Ipod/iphone through oem integration cable help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Ipod/iphone through oem integration cable help needed

I hate to do this, but I just looked through about 10 threads when doing a search for "ipod" but can't seem to find something I may be doing wrong.

I have an oem ipod connection in the glove box but have never used it, just always have satelite radio on. I decided to plug it in to my iphone (don't have an ipod) and it said the device wasn't optimized which I wasn't worried about since it should still work, just may experience some sound quality loss or whatever the screen said. I also tried a friends ipod and had no luck either. Anyway, I hit audio on the Nav and plug in the iphone and hit Aux, then scroll through the center display until I see ipod. I can then use the wheel and flip through songs or genre or playlist using the arrows and phone buttons on the wheel. I just don't know how to make it start playing a song.

Is there something wrong and it should start when I hit the top phone button on the wheel to select the playlist and then the song I wanted to play or do I need to do something else? I tried a few times hitting different buttons but cant figure it out.

Thank for any help.

Last edited by urbamworm; 05-09-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
It should start right away. Something may not be programmed or set up correctly in the car. You can also add the AnyStream bluetooth dongle so you don't have to plug in at all.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well shoot, that sucks then, how the heck am I supposed to find out what could be wrong?!!

I have the UHI connection in the center console for the bluetooth puck for the phone, can that be used for music as well connecting to my iphone?

I find it odd that the car has the connection cable installed for ipod but it wouldn't work due to some kind of programming not done. I gotta figure this out so I can get an ipod and start using that for music as well as opposed to using the Satelite radio all the time, especially since it likes to cut out a lot at times.

Last edited by urbamworm; 05-09-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
You need to take it to the dealer and make sure that the STAR DAS computer has everything set up for the iPod function. We have seen a few installed, and the car does not fully know it is even installed.
The bluetooth puck can not be used for music at all. It would take the AnyStream attached to your ipod cable in the car to stream music wirelessly.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Checked out your site, got some cool stuff on there, I like that charger attachment for the cable too since it doesn't charge but only plays music with the cable. I see you are located in ATL, I was just in Atlanta a week ago too, but way down in the Florida Keys now. I guess I will have to talk to the dealer once I get back home to Jacksonville and see if I can get this cable working and will most likely pick up one of those charging attachments from you for sure.