Sponsored by:

Rear Toe Links and Camber Arms vs K-MAC Bushings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon
Rear Toe Links and Camber Arms vs K-MAC Bushings

Guys, I try to get more stability and traction and less tire wear. I am just STAR lowered and not planning to go any lower.

What would you recommend MB arts Toe Links and Camber Arms or K-MAC front and rear bushings or combination of both ?

I like the idea of the bushing as they will be less squishy that the stock rubber ones, with the added benefit of being adjustable. Question do they need maintenance ? (being readjusted regularly)

What is the crowd wisdom ?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
I Installed k-mac up front and Arms rear. Tire wear is totally even on all 4.
No maintenance carried out since the install at the begining of the year.

I did get a sqeak over bumps on one of the rear arms that lasted a few weeks when the weather was cold.

Goodluck
Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by timeToy
Guys, I try to get more stability and traction and less tire wear. I am just STAR lowered and not planning to go any lower.

What would you recommend MB arts Toe Links and Camber Arms or K-MAC front and rear bushings or combination of both ?

I like the idea of the bushing as they will be less squishy that the stock rubber ones, with the added benefit of being adjustable. Question do they need maintenance ? (being readjusted regularly)

What is the crowd wisdom ?
The MBArts control arms are garbage
Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F-250
^ I could not disagree more. With my mods, I could not keep the rear straight under load. I would track all over the place, and that can be scary.

I installed the arms, got a good alignment, and the rear is solid. As for camber, I don't know, and I don't care. I am slammed

In terms of keeping the rear end in place- they work perfect. I have had them on over a year, and no issues. I have no experience with the KMAC stuff, but there are a lot of writes ups, both for and against.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
220SE
No maintenance is required for the K-Mac bushings, and the camber, caster and toe adjustments will remain intact unless something unforseen happens.

These are not 'positional' bushings that need to be installed in a certain position to set the alignment, but they are adjusted after installation and serrated ends on the bushings grip the crossmember (etc) and hold them in place. The urethane bushes are pre-greased for life on installation, those with inner steel bushings have a hard-chromed surface with grease grooves cut into them.

And if you're looking at putting bigger rubber on the rear, the K-Mac bushes won't push the top of the wheel out to rub on the fender like the adjustable top arms do.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by AMGPilot
The MBArts control arms are garbage
the mbarts arms have gone through some revisions since you tried them and so far they seem to be working for poeple.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
I just had the K-mac bushings installed all around, fronts are good and I can get the car into the factory specs even though I'm pretty low. I am having a problem with the rear toe adjuster as they keep moving, the rear camber bushing seem fine though, I called K-mac and they sent me some new bolts, nuts and washers with a fine thread for more clamping force for the rear toe adjusters and a new set of rear camber bushing saying that these are updated to a new spec which really pisses me off seeing as I just bought these and paid to have them installed and the rears are a PITA I'm told, I've been waiting to get these sorted out before I do a write up on them, if I can get the rear toe sorted out these seem to be the way to go, I will follow up with this thread either way,
Old 07-07-2011, 06:58 PM

'08 E63 Wagon
I also find this: https://mbworld.org/forums/general-m...ter-screw.html

Thanks everyone