Thats it, WRECKLESS DRIVING??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
Not a high-school drop out or anything, just to damn lazy to check spelling and grammar. Every body does it, two, too, to, or even their, there, or they're.
I don't think anyone expects that we should all grammar check everything... but some of these are not about grammar, they're about education. I like the Urban Dictionary definition:

Adding a "W" to a defined word because of a lack of education and assumed meaning. The incorrect spelling of reckless.
PS: Using HS dropout grammar in no way detracts from the discussion... sorry for taking this off topic.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 03 350z Track Built/Single Turbo
You normally drive around doing burnouts at stoplights? I mean, if you're doing those on city streets I don't have much confidence in the rest of your account. Sounds like you were driving like an a$$hole.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by taurran
You normally drive around doing burnouts at stoplights? I mean, if you're doing those on city streets I don't have much confidence in the rest of your account. Sounds like you were driving like an a$$hole.
BINGO!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
No, I don't do it normally, just on those days where theres a mustang revving up next to you and a parking lot full of girls doing a car wash...

But in reality I will learn not to do this when people are around. Not saying its okay to drive like, well, a moron, but we all have those moments, Don't We?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by taurran
"There is many a true Word spoken in jest."
Old 06-07-2011, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
So today, I was cruising around, and even did a few burnouts here or there. Then I was going about 40mph and there was a 90* turn coming up, but not too sharp, And i have safely taken it at 30 so i figured what the hell, and gave it a lill more gas. Took the turn at 42 mph, and car stayed planted firmly, just a little bit of squealing from the tires. anyways, Went home afterwards and about 20 minutes ago, A cop is knocking on my door. I figured he was only asking things door to door, because Why would he be here for speeding when the very corner I took was a 35 MPH zone about 100 feet after the bend. he then introduces himself, and then he asks me if I owned a black Mercedes Benz, And then proceeds to tell me (after I admitted to owning it and being a little naughty) that someone called in a complaint of wreckless driving, even got my plate #. He was very nice though, because thankfully after 10-15 minutes chatting and him running my name etc.. he decided to let me off with a warning to "kick off the summer". BUT: heres the thing, How is taking a corner fast considered wreckless? The only thing i was guilty of was speeding, and exhibition of speed, both of which were not brought up by him. Am I wrong to assume I was not being wreck less?

Quoted for the record....since these things tend to get "edited" as time goes on.

A 40MPH turn through a 90-degree corner? To carry that much speed it must have been a left-hand turn....? Hope it wasn't a blind-corner; from the sounds of it you were probably driving in the opposite lane while you were clipping the apex to pull off your Fast-And-Furious trick.

I really hate reading crap like this, especially if it is taking place in a residential neighborhood with kids everywhere. It really is a tragedy waiting to happen.

-G
Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by GregMB
A 40MPH turn through a 90-degree corner?
Hey, give him a break... he did say the 90 degree turn was "not too tight"...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by GregMB
Quoted for the record....since these things tend to get "edited" as time goes on.

A 40MPH turn through a 90-degree corner? To carry that much speed it must have been a left-hand turn....?Hope it wasn't a blind-corner; from the sounds of it you were probably driving in the opposite lane while you were clipping the apex to pull off your Fast-And-Furious trick.

I really hate reading crap like this, especially if it is taking place in a residential neighborhood with kids everywhere. It really is a tragedy waiting to happen.

-G
Yep, left turn and a right turn merge at 90* into a 2 lane road. Far from a 'blind corner' actually, I could see 2 blocks after the turn before I even started to take it.It was not a residential area like you are thinking, the left takes you onto another main road, and all the residential is to the right of the road that leads up to the left turn, more than a block away(not a block, just a HUGE field.)

Last edited by 03'55AMG; 06-07-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Which means there could be no possibiltiy of kids crossing the street with their bikes or skateboards. Seriously, you did the burn out because a mustang was reving his engine and there were girls (probally not even legal) washing cars. I think it is time to grow up a little, or if you want to act like an *** dont cry when the police come knocking. Oh, and if this were to turn tragic and someone did get injured, God forbid all the loosers that would come to your rescue and say "dumb kids should have not been in the road, dumb old man should have never pulled out" ect.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
No, I don't do it normally, just on those days where theres a mustang revving up next to you and a parking lot full of girls doing a car wash...

But in reality I will learn not to do this when people are around. Not saying its okay to drive like, well, a moron, but we all have those moments, Don't We?
and this is why you don't give powerful cars to immature teenagers.

some can handle it...others...well, its only a matter of time.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
Which means there could be no possibiltiy of kids crossing the street with their bikes or skateboards. Seriously, you did the burn out because a mustang was reving his engine and there were girls (probally not even legal) washing cars. I think it is time to grow up a little, or if you want to act like an *** dont cry when the police come knocking. Oh, and if this were to turn tragic and someone did get injured, God forbid all the loosers that would come to your rescue and say "dumb kids should have not been in the road, dumb old man should have never pulled out" ect.
Man, let me google sarcastic for you.The mustang and girls thing was totally sarcastic. And correct, the fence that runs the whole length of the houses would prevent kids from running out into the road.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
The mustang and girls thing was totally sarcastic.
bull**** it was sarcastic. You were being 100% serious and now you're backpedaling.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Oliverk
and this is why you don't give powerful cars to immature teenagers.
I take away my "HS dropout" comment... and replace it with "not yet out of HS"
Old 06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Man, let me google sarcastic for you.The mustang and girls thing was totally sarcastic. And correct, the fence that runs the whole length of the houses would prevent kids from running out into the road.
Good.....you got it all figured out at your mature age of 17. So keep dirving like a ahole and with any luck you will be suspended by 19 and we can all relax.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The only bad thing there is if you get suspended you will have more time to sit on your computer and make stupid, annoying posts..........so, looks like ther is no real winner.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:06 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Not True

Originally Posted by iAMGod
No.

Even if a police officer was dumb enough to do this, it wouldn't last 2 seconds at a trial, the police officer must physically witness it, otherwise purely hearsay.
That is not true, sir. It's not hearsay. Depends on the circumstances. It is often up to the officer's discretion. Like I said...it happens all the time here in Maryland because we have a very aggressive police force. Yes, you do have the right to take it to court. The observer WILL be called to testify against you. If the judge feels the observer is lying then he/she will be cited for filiing a false police report. The judge has to make the call.

Citizens are allowed to files complaints. A summons will be sent to you if you don't answer the door. When you are called to court the judge will hear the complaint of the person who call and hear your side. You end up in court either way if the officer decides to pursue it.

Last edited by Lycan; 06-07-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG

That mustang probably would have toasted your ***, even with a packed car full of ladies
Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Jeez louise...

get a grip friend. We're all fortunate enough to drive these cool cars. But the govt, your President, the PC police, and the insurance companies don't want you to. Don't give them a reason. You just make it tougher for everyone else. It doesn't sound like anyone is picking on you....it's just a consequence that goes with driving a hot rod. You're not an animal--use some restraint. This is why God usually doesn't give young people money...

And yes, just because you were "wreckless" doesn't mean you weren't "reckless". Not to worry, I fear you may find out the definition in more detail in the future. Hope not.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:27 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Ok...we have a lot of jail-house lawyers here today...here are the facts:

When a call is placed into the 911 system it has to be followed up on. It's considered to be a serious matter when a call comes into the system. Yes, it pisses some cops off to have to follow-up on BS. But when an observer places a 911 call and offers to testify to the offense you could be in trouble. At this point it comes down to how far the observer wants to go to make his/her point as well as the discretion of the investigating officer. Citizen complaints do often stand up in court. When an observer goes so far as to dial 911 and show up in court to testify against you it is no longer a laughing matter. But the consequense of this is going to be up to a judge in traffic court. They might toss it out. They might not. It all depends on a number of factors. You don't have to answer the door. They will send you a court summons by mail or physical courrier. If you decide not to show then you will be in contempt of court. It's that simple.

The easy solution to this is NOT to do crazy stuff in traffic. Again...I tell my riding buddies the same thing. If you **** off motorists they will call the cops on you. Is it really worth all that hassle?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Here's how this should have went down...

"I did something stupid in my car today and someone saw me. Later that day an officer showed up at my door and verbally reprimanded me but left without issuing a violation. Should I be concerned?"

As for you stone throwers sitting on your high horses, get over it. Was it irresponsible of him, sure. Was it irresponsible the last time YOU went out for a spirited drive? Yes, yes it was. No one buys an AMG to "save it for the track", you'd have bought a track car if that's the mentality you have.

I guess what I'm getting at is he's not your child so stop trying to discipline him like he is. And if you have your own children, teach them not to run out in the road because it's a dangerous place where lot's of people do THIS EXACT SAME THING ALL THE TIME.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
just to damn lazy to check spelling and grammar.
There you go again. Don't be too lazy to check stuff, it makes you look illiterate and stupid. People might think you're a high school drop-out.

Every body does it
No, everybody doesn't do it. It's one thing to make a typo, which we all occasionally do; it's entirely another thing to not know the meaning of a word or to not use the right word to communicate your thought. It's hard to communicate the point you're trying to express when your writing is semi-illiterate or rife with misused words.

two, too, to, or even their, there, or they're.
Who would have guessed you could actually list a few more homophonic heterographs? There may be hope for you after all. But cool the stupid driving.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
I agree 100% with you, Chris. I was only pointing out the legal side of it. We all do stupid crap from time to time.

I was just addressing people who started posting things like, "a cop can't just go off what other people say" and "it's hearsay". Ummmm, that is NOT true. Legally it's NOT if someone goes so far as to dial 911, files a report with a uniformed officer, and offers to testify against you under oath in Court. There are some people who have nothing better to do. People seem to have a strange notion of the US legal system. More often than not it is going to come down to the investigating officer and whether or not he wants to file the paper work, as well as how big of a stink the observing party is on the matter. You have a few different dynamics going on.

Back in Ohio, I knew of a guy that was arrested for flipping off a woman while screaming "F*ck You" at her and then cutting her off. She happened to be the wife of a police officer. Let's say...it didn't end well for him. That is just one of the facts of life.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Upon further review this thread would have been a lot funnier if it were spelled "FECKLESS DRIVING" instead....

-G
Old 06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by chris.bachman

As for you stone throwers sitting on your high horses, get over it. Was it irresponsible of him, sure. Was it irresponsible the last time YOU went out for a spirited drive? Yes, yes it was. No one buys an AMG to "save it for the track", you'd have bought a track car if that's the mentality you have.

I guess what I'm getting at is he's not your child so stop trying to discipline him like he is. And if you have your own children, teach them not to run out in the road because it's a dangerous place where lot's of people do THIS EXACT SAME THING ALL THE TIME.
few things.

I know that if I'm planning on driving aggressively, I do so when there is minimal if any risk to others...i.e. late at night, deserted mountain roads, etc. Is it a perfect situation, no, but I'm also not purposely losing traction and squealing tires through intersections.

The problem I have is that this individual is testing the limits of his vehicle on occupied public b-roads. Its certainly a lot more understandable for a child to run into the street, then for someone who is granted the ability to drive a 4,000lb piece of steel to drive like a total moron. he should know better.

Furthermore, most of us that are reprimanding him have at least a decade of driving experience behind us, often with high performance cars, and often on tracks, auto-x etc.

the problem in this situation is that at 17, the OP most likely doesn't have the experience to react properly if lets say the rear came around. I don't need to remind you how often these types of things happen in slow cars, much less 500bhp ones.

Now then, he posted about this on a public forum, so he's gonna get all the public reprimanding that we have to dole out. If you're dumb enough to post about it, you deserve whatever you get.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
Here's how this should have went down...

"I did something stupid in my car today and someone saw me. Later that day an officer showed up at my door and verbally reprimanded me but left without issuing a violation. Should I be concerned?"

I 100% agree with you.

I however do see the benefit of reprimanding him lol. This scorning will likely stick with him and if it causes him to think twice next time before being irresponsible on the road, it would have all been worth it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thats it, WRECKLESS DRIVING??