w211 picture angles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
w211 picture angles

Have you guys noticed the W211 looks different at times. What I mean is some people's pics make the wheels look tiny, some the front look skinny, some the back look bulging. I'm talking about stock cars with stock photos. Not trying to say every car is different that's absurd but the E55 is really UN-photogenic, the W212 E63 looks the same all the time. The W211 is kind of like the 02-07 subaru sti's, for some reason they looked odd from certain angles where as the evos look the same in every picture. Also some picture make the W211 look really long but I go out and look at my car and it looks fine. WEIRD!!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw 550i
that's funny that i was think the same thing about my c207, e-coupe. not sure why, but in pictures it looks very short and condensed in front and front angled shots. but when you look at pictures of it on the side, it looks longer, which it actually is. not sure if it's the design as the front is wider than the rear. so maybe some sort of optical illusion of sorts. i guess pictures don't really do some of these cars justice, which i can totally understand with the e-coupe at least.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E55 AMG (2006), Mercedes 560 SEL (1991)
Originally Posted by e500slr
Have you guys noticed the W211 looks different at times. What I mean is some people's pics make the wheels look tiny, some the front look skinny, some the back look bulging. I'm talking about stock cars with stock photos. Not trying to say every car is different that's absurd but the E55 is really UN-photogenic, the W212 E63 looks the same all the time. The W211 is kind of like the 02-07 subaru sti's, for some reason they looked odd from certain angles where as the evos look the same in every picture. Also some picture make the W211 look really long but I go out and look at my car and it looks fine. WEIRD!!
There are several reasons for this. First, the front view of the AMG looks more butch than the basic w211 so a comparison of the two will make the latter look a bit effete. Second, if the car is raised when the picture is taken the wheels look smaller because of the extra space between the fender and the tyre. Third, if the photographer uses a wide angle lens the car will appear longer unlike the telephoto lens which will shorten perspective and make it look shorter. That said, beauty remains in the eye of the beholder...
Brgds