Old 06-08-2011, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
^Correct.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Lmao @ AMGPilot and GrantwoodTX, Even if I end up buying it, I wont be leaving the forums. Look at Emoving, sold the CLS(sadly) and still posts information to help others.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
Lmao @ AMGPilot and GrantwoodTX, Even if I end up buying it, I wont be leaving the forums. Look at Emoving, sold the CLS(sadly) and still posts information to help others.

You've failed at this even when you have the car.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Think what you want, and I will follow suit.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63AMGP30
Reckless driving citation for Montgomery judge Brian Kim (Washington Post)

By Dan Morse
A Montgomery County District Judge was cited for reckless driving Thursday after another driver told police the judge had driven erratically and cut her off along an interstate during evening rush hour, according to Maryland State Police.

Judge Brian G. Kim, 49, noted in Rockville legal circles for running a tight courtroom, faces a fine but no jail time in connection with the Oct. 18 incident. The other driver, a Rockville attorney, told police the incident started around 6 p.m. in downtown Rockville over a lane dispute, according to law enforcement sources and the State Police. It continued westbound to Interstate 270. The victim eventually called 911 from her car, according to police. Kim’s attorney, Barry Helfand, said he expected the judge to pay the fine on Thursday. There is no indication that the victim has ever appeared before the judge. In a written statement, the victim told police that the driver of a Honda CR-V was driving agressively, tailgating, swerving toward her, and braking hard in front of her car and pulling next to her while gesturing, according to police. The judge was identified using Motor Vehicle Administration records and the victim’s description of the driver, police said. At one point, the victim said, she had to brake heavily and swerve to avoid a collision, according to sources. Kim presides in District Court, which handles relatively minor crimes when compared with the Circuit Court across the street.
On the bench, he is known to encourage defendants to get their life together before more serious charges or penalties come down. “Is he strict? Yes,” said Helfland. “He wants people to listen to him.” In October 2006, Montgomery County Police Officer Philip Ragan was inside Kim’s courtroom. As he walked out, he flipped open his cell phone to prepare to make a call in the hallway, according to a police account at the time. Kim ordered a bailiff to confiscate the phone, according to police. It eventually was returned.
Outside of work, Kim plays the violin and has run marathons, Helfand said. Early on in the case, state police contacted prosecutors at the Montgomery County State’s Attorneys office. Officials there referred the matter to Leonard Collins, who was then the Charles County State’s Attorney. Such a move is typical when there is a possible conflict of interest.

Last edited by Lycan; 06-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:59 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Originally Posted by Oliverk
John, I'm not arguing that a civilian can't report a complaint, I know they can.

But evidence happens to be important in a court of law. If complainant says person X was driving recklessly, and person X denies that he was driving recklessly, and complainant doesn't have corroborating witnesses, you have a typical he said/she said case, in which the burden of proof is on the complainant. In such a case, it is extremely rare that a judge would bring a guilty verdict.
I know, Oliver. Take a look at the example I sent above ^^^. In Maryland charges against you by another motorist can stand up in court. The police don't have to observe it. It's obviously not this way in all states. But around here it is.

Good conversation either way !!!

Washington Post Article: (This is one of many examples)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...prss=rss_local

If they can convict a judge...guess what they can do to the average Joe Six-Pack? I have seen this many times...this is just one documented example. Obviously not everyone makes it into the Washington Post.

Around here all it takes is one angry motorist with a cell phone and you are screwed.

Last edited by Lycan; 06-08-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
This thread is in free fall.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:25 PM

2008 E63AMGP30
Originally Posted by Nola
This thread is in free fall.
I agree...it was pretty entertaining though. Everyone was a good sport. Bottom line...if you drive crazy have the number to a good lawyer.

Peace.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'14 C63 507, '11 C300, '96 Cobra, '91 Mr2
Better wreckless than wreckful...
Old 06-08-2011, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
The difference is he doesn't talk out of his a** like you do. You don't have any correct information to pass on.

You're an idiot teen that thinks he's the **** driving his daddy's car
Old 06-08-2011, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
You've failed at this even when you have the car.
That made my afternoon!

I think the best tag for this dumba$$ I've read is "JANGY Jnr."
Old 06-08-2011, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Hahahaha that made my day!! I am the teen driving daddys car!! lmao!! and your the grown man telling off a minor!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Do you realize that you've discredited yourself to a point now that, no matter the amount of time that passes, no one will ever respect you in this forum.

You have made an *** of yourself publicly and I for one won't be sticking around to watch you continue to do so.