Sponsored by:

Speaker/Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Speaker/Radio Issues

I was driving today, listening to music, and I lost the driver side front and rear door speakers. No sound comes out of them, not even the tweeter by the driver side mirror. First thought was that I blew the speakers but that whole side? I wasn't listening that loud and nothing was overdriven. But I have no idea.

The sub works fine and both passenger side front and rear work fine. I noticed if I fade the speakers to the driver side rear, some sound comes out of the rear dash, not just bass.

Anyone know what this might be?

Should I disconnect the battery and let it sit? I am wondering if the radio has some sort of shut off of some sort and it kicked on.

Can someone tell me how many speakers there are in these cars? And if there are more in the back by the sub?

Ideas?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by outrun
I was driving today, listening to music, and I lost the driver side front and rear door speakers. No sound comes out of them, not even the tweeter by the driver side mirror. First thought was that I blew the speakers but that whole side? I wasn't listening that loud and nothing was overdriven. But I have no idea.

The sub works fine and both passenger side front and rear work fine. I noticed if I fade the speakers to the driver side rear, some sound comes out of the rear dash, not just bass.

Anyone know what this might be?

Should I disconnect the battery and let it sit? I am wondering if the radio has some sort of shut off of some sort and it kicked on.

Can someone tell me how many speakers there are in these cars? And if there are more in the back by the sub?

Ideas?
Edit...

I do have the HK setup and found this thread. Maybe the amp in the back took a dump?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...subwoofer.html