Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Extended Warranty (yes..another one)

My credit union offers this program for a very reasonable price:

https://www.loanliner.com/Ice/MRCLearnMore.pdf

Any of you heard of it? Any thoughts?

Not sure if the time and miles are additive but I'm assuming they are? For a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged with 37k miles a platinum plan (6yr/60k miles with $100 deductible) is $4,683.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
*This document is only an outline of coverage, exclusions and limitations of the MEMBER'S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage product. For exact coverage, exclusions and limitations, please review your MEMBER'S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage Agreement/Insurance Policy. The Mechanical Repair Coverage product is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. and Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc., Florida license #60023. In those states where MEMBER’S CHOICE Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as an insurance product, it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., Chicago, Illinois.

I've got to buy an extension to my warranty next month. I'm either going to shell out big bucks to keep it through Mercedes or going with an EasyCare TotalCare.

Whatever you go with, make sure you buy anything 'extra' that they offer you.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:20 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
After doing some googling- Carmax uses that warranty service too.

So you can google testimonials of Carmax warranty owners - might be a query that yields better results for you.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:22 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
*This document is only an outline of coverage, exclusions and limitations of the MEMBER'S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage product. For exact coverage, exclusions and limitations, please review your MEMBER'S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage Agreement/Insurance Policy. The Mechanical Repair Coverage product is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. and Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc., Florida license #60023. In those states where MEMBER’S CHOICE Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as an insurance product, it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., Chicago, Illinois.

I've got to buy an extension to my warranty next month. I'm either going to shell out big bucks to keep it through Mercedes or going with an EasyCare TotalCare.

Whatever you go with, make sure you buy anything 'extra' that they offer you.
Right, I'm thinking of getting this plan before my CPO expires next year or this year and just have double coverage for one year.

It appears that it's an inclusionary plan but it also mentions what it doesn't cover. After reading through Fidelity, NAC and this one, they almost all look the same as far as the details go?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:26 PM

E63 AMG
After doing some googling- Carmax uses that warranty service too.

So you can google testimonials of Carmax warranty owners - might be a query that yields better results for you.
If carmax is selling it, it should be good. They don't want folks to buy a used car that can't afford to fix it if it breaks down due to defect (under normal circumstances).

Most folks who express something not being covered appears to be an aftermarket modification (e.g. lowered airmatic setup) or a subjective suspension wear and tear component (control arm bushings).

I'm more worried about engine, transmission, airmatic and computer/electronic failures with my E63.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:32 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Hey Doc...so how much did the EasyCare TotalCare rate come out to be for you? I have to make that decision next Winter.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:47 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Lycan
Hey Doc...so how much did the EasyCare TotalCare rate come out to be for you? I have to make that decision next Winter.
I'll let you know when I purchase it, if I purchase it. Haven't called for a quote recently, but it was several thousand cheaper than the dealer wanted.

My dealer wanted $2750 for 1 year/ $5450 for 2 years to extend the factory warranty when I asked in November or December, but that number goes up until you renew unfortunately. My service adviser guaranteed me that it was through MBUSA/was the same as the existing warranty, and not an aftermarket policy, but that seems strange to me as most dealers sell aftermarket warranties. Might be that the car is CPO'd or something.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:52 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
That is roughly what my dealer in Germantown was asking. But they also said the number would go up about 15% by next year since I didn't buy it in the first 30 days. That could get a little steep.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:02 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Lycan
That is roughly what my dealer in Germantown was asking. But they also said the number would go up about 15% by next year since I didn't buy it in the first 30 days. That could get a little steep.
Both the indy shops I've used on this car and past cars have said to go with the Easycare Totalcare, and spring for any "platinum" or "extra" options that I can. They said everything down to the bushings will be covered.

If you're used to taking your car to the dealer, go have a long eye to eye talk with your favorite service adviser about whether they've seen people get screwed over before by the options you're considering. I've had terrible experiences the last two times I've gone so I'll forego the prospect of a loaner and take it to the little guys from now on.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:35 AM

Garage Temporarily Empty
If you would like to talk to a super knowledgeable guy on the forums (BecksImports) he will give you more great information than you could believe.
Even if you don't purchase through him, he seriously is a guru with aftermarket warranty.
Bruce Mendel at brucem105@comcast.net

I purchased my Fidelity warranty through him. Nothing but great things since then. (first warranty claim $9k - paid no problem).

Great thing is he's not your typical cheese-di*k salesman. He is an easy-to-talk- to car guy with a wealth of knowledge and shares it with you weather you buy from him or not.
Feel free to get in touch with me to discuss how my experience was with Bruce. If you want, just PM me your number or email.

-Chris
Old 05-30-2011, 12:08 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vabene7
If you would like to talk to a super knowledgeable guy on the forums (BecksImports) he will give you more great information than you could believe.
Even if you don't purchase through him, he seriously is a guru with aftermarket warranty.
Bruce Mendel at brucem105@comcast.net

I purchased my Fidelity warranty through him. Nothing but great things since then. (first warranty claim $9k - paid no problem).

Great thing is he's not your typical cheese-di*k salesman. He is an easy-to-talk- to car guy with a wealth of knowledge and shares it with you weather you buy from him or not.
Feel free to get in touch with me to discuss how my experience was with Bruce. If you want, just PM me your number or email.

-Chris
I've been in contact with Bruce and he has been good to communicate with and provided me with a quote. Wanted to see if anyone on MBWorld has any feedback specifically toward a Members Choice Platinum plan.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S 560, C 63 S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by nardeezy@yahoo.

Not sure if the time and miles are additive but I'm assuming they are? For a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged with 37k miles a platinum plan (6yr/60k miles with $100 deductible) is $4,683.
I recently got a quote on a Members Choice Platinum 6yr/60k miles with $100 deductible on my 2007 CLK63 AMG Cab. with 28,000 miles for $2709 before taxes. The plan does seem like a good one that is comparable to Fidelity and NAC. However, the one concern that I have is that (according to the information I received from my CU rep) they only pay by electronic payment or certified check. I'm not sure if dealers/repair facilities would like these options since they would not be as instant as credit card payment like Fidelity and NAC use. Actually, I need to speak to my SA to see if this would be a problem before I consider purchasing this policy. Just thought that I would share this information, and I hope that it is helpful.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:19 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by kc2ntlh
I recently got a quote on a Members Choice Platinum 6yr/60k miles with $100 deductible on my 2007 CLK63 AMG Cab. with 28,000 miles for $2709 before taxes. The plan does seem like a good one that is comparable to Fidelity and NAC. However, the one concern that I have is that (according to the information I received from my CU rep) they only pay by electronic payment or certified check. I'm not sure if dealers/repair facilities would like these options since they would not be as instant as credit card payment like Fidelity and NAC use. Actually, I need to speak to my SA to see if this would be a problem before I consider purchasing this policy. Just thought that I would share this information, and I hope that it is helpful.
Great reply! The method of payment was one of my questions that I was going to ask my credit union rep. I will also ask my local dealer SA and cashier dept. to see how they handle checks or money orders. As long as the repairs are approved, I don't mind fronting the bill then having them send me a check in the mail.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:15 PM

S 560, C 63 S Cabriolet
Great reply! The method of payment was one of my questions that I was going to ask my credit union rep. I will also ask my local dealer SA and cashier dept. to see how they handle checks or money orders. As long as the repairs are approved, I don't mind fronting the bill then having them send me a check in the mail.
PM sent!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:16 AM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330

My Fidelity Warranty is expiring in a couple months so I decided to follow up with my credit union on their extended warranties. I was quoted @ $3k for a 48 mo/75k warranty for m E55 a few months ago. I checked today and here's the latest for a NAC Platinum Warranty, $50 deductible, 2005 E55, 40k.

36/36k - $1784
36/50k - $2004
48/50k - $2145
48/75k - $3546
60/50k - $3094

Not sure what I'd get as I don't drive the car very much. However, the 48/50k coverage seems to be the best deal as it is only about $350 for an additional year over the 36/36k plan. $3094 for 5 years is a good deal as well!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:20 AM

2011 Ford Raptor, 2003 FX35, 2008 E63 AMG (Gone but not forgotten)
If you're under factory warranty, call Tim Sorrick for some numbers on a MB Factory warranty. Can't hurt to find out. I got a great price on my MB Factory Extended warranty.

http://www.mercedesofmodesto.com/dealership/staff.htm
Old 08-09-2011, 12:32 PM

2008 GL450 2008 280SLK 10th Edition
Extended FACTORY warranty

I bought a 2008 GL450 and paid my dealer for the extended warranty when they told me no one can give you a reduced price on it. Then I bought a 2008 280SLK 10th anniversary edition and began scouring the web as the Cadillac dealer I bought it from, suggested to do so or they could sell me an "after-market" warranty.

I live in Scottsdale, AZ. I found Tim Sorrick, Finance Manager, at MB Modesto European in CA. I have referred my best friends to him since. He will take your VIN, research your car - and then give you a quote that will save you over a $1,000 or more from what your dealer will sell you the extended factory - good anywhere in the USA at Mercedes - warranty.

Call him for a quote: (209) 522-8100. Look him up on the Internet. I also received a print out of my car's data build sheet, its mechanical history, all included. This guy is the real deal.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Formerly: 2007 e63; 2012 GL450
*This document is only an outline of coverage, exclusions and limitations of the MEMBER'S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage product. For exact coverage, exclusions and limitations, please review your MEMBER'S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage Agreement/Insurance Policy.
Frickin' lawyers.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 PM

2011 Ford Raptor, 2003 FX35, 2008 E63 AMG (Gone but not forgotten)
I had a similar experience as SMOWRE. My local dealer said, after I asked, that there is so little margin that he couldn't budge on price. I bought from him, and then was turned onto Tim through this forum. I returned my warranty and bough through Tim at a discount. Discounts vary, so give him a call today.

If I'm ever near Modesto, I'm taking him to dinner for sure for saving me tons of money!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:05 AM

94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
Help: I was told that the origianl owner of my E63 had the extended warranty but it failed to be traansfered when it was sold.Anyway to recover it,or how to find out?How can I track it down?

I was told to try Bruce Mendel at brucem105@comcast.net as many here on the forum have used him. Any input on this guy?
I am in NJ and want to purchase a warranty since mine expired, and now have 61K miles.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:43 AM

S 560, C 63 S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
Help: I was told that the origianl owner of my E63 had the extended warranty but it failed to be traansfered when it was sold.Anyway to recover it,or how to find out?How can I track it down?

I was told to try Bruce Mendel at brucem105@comcast.net as many here on the forum have used him. Any input on this guy?
I am in NJ and want to purchase a warranty since mine expired, and now have 61K miles.
(Concerning the extended warranty purchased by the original owner)

MB extended warranties only remain with the car if it does not pass through a MB dealership as part of the sale.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 PM

2008 E320
7/75000 for 2890. was quoted 4000.00 to 3300.00. Tim is the man

Tim Sorrick

Finance Manager
Modesto European
3900 McHenry Ave
Modesto, CA 95356
209-522-8100
209-550-8225 Direct Line
209-575-7551 Fax
www.modestoeuropean.com
tsorrick@modestoeuropean.com
Old 08-12-2011, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by kc2ntlh
(Concerning the extended warranty purchased by the original owner)

MB extended warranties only remain with the car if it does not pass through a MB dealership as part of the sale.
Not true
I bought my C32 @ 2 years old from the original owner who had bought the extended warranty when new. It transferred to me without any issue. I just had to fax MBUSA the bill of sale.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 AM

S 560, C 63 S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Not true
I bought my C32 @ 2 years old from the original owner who had bought the extended warranty when new. It transferred to me without any issue. I just had to fax MBUSA the bill of sale.

As I originally stated, MB extended warranties only remain with the car if it does not pass through a MB dealership as part of the sale.

So, did you buy the car directly from the original owner or did it pass through a MB Dealer? If the former is true then the extended warranty remains with the car. However, if the latter is true then the extended warranty does not remain with the car.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
Deleted per request.

Last edited by Pushing_Tin; 08-13-2011 at 04:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty (yes..another one)