out the pores.

Like I said, my favorite part is that the leather is noticeably softer, even weeks later so I'm sure it's not a temporary effect. It feels more like a new car which I like and have not noticed with zaino (which smells great at least) or meguiars, lexol etc. In fact after using lexol and leatherique I don't even consider lexol a leather cleaner/conditioner. Not compared to leatherique at least. With that stuff you put it on and nothing much changes. Leatherique is very noticeable.

Keep in mind I've never used leather masters and that may be just as good or even better. I don't know.

I would recommend a few coatings to get the best results. Wait a week or two before reapplying. Also, I got better results when it was real hot out and covering the seats with a large garbage bag improved the results as well. Easiest way to apply is with a spray bottle and a glove. Spray, wipe it around then shut the door and let her bake. The garbage bags over the seat trick can let you drive the car if you need to. Also works really well on the shifter and steering wheel. In fact I'm going out right now to put it on both. Because they're small it's little effort

Only two small downsides that I have noticed. I have seen a bit of white gunk on the leather after cleaning and everyting, mostly just on the door panel, never on the seats. I'm not sure what that is but I'm not discouraged. Might even be a good thing.

The other is that I swear sometimes I notice more small cracks then it had before. I suspect that it may just be the dirt being lifted to reveal the small stress marks. At the same time I've seen it relieve stress marks like the kind you see around the seat bolsters especially around the drivers seat. I hate those things and take a lot of care not to rub on the seat during ingress/egress. I believe that mine have less because of this and because of leatherique. In fact I'm pretty sure our own jakpro1 has a thread on here showing good results.

Last edited by Luke_M; 04-16-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
The Cheapo Zymol works fine, and I have alcantera cleaner for the a pillars and roof..I use Sonax on the carpets..