Sponsored by:

my experience with several companies.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Speedriven
Exactly the right thing to do - I'm sure Jerry will agree that 90% of the time when there is a problem, we all try to make it right as much as possible. Any time you ship overseas it is a hassle, and I have lost business by refusing to lower prices and costs on invoices for customs reasons, but then this happens (where an item gets lost) and that's the downside - on the customer end - of manipulating invoices. You can't have your cake and eat it, too, you know?
Thanks for sharing insight as to international complications. With customer service as your [and Jerry's] business, though, I'd say 100% of the time you guys try and make it right. Sometimes circumstances prevent good outcomes though.

As far as the appropriateness of *just* "sharing his experiences"...that would be the case if he hadn't left out details to skew the reaction. So I don't agree that it's the right thing to do. If he had told us the truth from the beginning, I wouldn't have had an issue. There's even a buyer/seller feedback forum. https://mbworld.org/forums/buyer-sel...back-forum-95/
Old 04-12-2011, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
what do you mean by telling the truth from the begining !!!!

i didn't ask for manuplating invoices to reduce costum prices as for us UAE citizens there is no tax. so why would i even ask for this !!!

as i mentioned before. i have e-mails and i can printscreen them if someone wants proof.

but i am not here to bash Eurocharged or ruin theor bussiness or i would have posted them from the begining. i am sharing what i experinced from several vendors and thats all what i am saying.

if you like a resturant that doesn't mean everyone should like it. if you like a Mercedes car, that doesn't mean everyone likes it.

it is just sharing and not bashing. i have no will to bash them. i have several products from their company and they are working fine. LT, TB, Pulley.

please try to understand my point of view.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
what do you mean by telling the truth from the begining !!!!

i didn't ask for manuplating invoices to reduce costum prices as for us UAE citizens there is no tax. so why would i even ask for this !!!

as i mentioned before. i have e-mails and i can printscreen them if someone wants proof.

but i am not here to bash Eurocharged or ruin theor bussiness or i would have posted them from the begining. i am sharing what i experinced from several vendors and thats all what i am saying.

if you like a resturant that doesn't mean everyone should like it. if you like a Mercedes car, that doesn't mean everyone likes it.

it is just sharing and not bashing. i have no will to bash them. i have several products from their company and they are working fine. LT, TB, Pulley.

please try to understand my point of view.
Fair enough I guess.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by Zax63
I was unaware that EC were Costumers. Maybe that was the problem after all. You should go to haberdasher.
wtf? Go dig all my posts where I made english mistake. This is internatiaonal message board of German car manufacturer, not some redneck Ford Mustang board
Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shardul
Ali_e55 lol

i wish i have saved the emails about all the methanol ijnection kit questions you had, you seemed like a noob who didnot know what he was doing.

well methanol is still a first for me, and i am not willing to do any wrong job on my car.

however, there are several ways to cool the car without methanol. and believe it or not. my IATs temps from 0 to 320km reaches 78C @ 320km and falls slowly on that speed to 70C. without meth or NOS to cool.

PS: don't forget the muffler setup

and thanks for your comment
Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
well methanol is still a first for me, and i am not willing to do any wrong job on my car.

however, there are several ways to cool the car without methanol. and believe it or not. my IATs temps from 0 to 320km reaches 78C @ 320km and falls slowly on that speed to 70C. without meth or NOS to cool.

yes thanks for sending the videos but i went a different route.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic

Regardless of how this thread started and whether I agree with what you are saying, I am thoroughly impressed with your ability to take criticism without freaking out.

Good show and a good example to others on this forum.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec

maybe if i was in US i would have been treated diffrently and they cared more.
As a hobby I used to sell/send collector hifi equipment all over the world, much of it rare fragile antique valve/tube equipment of considerable value. It is a bear to get things abroad properly with customs, US regs, the list goes on, so many hands involved - in one way or another.

I dealt only with one packing place. No-one else could do the job they did and they charged for it.

One time I had an international shipping vendor collect a set of speakers and did not leave a receipt with my packing vendor. They "disappeared" - I had to eat that one but I dumped the shipper, and so did the packer. Unfortunately these were rare speakers and could not be replaced. The client was miffed but understanding, and I was luckily able to provide them with their alternative choice.

My bottom line was I charged a fair price for a premium product. A Marantz tube amp is worth many times in Asia what it is in the Americas. Premium Italian shoes on the Via Venetto cost a fraction of what they do on 5th Ave. A custom fabrication, one off or the first of a production series, shoes or headers, is more expensive than a stock item, as a rule. It sometimes takes 5 years to get a custom London shotgun by the best makers.

I dealt with all customers with respect, and I'm sure EC does the same no matter where they reside. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. The people of Abu Dhabi are our great friends.

Last edited by grane; 04-13-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shardul
yes thanks for sending the videos but i went a different route.

you welcome buddy. anytime.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
Regardless of how this thread started and whether I agree with what you are saying, I am thoroughly impressed with your ability to take criticism without freaking out.

Good show and a good example to others on this forum.
Exactly. It was his personal experience and wanted to share it. Several inquiries i had w/EC, they were quick in their response time and very informative, even shipping 2 items together instead of separately. However, end of the day I decided to go elsewhere.

But sending two sides of the same part and not following up on the other sides, i would be pissed.

I had a bad experience with D2autosport on here for a set of rims. Yes they werent that expensive, but a 2wk delivery ended up being close to 8wks. It shouldnt matter if i spent a $1000 or $7000 on rims, i should have been given the same customer service as if i spent $7k. What did i do? i contacted my CC and put a dispute on the charge. Finally i got the rims and cancelled the dispute w/my cc.