Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 E55 Keyless Go Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '03 E55 Keyless Go Question

My first post on this board. Picked up my '03 E55 Saturday, and love it. When I keep the key in my pocket, and open the door to either enter or exit the car, a chime sounds, and the display says something like "don't leave your key in the car." Very annoying, and the dealer's tech looked into it and said it can't be disabled. I find this chime very annoying, and am wondering if anyone knows if/how it can be disabled. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to participating in this forum.

See below ('03 E55 AMG) for pix link.

Last edited by Poursha; 05-29-2003 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Surely the tech guy saying cant be fixed should not be taken lying down, there is a cleary defect which should be rectified. Go further up and demand for this to be sorted out!!
Old 05-29-2003, 01:19 PM

Porsche Twin Turbo, Supra Turbo, EVO Turbo
My E55 does exactly the same thing, it gets annoying..but Im used to it already.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55,2005 Ferrari F430 Spider, 2005 Corvette 427 TT, 2005 Range Rover
All the E cars with keyless do it. I would like to know if it can be disabled as well. It is not necessary as you can't lock the car with the key in it anyway. How do you like the car?
Old 05-29-2003, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by Blocktrader
All the E cars with keyless do it. I would like to know if it can be disabled as well. It is not necessary as you can't lock the car with the key in it anyway. How do you like the car?
I picked up the car Saturday, and absolutely love it. I went from a 2002 Porsche Carrera and 2000 BMW 740i Sport, and decided this would serve as a hybrid of those 2. Great power, wonderful handling (from sedan like in standard mode, to very sporty in sport mode 2--not as tight as the Carrera, but close enough), beautiful interior, can fit 4 adults and is a blast to drive.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:28 PM

Porsche 997 Turbo
I have Keyless-Go on my E55 and my car doesn't do any annoying sounds or announcements. I just keep the key in my pocket (pants), I jump in and out the car without any annoying messages.
Maybe something only US bound cars have?
I know there is a message when I leave the key in the car but as long as I have the key in my pocket, no such thing on my car.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Rennteam
I have Keyless-Go on my E55 and my car doesn't do any annoying sounds or announcements. I just keep the key in my pocket (pants), I jump in and out the car without any annoying messages.
Maybe something only US bound cars have?
I know there is a message when I leave the key in the car but as long as I have the key in my pocket, no such thing on my car.
RC,
Good to see you here! This alert sounds like the a US issue--too many lawyers, I guess .

I'm loving my E55--how about you?
Old 05-29-2003, 07:36 PM

Porsche 997 Turbo
Hi poursha, I love my E55 too but I miss my 996 Turbo.
With a wife and two kids, the E55 is however the best compromise I found and I really enjoy this car. I can't say I love it as I loved my 996 Turbo but I'm pretty close to it.

Here's a little report on my E55 incl. pictures
Old 05-29-2003, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by Rennteam
Hi poursha, I love my E55 too but I miss my 996 Turbo.
With a wife and two kids, the E55 is however the best compromise I found and I really enjoy this car. I can't say I love it as I loved my 996 Turbo but I'm pretty close to it.

Here's a little report on my E55 incl. pictures
Nice review. Althought the handling isn't quite on par with my Carrera, since I've never tracked any of my cars, it's close enough for me, and the fact that I can fit my 2 kids--or 2 adults in comfort--in the back seat is a big plus. The suspension in sport mode 2 is great, and the dynamic seats are really a nice touch--just before you start to slide in a hard turn, the side bolster inflates to offset it--wow!

I've never been a big Mercedes fan, but this car surprised me and changed my opinion. The fit and finish--inside and out--is terrific, and Porsche could surely learn a few leasons here. Not one squeak or rattle--not one!
Old 06-01-2003, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
I was told the same thing by my dealer as well. It is very annoying at first but then you get used to it. With the door open it will eventually stop...........

Have fun, what a rocket!

Schiz
Old 06-02-2003, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by Schiznick
I was told the same thing by my dealer as well. It is very annoying at first but then you get used to it. With the door open it will eventually stop...........

Have fun, what a rocket!

Schiz
I figured out that if you press the top menu button on the steering wheel it turns off the chime (for that one time only).

I called MBUSA customer service in NJ (800-for-merc) and filed a "formal" complaint--if enough of us do this, maby they'll get the message and provide the dealers with a way to turn the chime off.

That annoyance aside, a great car!