Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Godzilla is coming...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Fleebee
still would take your E...
Just wait until the build is done brother...we have some epic plans for Godzilla.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S211 AMG
I don't doubt it. You're always leading the way..
Old 05-18-2011, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Absolutely gorgeous brotha! Can't wait wait to see what you have in store for her
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Beautiful car!! I work for Nissan, and I have a great deal of visibility on GT-R service parts coming from NML (Nissan Main Land, aka Japan).

You'll love your 2012 model. It's without a doubt, the best yet.

If you ever need any info on parts availability/pricing/interchangeability, let me know. I have good contacts at Nismo as well.

Enjoy it in good health,

--John
Old 05-18-2011, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Beautiful car!! I work for Nissan, and I have a great deal of visibility on GT-R service parts coming from NML (Nissan Main Land, aka Japan).

You'll love your 2012 model. It's without a doubt, the best yet.

If you ever need any info on parts availability/pricing/interchangeability, let me know. I have good contacts at Nismo as well.

Enjoy it in good health,

--John
John...thanks for that...I will definitely keep you in mind. My brain is swirling with all the little AND big mods I want to do. I've got a sit down this Friday with the tuner house owner and upholsterer...then off to my stero guy.

Jon
Old 05-19-2011, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Welcome to the club sir, I went to the dark side a few months ago as well. All I can say is WOW.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Have you thought about any of the Switzer kits?
Old 05-20-2011, 05:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Have you thought about any of the Switzer kits?
Brother...great minds think alike...the tuner house owner (Chris @ C2Design - Tampa, Fl) mentioned them to me the other day...while at the same time I was PM'ing the owner.

Neil Switzer PM'd me back that the 2012 ECU code is still being worked on...which works for me. Meanwhile, I can get seat time in the GT-R in stock form...I'd like to have something to compare...fast vs scary fast.

They have the introductory package for 5k and then they have the 1k monster package...at this point the intro package would work for me...
Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Congratulations on your awesome ride!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,071 Likes on 859 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by AMGfan
They have the introductory package for 5k and then they have the 1k monster package...at this point the intro package would work for me...
The 1K moster package sounds like the best value.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
Nice! I saw a black 2012 in Brandon yesterday and thought of this, but I guess you went with the Red, which is my other favorite color on a GTR. I live in Riverview, maybe I'll see you around sometime.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
Also... on the R35, you've got to go with 21" wheels to get that sick aftermarket look. I've seen numerous 20" wheel setups, and none of them look right considering that's what comes on the car from the factory.

The best looking wheels I've seen are the 21" COR Precise and Cypher. (Precise are my favorite)

http://www.corwheels.com/wordpress/w...-wheels-48.jpg
http://www.corwheels.com/wordpress/w...-wheels-36.jpg
http://www.corwheels.com/wordpress/w...-wheels-16.jpg

http://www.corwheels.com/collection/classic-series/

No offense, but 21" CORs make 20" LMs look bad!

Last edited by taurran; 05-23-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
I dunno... Jap super cars need Jap super wheels...

VR-G2.... Is what I'm thinking for this monster.

But these ADV.1's look downright PERFECT! (removed anything to get ACG in trouble) BUT ADV.1 FTMFW!!!!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've been having mental wrestling match with myself over wheel choice. Ive narrowed it down to 3 choices...all 21"s that are as much or less than stock weight of the 20"s...and all on non-run flats.

I'll post pics on my final decision. I actually have a buyer for the OEM wheels already.

I've got the GT-R going in 2 weeks for a mild massage of the audio/video...nothing drastic. Keeping the OEM head unit because it's actually not bad and I want to keep all integration status quo. The only change to the upstream components is an IPOD module that will allow video output onto the OEM TV screen and another module for VIM.

The downstream changes are only the front door speaker upgraded to Focal 3 ways pushed by a JL HD300/4 bridged into 2 channels and chucking the OEM sub system (2 9"s) for 1 JL13TW5 pushed by a JLHD 750/1. The restof the speaker setup remains the same (rear deck and center channel) run by the stock amp. A JL cleansweep does all the integration between OEM head unit and aftermarket amp/speakers. Simple and stealth...

As soon that is done...to the build proper...the list is long fellas!!!! I can't wait to see the new suede and OEM leather combination we have planned for the doors, dash, seats, headliner, rear deck and trunk.

The interior will also have gloss black accents...tasteful...so as to contrast with the black suede and French stitching. We will also add LED lighting to the headliner and footwells similar to the Suburban with red backlighting on the on/off buttons to match the OEM gauge backlighting.

The exterior will get a combination of dry carbon and gloss black accents. Again...I hope just enough to be extra menacing but not "fast and furious" tacky. Needless to say, this will probably take every bit of 6-8 weeks.

The final part is the performance...which will be mild in comparison to the AMS Alpha programs out there but enough for now...ECU/titanium mid/down pipe exhaust/filters/decrease in unsprung weight. I'll wait a bit longer before I go down the 900hp or 1000hp path...)
Old 05-24-2011, 12:13 AM

2004 E55
I've been having mental wrestling match with myself over wheel choice. Ive narrowed it down to 3 choices...all 21"s that are as much or less than stock weight of the 20"s...and all on non-run flats.

I'll post pics on my final decision. I actually have a buyer for the OEM wheels already.

I've got the GT-R going in 2 weeks for a mild massage of the audio/video...nothing drastic. Keeping the OEM head unit because it's actually not bad and I want to keep all integration status quo. The only change to the upstream components is an IPOD module that will allow video output onto the OEM TV screen and another module for VIM.

The downstream changes are only the front door speaker upgraded to Focal 3 ways pushed by a JL HD300/4 bridged into 2 channels and chucking the OEM sub system (2 9"s) for 1 JL13TW5 pushed by a JLHD 750/1. The restof the speaker setup remains the same (rear deck and center channel) run by the stock amp. A JL cleansweep does all the integration between OEM head unit and aftermarket amp/speakers. Simple and stealth...

As soon that is done...to the build proper...the list is long fellas!!!! I can't wait to see the new suede and OEM leather combination we have planned for the doors, dash, seats, headliner, rear deck and trunk.

The interior will also have gloss black accents...tasteful...so as to contrast with the black suede and French stitching. We will also add LED lighting to the headliner and footwells similar to the Suburban with red backlighting on the on/off buttons to match the OEM gauge backlighting.

The exterior will get a combination of dry carbon and gloss black accents. Again...I hope just enough to be extra menacing but not "fast and furious" tacky. Needless to say, this will probably take every bit of 6-8 weeks.

The final part is the performance...which will be mild in comparison to the AMS Alpha programs out there but enough for now...ECU/titanium mid/down pipe exhaust/filters/decrease in unsprung weight. I'll wait a bit longer before I go down the 900hp or 1000hp path...)
Will you adopt me?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Outrun...only if you can French stitch or read wiring schematic...lol! My wife already has dibs on the next "adoption"...she wants me to get her a w212 e coupe.

PS One minor change...my installer is switching over to some Hertz Mille MLK 3PA 3 way separates instead of Focals due to availability. From what I've heard about them...shouldn't be a drop off in SQ.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:36 AM

coming soon
Originally Posted by taurran
Also... on the R35, you've got to go with 21" wheels to get that sick aftermarket look. I've seen numerous 20" wheel setups, and none of them look right considering that's what comes on the car from the factory.

The best looking wheels I've seen are the 21" COR Precise and Cypher. (Precise are my favorite)

http://www.corwheels.com/wordpress/w...-wheels-48.jpg
http://www.corwheels.com/wordpress/w...-wheels-36.jpg
http://www.corwheels.com/wordpress/w...-wheels-16.jpg

http://www.corwheels.com/collection/classic-series/

No offense, but 21" CORs make 20" LMs look bad!
That really looks nice
Old 05-24-2011, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Sweet ride! Enjoy!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:51 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55

Good update Jon! ... glad to hear your going with the 21's! Did you get to put any miles on her this weekend? Open her up a bit or still in the break-in?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Sweet Ride! I want one
Old 05-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I know of a silver 2010 being sold as new for 75k, seems still a bit high
Old 05-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by vraa
I know of a silver 2010 being sold as new for 75k, seems still a bit high
Depends on miles, mods, supply and demand based on location etc... Silver has a 3k msrp premium as well (better quality paint supposedly with a better polish)
Old 05-25-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by Vic55
Depends on miles, mods, supply and demand based on location etc... Silver has a 3k msrp premium as well (better quality paint supposedly with a better polish)
The silver paint used on the GT-R is the same exact code used on other Nissan vehicles...

The difference is, on GT-R they use a "self-healing" formula that's supposed to reduce swirls.

Now, if only they'd use it on KH3 (black) paint code...
Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
The silver paint used on the GT-R is the same exact code used on other Nissan vehicles...

The difference is, on GT-R they use a "self-healing" formula that's supposed to reduce swirls.

Now, if only they'd use it on KH3 (black) paint code...
Yep same code...

The dealer I got my GTR from gave me their customer ordering brochure and this is what it says for super silver:

"Super Silver goes beyond other GT-R colors and features a third clearcoat for an even deeper shine. And for the finishing touch, meticulous hand-polishing- one car at a time- creates a magnificent blend of modern technology and old-world craftsmanship."

All for 3k more,