W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

dealer problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2003 | 10:09 AM

dealer problem

I'm having a slight problem with my dealer and I wanted to know what other people would do in this situation. The E was at the dealer probably a little more than a month ago to have the Navigation system fixed. The car was at the dealer for ~2wks I think, due to the dealer not getting the parts, etc...it didn't matter that much, as the car is not driven that much and we had a rental. Now, we get the car back, then go on vacation for about a week, so the car is still not driven much at all. Now, when cleaning, I discovered that the floor mats are gone! (this was 2 weeks ago) So when I call the dealer, they check with the tech who worked on the car, and he says he remembers the car(says it had floor mats in the trunk and rubber mats in the car), however, the car has never had rubber mats in it! We have been waiting for some other all-weather mats to come in, so we had put towels on top of the floormats in the car so that they would not get all mucked up during the rainy spring. These towels were in a box in the trunk, but the mats were nowhere to be found! I called again last week, and the service manager said that she didn't know what to do since the tech, who was currently on vacation, had said that he remembered the car, etc....so I need to call this week, since the tech should be there, and see what's going on? I realize that this isn't that big of a deal, missing floormats are not the end of the world, but I think that the dealer should either find the floormats or replace them for me! Thanks for reading...any thoughts? thanks.
Old 05-27-2003 | 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Call the General Manager and complain and ask them to replace the mats. That dealer is bonded and insured for these type of mishaps. I once had a pair of Oakley sunglasses removed from my car while at the dealer. I complained to the GM and he said to bring him the receipt for the new pair and he gave me a check to cover the theft of my Oakleys, $120. Few dealers would do that.