Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 OE TUNING results

Old 05-14-2011, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by tbal
I wanted to do pulls against others? Really? You were there thats why you know this right... haha. We all had a mutual talk between friends to goto the track and see what we do, thats all. Also as per this thread, dyno numbers dont mean ****, so if everyone does do a few pulls its would be interesting right? Or are you implying otherwise?
Nope, wasn't there. Just going by what was said in your other thread, I believe it was vw_mkv that you wanted to do a pull against. Once he commented on your post you started backpedaling...lol.

If dyno numbers don't really mean anything to you why post " 385 hp and 425 tq your final numbers??????? ". Reading between the lines makes it very clear what your intent is.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Nope, wasn't there. Just going by what was said in your other thread, I believe it was vw_mkv that you wanted to do a pull against. Once he commented on your post you started backpedaling...lol.

If dyno numbers don't really mean anything to you why post " 385 hp and 425 tq your final numbers??????? ". Reading between the lines makes it very clear what your intent is.
Really, hey Billy did I say lets go race? Billy is just quick to run his mouth on the internet, in person well lets just say hes opposite.

Why did I post that was first of all between me and a friend, so technically not your business. Second of all I was curious how the numbers differ from last weeks dyno, but I was quickly made aware that dyno to dyno it will differ... (same brand, but awd vs 2wd MD)
Old 05-14-2011, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Originally Posted by splinter
Perhaps your tune will help. Until then, lighten up a bit.
Bunch of AMGs went after that, stock I think best was 12.53 @112 with a horrible 60'... It will be intresting to see what the tune/pulley and some DR's will do
Old 05-14-2011, 10:38 PM

Bicycle
I didn't put anyone down, infact nicco is my buddy, I just asked him about numbers, and all the OE fans got offended because I said I lost power with the OE tune...

If its not the car, perhaps you should call up JMS and tell him his new dyno doesn't work, also call up Jerry about the tune...
385 hp and 425 tq your final numbers???????
So thats not a jab?
No one cares you went with EC over OE. Its you thats butt hurt that the OP went with OE, making comments like this proves it.
Why not just post up a good job instead of a jab?
My initial response to you was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you don't understand how a dyno works and how its should be used.
Your whole point was to bring in the OE vs EC thing in the first place.
Your an instigator and thats what makes you a tool.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Really, hey Billy did I say lets go race? Billy is just quick to run his mouth on the internet, in person well lets just say hes opposite.

Why did I post that was first of all between me and a friend, so technically not your business. Second of all I was curious how the numbers differ from last weeks dyno, but I was quickly made aware that dyno to dyno it will differ... (same brand, but awd vs 2wd MD)
Technically it's everyone's business once you post it up on a open forum, just saying.

Either way, go play with your dyno and have fun. I'm sure I'll check back in a few more months to only read how you're still talking about dyno numbers...lol. Take care and good luck beating your 12.7 @ 111....
Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Originally Posted by sneakyneon
So thats not a jab?
No one cares you went with EC over OE. Its you thats butt hurt that the OP went with OE, making comments like this proves it.
Why not just post up a good job instead of a jab?
My initial response to you was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you don't understand how a dyno works and how its should be used.
Your whole point was to bring in the OE vs EC thing in the first place.
Your an instigator and thats what makes you a tool.
For the tenth time, if I feel I want to question a friend, I will simple as that. You think its a jab, he doesn't so stfu. Im an instigator because I ask questions, right on douche bag.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Technically it's everyone's business once you post it up on a open forum, just saying.

Either way, go play with your dyno and have fun. I'm sure I'll check back in a few more months to only read how you're still talking about dyno numbers...lol. Take care and good luck beating your 12.7 @ 111....
Im the one talking about dyno because we had a dyno day where OE tunes lost numbers over baselines, hence curiosity is going to spark questions. Your the one that started a "dyno talk" thread because you just love stirring the pot whenever dyno discussions come up.

I goto the track to have fun, we did the dyno to have fun... you maybe a die hard 1/4 racer Im not.

Anything else? lol

Last edited by tbal; 05-14-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Im the one talking about dyno because we had a dyno day where OE tunes lost numbers over baselines, hence curiosity is going to spark questions. Your the one that started a "dyno talk" thread because you just love stirring the pot whenever dyno discussions come up.

I goto the track to have fun, we did the dyno to have fun... you maybe a die hard 1/4 racer Im not.
Actually the original poster started the "dyno talk". To be honest, I would never tune my car without some type of wideband. There are way too many variables with too many engines lost. You may have lost a few with OE but without a wideband I would error on the safer side. Like people say, you'll probably be making the most power right before BOOM!

I'm done with this thread, I already stirred the pot so my mission has been accomplished.....
Old 05-14-2011, 11:08 PM

E55 AMG
Wow we just went completely off topic. I think i should have made a thread on 4MD dyno results.. And then everyone could argued about the horsepower i lost of the week, must have been all the rain.

Different dyno!!! different day!!! different shop!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Actually the original poster started the "dyno talk". To be honest, I would never tune my car without some type of wideband. There are way too many variables with too many engines lost. You may have lost a few with OE but without a wideband I would error on the safer side. Like people say, you'll probably be making the most power right before BOOM!

I'm done with this thread, I already stirred the pot so my mission has been accomplished.....
right on.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Originally Posted by nicco
Wow we just went completely off topic. I think i should have made a thread on 4MD dyno results.. And then everyone could argued about the horsepower i lost of the week, must have been all the rain.

Different dyno!!! different day!!! different shop!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:14 PM

E55 AMG
So we gonna setup track day this coming weekend or what? Maybe we can get some of our US neighbours to come down also
Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Lets do the 27th... lets pick up some DR's too...
Old 05-14-2011, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 VW GTI

dude, u should relax a bit and show more respect to other ppl and their cars. Yeah we both went with eurocharged, but there is no reason why u should keeping bringing up that oetuning is **** and things. Afterall, u only did have one dyno run with oetuning and there was no wideband there for jeremy to tune u with, as u mentioned it felt rich but there was no way to tell and no way to adjust for it without a wideband.

I have nothing against u and I am sure u are a great guy as I met u breifly. But u should really think before u post. Ask yourself how others will feel what u are about to type. I did get a little offended when u made some un needed comments "a CDI made more Tq than your M5" comments like that is really not needed and no one cares.

Anyways, I done with this thread and maybe i will see u at other meets in the near future. Just take it easy man.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:21 PM

E55 AMG
Iam down for the DR but iam going to seattle on the 27-28. If you need anything from out there let me know.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Damn... Fri 20th, and June 3 Im busy .... anytime after Im game than
Old 05-14-2011, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Originally Posted by vw_mkv
dude, u should relax a bit and show more respect to other ppl and their cars. Yeah we both went with eurocharged, but there is no reason why u should keeping bringing up that oetuning is **** and things. Afterall, u only did have one dyno run with oetuning and there was no wideband there for jeremy to tune u with, as u mentioned it felt rich but there was no way to tell and no way to adjust for it without a wideband.

I have nothing against u and I am sure u are a great guy as I met u breifly. But u should really think before u post. Ask yourself how others will feel what u are about to type. I did get a little offended when u made some un needed comments "a CDI made more Tq than your M5" comments like that is really not needed and no one cares.

Anyways, I done with this thread and maybe i will see u at other meets in the near future. Just take it easy man.
There is no way to tell if a car is rich? You can smell the gas really bad its running RICH!

I have nothing against you or anyone, you should keep your comments less "jabby" but ciao around man, no hard feelings.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:27 PM

E55 AMG
NO WIDEBAND = NO TUNE
Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 PM

E55 AMG
how about this one NO WIDEBAND = BOOOM
Old 05-14-2011, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
lol
Old 05-15-2011, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt

........just thought I would ease the tension in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails E55 OE TUNING results-pst1240les.jpg  
Old 05-15-2011, 12:04 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by nicco
So we gonna setup track day this coming weekend or what? Maybe we can get some of our US neighbours to come down also
I'd love to come to a track day. That should be some fun!

I'd also love to see Tbal tell me to STFU to my face.... that would be fanstastic.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy
Originally Posted by sneakyneon
I'd love to come to a track day. That should be some fun!

I'd also love to see Tbal tell me to STFU to my face.... that would be fanstastic.
Really, kuz if I have to I will.

E-thuggin ftw lmao
Old 05-15-2011, 12:10 AM

E55 AMG
U two did you see those two chicks???
Old 05-15-2011, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Omg Julius I want more please?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 OE TUNING results