Sponsored by:

DIY Split IC with Video/Picture instructions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CL55 AMG, 04 E55 AMG
Why not use washer fluid tank ?

Ive got another thread on here i started with diy instructions, but i Just wanted to put a couple oics on this thread too.
I pulled out my washer fluid resevoir and sealed it completely and plumbed my ic line into it.
Looks completely stock but I've got a 1.5-2 gallon resevoir for my supercharger. My intake temps dropped from 120-140f
To 78-90f .
Note that i did replace my intercooler pump at the same time.
My washer fluid resevoir stays cold and this car has power like i never knew..
Kenny
Attached Thumbnails DIY Split IC with Video/Picture instructions-20160511_175344.jpg   DIY Split IC with Video/Picture instructions-img_20160516_183857.jpg   DIY Split IC with Video/Picture instructions-20160517_142316.jpg   DIY Split IC with Video/Picture instructions-20160517_145438.jpg   DIY Split IC with Video/Picture instructions-20160517_174353.jpg  

DIY Split IC with Video/Picture instructions-20160517_183446.jpg  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
That's awesome. Is that an S-class you installed in? E-class has the washer tank behind the passenger side fender, and it might be tricky running two 3/4" hoses to it.

If one was really slick, you'd partition the tank so the washer fluid still has a small chamber.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:11 PM

06 CL55 AMG, 04 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JoeNobody
That's awesome. Is that an S-class you installed in? E-class has the washer tank behind the passenger side fender, and it might be tricky running two 3/4" hoses to it.

If one was really slick, you'd partition the tank so the washer fluid still has a small chamber.
A cl55 actually, just one 5/8 hose to it, the one that used to go to the engine coolant res from the ic line.
Pretty easy really!
I have to pull the washer fluid heater out and bypass it still, besides that it works great
Old 05-18-2016, 10:00 PM

06 CL55 AMG, 04 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JoeNobody

A cl55 actually, just one 5/8 hose to it, the one that used to go to the engine coolant res from the ic line.
Pretty easy really!
I have to pull the washer fluid heater out and bypass it still, besides that it works great.
Kenny
Old 05-19-2016, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 E55
following
Old 04-14-2017, 01:00 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
Wich one u don't have one

Originally Posted by tbal
Yes, even with the small BMW res it makes a big enough difference. Search my datalog thread...

Also if you can wait a few days, I'm doing a custom 1gal front mount reservoir! Details, pix once installed
Search all threads you started you don't have any Datalog thread else perhabs u answered on someone's else's could u pls post link
Old 05-26-2017, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
05 E55, 98 CLK320
Amazon Amazon

Is this the bracket? Wanna make sure before I pull the trigger....
Old 05-26-2017, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Amazon Amazon

Is this the bracket? Wanna make sure before I pull the trigger....

And they have multiple tank options

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
Originally Posted by kgoff6
Ive got another thread on here i started with diy instructions, but i Just wanted to put a couple oics on this thread too.
I pulled out my washer fluid resevoir and sealed it completely and plumbed my ic line into it.
Looks completely stock but I've got a 1.5-2 gallon resevoir for my supercharger. My intake temps dropped from 120-140f
To 78-90f .
Kenny
How the hell do you clean your windows now
Old 05-26-2017, 10:23 AM

06 CL55 AMG, 04 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MACEDON
AT the gas station lol it's track car.. If it gets 200 miles a month that's ALOT
Old 05-26-2017, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55, 98 CLK320
AT the gas station lol it's track car.. If it gets 200 miles a month that's ALOT
Damn such a nice big comfy car only for the track??? I'd be driving that daily CL's ride like a dream
Old 05-26-2017, 10:33 AM

06 CL55 AMG, 04 E55 AMG
Damn such a nice big comfy car only for the track??? I'd be driving that daily CL's ride like a dream
With the amount of work done to it and amount of power it has now it doesn't seem practical to drive it very often. Plus I've got an e55 with 80k that I drive during the week.. And a bunch of others lol
Old 05-28-2017, 05:29 AM

E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
mine is not splited getting 86/30c = 200 km/h

To 78-90f .
Kenny

I really miss se some logging before and after did mine yesterday note on a short trip to the Mc D
but maks 30C / 86f is what I could push out if it on a 23.5 warm day. Well not specially good log was not a MAX pull but I am sure it counts is it worth for me splitting I got it all ready to install TODAY if u say YES

Only question I have the CL55 has the self bleeding right isn't that a huge disadvantage not only sharing the same refill point but will defiantly also recirculate the Hot Coolant not so for those I get it but for the E55 that is plugged I am starting to think this is there the flaw is ? Anyone?
Attached Files
File Type: csv
Old 05-28-2017, 10:06 AM

06 CL55 AMG, 04 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by SuperChargerE55
I really miss se some logging before and after did mine yesterday note on a short trip to the Mc D
but maks 30C / 86f is what I could push out if it on a 23.5 warm day. Well not specially good log was not a MAX pull but I am sure it counts is it worth for me splitting I got it all ready to install TODAY if u say YES

Only question I have the CL55 has the self bleeding right isn't that a huge disadvantage not only sharing the same refill point but will defiantly also recirculate the Hot Coolant not so for those I get it but for the E55 that is plugged I am starting to think this is there the flaw is ? Anyone?
After looking at your logging, i would say splitting the System would definately be worth while.

If you look at the beginning, when your intake air temps are at 37 and rpms at 4700, you are pushing 9psi of boost.

As your intake temps to up to 51c you hit 4500 rpms and showed 0psi boost. Even when you did boost with the higher intake air temps, your boost was significantly lower.

You are heat soaking!

Don't worry it happens to all of us at some point lol

What did you use for data logging? That is very easy to read and I would like to be able to log that way.

I've got the torque app but can't figure out how to get it into Excel after

​​​​​​​Kenny
The following users liked this post:
SuperChargerE55 (05-29-2017)
Old 05-29-2017, 01:08 AM

Ur The man

After looking at your logging, i would say splitting the System would definately be worth while.

If you look at the beginning, when your intake air temps are at 37 and rpms at 4700, you are pushing 9psi of boost.

As your intake temps to up to 51c you hit 4500 rpms and showed 0psi boost. Even when you did boost with the higher intake air temps, your boost was significantly lower.

You are heat soaking!

What did you use for data logging? That is very easy to read and I would like to be able to log that way.

Kenny
corrected

Last edited by SuperChargerE55; 05-29-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:10 AM

Ur The man

You are heat soaking!

Kenny

I really am oh my my, super thanks man
And I WHO tought all was just fine thanks a lot
This gave my a much better Picture of everything I appriciate that a lot.
I Even did decide to move on and did the split, just after my post I tought what the heck why not
But man a PITA P.I.T.A did so much research but to many posts to many threads missing a real how to remove the fan on the E55
I couldnt get it out, was even under the car to look but jesus christ spaghetti hoses every where some attach on the sides of the fan
no idea how to loosen this but had the whole fan loosen at the top I seen the guise but was no go hoses moved along when yanking it I dropped it
didnt want to make problems but had the IC hoses of that made much more room and the hose the runs into the cabin just clambed them min loss of water.
I couldn't get the oteker clamp of no space for my oteker clamp tool damn I wish that fan was out
I ended up cutting the hose here and around the lower part se picture with a stainless blade
lol hope it will hold attached piece of hose at the part that was left after slicing
and clambed it good.
but I will check with my local AMG is a guy there always showing me tips but the dont know the easy steeps but the Mercedes steeps lol.
maybe is the same will see.
Installed but didn't had time to test through driving and all but had it running filled up and bleed the system,
took me around 4 hours total thats with shower lol
but checked it with Torque even at Operating temp = 6C AIT, I am really surprised cant wait to run it and test it tonight after Work
I better bring my mobil just in case oh is with me anyway for Torque hope I wont need call road assistance.
About loggin I also use Torque Pro and when I send the log I sent it as
"CVSComma seperated values" ​​​​​open with Libre office now checking with Office if looks the same I am sure it does.
I did move the numbers a bit around to give a more clear picture of the run.
Thank u again Kenny I am happy now because u replied me on this
Thank you very much
NB se picture I first I cap it at the upper blue line
and the on the lower blue line as close to the ring as possible slicec it around with a staimless hooh
another PITA but u get enough to add a piece of hose to attach the 3/4" - 5/8" reducer yeahoo.
Attached Thumbnails DIY Split IC with Video/Picture instructions-capture.jpg  

Last edited by SuperChargerE55; 05-29-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:59 PM

Loggin after Split

Voila after split, what a change are you kidding me
22 degrees outside I started engine cold AIT was only 17C I never seen it be under Outside temp that is nice.

I ran it nice at 200 kmh and damn it pulls like a train thank you all.
pls see numbers now

Anyway when I came back I just want to add it is not leaking at the new installation 100% but I saw coolant under the car
when looking down left side just under the alternator and aprox mid under car behind the tranny a bit further back but I overfilled the tank got it it out back down to level started car again and now no leaks where could that come from? is that normal if overfilling the expansion tank I was like 1-2 fingers above leve, 2 little fingers
Weird is is not poring out so must be some automatic release valve somewhere under the car my installation is tight, or anyone know about this?
all seems fine now tough
Hope I didnt ruin anything on the car huuh got 40 km each way tomorrow guess I will find out

PS Sorry about earlier posting 2 times was not my intention first post was in the tram on my mobile totally C**** so tried to correct lol and now 2 post
Attached Files
Old 05-29-2017, 04:10 PM

Why sometimes boost shows -?

Kenny why sometimes my bost shows
and sometimes
why the minus sometimes and sometimes not?
Old 05-29-2017, 07:32 PM

06 CL55 AMG, 04 E55 AMG
22 degrees outside I started engine cold AIT was only 17C I never seen it be under Outside temp that is nice.

pls see numbers now

Anyway when I came back I just want to add it is not leaking at the new installation 100% but I saw coolant under the car
when looking down left side just under the alternator and aprox mid under car behind the tranny a bit further back but I overfilled the tank got it it out back down to level started car again and now no leaks where could that come from? is that normal if overfilling the expansion tank I was like 1-2 fingers above leve, 2 little fingers
Weird is is not poring out so must be some automatic release valve somewhere under the car my installation is tight, or anyone know about this?
all seems fine now tough
Hope I didnt ruin anything on the car huuh got 40 km each way tomorrow guess I will find out

PS Sorry about earlier posting 2 times was not my intention first post was in the tram on my mobile totally C**** so tried to correct lol and now 2 post

Your new numbers look AWESOME!!!

I'm assuming that you feel like your driving a totally different machine with it functioning correctly.

Looking at the new numbers, you can see that your air intake temps get up to 35 degrees above ambient temp.
This is not the impressive part, it is close to the same as before.
The impressive part is how quickly your IATs cool back down to 20 below ambient.

Every time you should've boosted, you did.
It is worth mentioning that your second log shows your highest boost psi at 11.11
In the first log I believe the most I saw was 9.something

Your boost/vaccume shows positive and negative because when you are not boosting, you are pulling a vaccum.
A positive number means you are boosting, your supercharger is engaged.
When you see a negative, this means your supercharger is not engaged and you have a negative pressure.

Did you use an external reservoir?

If you could post some more pics that would be great!!

​​​​​​​Kenny
Old 05-29-2017, 11:05 PM

Yes it really feels different

Your new numbers look AWESOME!!!

I'm assuming that you feel like your driving a totally different machine with it functioning correctly.

Looking at the new numbers, you can see that your air intake temps get up to 35 degrees above ambient temp.
This is not the impressive part, it is close to the same as before.
The impressive part is how quickly your IATs cool back down to 20 below ambient.

Every time you should've boosted, you did.
It is worth mentioning that your second log shows your highest boost psi at 11.11
In the first log I believe the most I saw was 9.something

Your boost/vaccume shows positive and negative because when you are not boosting, you are pulling a vaccum.
A positive number means you are boosting, your supercharger is engaged.
When you see a negative, this means your supercharger is not engaged and you have a negative pressure.

Did you use an external reservoir?

If you could post some more pics that would be great!!

Kenny
Thanks Kenny yes it really feels so different right from the start.
I see it correct the temps regenerate very quickly im really impressed.
I just used the stage 1 kit from VRP SPEED
https://vrpspeed.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=101

I was very sceptical after what I heard but I can confirm and you can see it from the logging it works.
I get back with pictures Kenny I promis.

A million thanks for all the help here I am so grateful for this I learned a lot from this thanks Kenny
Old 10-09-2020, 12:57 AM
Banned

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

pls see numbers now

all seems fine now tough

What did you use to log?
Old 10-12-2020, 10:15 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
CL55
Originally Posted by Mackhack
What did you use to log?
Use torque pro
The following users liked this post:
Mackhack (10-12-2020)