Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty (yes..another one)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
@jsandels: Tim asks that you don't post his prices on public forums. You can refer him to others, but do not post the specific pricing.

Originally Posted by kc2ntlh
As I originally stated, MB extended warranties only remain with the car if it does not pass through a MB dealership as part of the sale.

So, did you buy the car directly from the original owner or did it pass through a MB Dealer? If the former is true then the extended warranty remains with the car. However, if the latter is true then the extended warranty does not remain with the car.
This is correct....
Old 08-13-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E320
see tim

trying
Old 08-13-2011, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
I have Easy Care Total Care, and had no issues getting my stuff covered at all. I paid about $2500 for a 3 year and an additional 36K miles. This is with a $200 deductable. My warranty goes out in May next year so I do have to either extend it or find something cheaper and better.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS Dodge Journey
I know it's been 3 years for this thread, but I'd like to pull it out of the dirt.

I've had a very aggravating experience with Member's choice warranty. Long story short, the car has a stutter/hesitation when braking. Under warranty and dealer looking at it. Rental/courtesy vehicle not covered though. So move to members choice. They can't authorize rental coverage until dealer completes the diagnosis, and the defective part must be covered by MR warranty. After which, the dealer has to call by phone to members choice (average 45-minute wait time) and tell them the diagnosis. Then one can get an authorized rental from Hertz or Enterprise. This very inefficient and unprofessional process at the cost of $1,700 is not worth the hassles in my opinion.

I would strongly advise against third-party extended coverage warranties, if not warranties altogether, that is unless you have absolutely no means or intelligence to research and repair a vehicle yourself. If you absolutely have to have an extended warranty, grab your ankles, apply lube, and let the dealership take superior advantage of you with the sever amount of money they will charge. OR invest your money in a Tesla Model S and never have any of these issues ever again.