Sponsored by:

E63 Vac leak or Manifold leak?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
Question E63 Vac leak or Manifold leak?

I been tracking down this CEL I get for system lean bank 1 so I had a friend at a MB dealer give me a quick 20 min free time in his bay.He pulled the code to verify what I told him and then removed the plastic front cover with the benz symbol on it and proceeded to spray parts cleaner all around the intake manifild while it was running and the STAR displaying each cyl values.He couldnt find anything til the last minute when he sprayed it real hard in the front right side of the intake manifold near that actuator and the car would get a small stumble.The STAR displayed some values in cyl 6 and a lil in cyl 7.

Is this the intake manifold gasket leak or is there a vacuum hose in that area I should look at?I ran out of time and the last info he gave me was the car is at its max enrichment at idle so he thinks there is a small gasket leak. I am out of warranty so what should this cost for the delaer to do? Also my VMI shows this was done already at 49k miles in august of 09.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
mercedes 71 280sl. Porsche 930 . Ducati mh900 and ps1000
There Is a tsb for this. Had the same problem replaced the intake gasket and intake bolts and all good since did it myselfe and toke 2 hours
Thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
What should I expect to pay for this job done at my local dealer? Since I am out of warranty I dont think they will fix for free even though there is a TSB for it and since it was done already once at the dealer and still failed.What causes this failure?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
What should I expect to pay for this job done at my local dealer? Since I am out of warranty I dont think they will fix for free even though there is a TSB for it and since it was done already once at the dealer and still failed.What causes this failure?
~2 hours to replace the intake manifold gaskets You might as well throw on thermal spacers. PM me if you want a set.