Sponsored by:

****HELP A BROTHA OUT****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
I will call my warranty company today and give it my best. I would agree with some of you, the struts should not be considered a wear item. I've been reading and some warranty companies cover the part, others don't.
I also think there's something to be said about the way the failure is presented to the company. If you roll into the dealer with $5K+ of warranty items and they send and inspector out they will look for any way to chip away at the bill. If you roll in and the SA reports a small $1400 charge some warranty companies might just let it slide.

Anyway, I just placed an order through Arnott and it came out to $575. There is a $100 refundable core exchange and I paid the $75 for overnight shipping. Luckily, my boy at the stealer will replace it for the price of "on the house" lol. So after everything is said and done, I paid $475 as opposed to well over $1000 at the dealer.

Initially I called some local shops and they all quoted me about 5-7 hours of labor to replace the strut. I called Serge and he laughed, said he can swap it out in 45-1hr. Serge is honest and a straight up good dood in my book. As far as the other shops I called, I will NEVER do business again. So if you're reading this, GO *** YOURSELFS.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Damn, major disappointment with that warranty but glad you got it taken care of.

When I purchased my extended service plan, I specifically asked about the struts because of the posts on this forum regarding failures and the cost to replace or repair. Sure hope they weren't lying to me.