W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3, 4, 6 Injectors open circuit problem, solution?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brabus K8 E55 05
Question 3, 4, 6 Injectors open circuit problem, solution?

Recently I installed the 550 cc injectors, since then I used to have some of the injectors going open circuit, I don't get them all at once, but usually I see injector 6 going open circuit.

These 2 days, I go WOT on the 2nd gear then to the 3rd gear reaching speed of 180 km/hr, after finishing the run, I noticed drop in power and sound of mis fire engine, even the S/C would go off (no warning on screen but i can notice the power and also no engagement of clutch). I got check engine light too.

I pulled out my scanner and I got injector 6 open circuit and also cylinder 6 mis fire, I tried to check what's going on, could not figure it out, later on when the car got cold,I started the car but the same symptoms again. Then i pushed and played a little bit on injector 6 plug and plug's wire, started the car back and it is fine.

While driving the car and going WOT before this incident, I sometimes got injector 3 or 4 open circuit but not a lot while i get injector 6 so often.

Anyone has experienced similar issues? I have the 550 cc red injectors.

Can someone give me any idea? solution?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:47 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by ahmad0658
Recently I installed the 550 cc injectors, since then I used to have some of the injectors going open circuit, I don't get them all at once, but usually I see injector 6 going open circuit.

These 2 days, I go WOT on the 2nd gear then to the 3rd gear reaching speed of 180 km/hr, after finishing the run, I noticed drop in power and sound of mis fire engine, even the S/C would go off (no warning on screen but i can notice the power and also no engagement of clutch). I got check engine light too.

I pulled out my scanner and I got injector 6 open circuit and also cylinder 6 mis fire, I tried to check what's going on, could not figure it out, later on when the car got cold,I started the car but the same symptoms again. Then i pushed and played a little bit on injector 6 plug and plug's wire, started the car back and it is fine.

While driving the car and going WOT before this incident, I sometimes got injector 3 or 4 open circuit but not a lot while i get injector 6 so often.

Anyone has experienced similar issues? I have the 550 cc red injectors.

Can someone give me any idea? solution?
make sure that the injector is seated fully, as well as the electronic connector is seated correctly. The connectors snap in and you will feel it connect.

I would not go WOT without fixing this issue....

I personally had 1 injector go bad (reds) and had to send it back after the car misfired and started to smoke. I pulled the plenum and noticed about 2" of fuel on top of the valve! Not good! Testing showed a bad injector, and it was replaced under warranty quickly.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brabus K8 E55 05
Thanx Jake for the information. I will double check the connections again and see how it goes.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:25 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by ahmad0658
Thanx Jake for the information. I will double check the connections again and see how it goes.
cool, let me know if you have any other issues. The connectors are very easy to not seat correctly. You will "feel" it connect!

It also might take the car a few minutes to see the change and start running right, I know mine did!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
05 E55 AMG, E320 CDI, Turbo E46 M3,IS300 2JZGTE,VQ35 Turbo Maxima, Mercedes 300D
Exactly what he said ... if it still shows open circuit, get a multimeter and measure resistance across the terminals of the injectors. They should measure around 8-10 ohms. If they are high, something is wrong.

Originally Posted by loungn14
make sure that the injector is seated fully, as well as the electronic connector is seated correctly. The connectors snap in and you will feel it connect.

I would not go WOT without fixing this issue....

I personally had 1 injector go bad (reds) and had to send it back after the car misfired and started to smoke. I pulled the plenum and noticed about 2" of fuel on top of the valve! Not good! Testing showed a bad injector, and it was replaced under warranty quickly.