Sponsored by:

DaimlerChrysler Employee Here...ask away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Ask him why I can't have a grey interior.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55, Mini S
What you should really do is ask him how many copies he wants because that is about all interns do. But I guess you may get to talk to him if you are filling in for the receptionist, as most interns are often utilizing their "expertise" in ways like this. And maybe you can actually get to drive the S600...if your bosses need someone to circle the block while they have a meeting.

Calling yourself an "employee"......LOL. Good luck. Your biggest concern should be how to hook with some of the Hotties working as interns on the Hill, especially in the offices of Southern Senators...mmmmmmm, good.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:51 AM

hmrdwn-
Thanks for such an enthusiastic reply. Actually, I was an intern on the Hill last summer and had my fair share of working with some fairly attractive young women. In the other department, I do a tad bit more then just be a secretary, I go to congressional meetings among other things.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:09 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55 Cab
hmrdwn: you are a complete idiot

turbo: can you ask him to fix my tele-aid so i don't have to talk MB every time I start the car(which it does now)

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:44 AM

CLK55, Mini S
Trock - an idiot would ask an intern to help fix his Teleaid on an internet chat room because his too big of moron to go to the dealer...oh, that would be you.

A moron like you, would not get the inside joke in my post.

Turbo - "I go to congressional meetings among other things." Yeah, I'm sure you do. LMAO.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:10 AM

hmrdwn-
If you don't believe me thats fine, I am really not worried about what you think, in addition I have no reason to lie about what I do at my internship. Have you ever heard the saying "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"? I think you should repeat that saying over and over in your head...might help you.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Out Of Control!

I feel a starting to build up here..
Old 06-04-2003, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Ask him how long it will be before MB kills off Chrysler and just keeps the infrastructure for expansion....like they did with Studebaker when they started their presence in the US.
Its been 3 years with no profits since the takeover and a billion buck loss just reported.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:29 AM

ima55r2-
From the way it's looking it shouldn't take too long... some numbers published today, MB sales are up 2.1% this May compared to last year, to 19,167 from 18,074. However, DaimlerChrysler as a whole is down 2.9%. Looks like Chrysler isn't pulling their weight in the merger.

However, on a different note, there have been papers found that state that prior to the merger, DaimlerBenz officals had considered it not a merger, but a takeover. However classifying it as a "merger" made them exempt from paying a takeover premium, so MB's plan may be to actually take over Chrysler...just in a sly way.

So the day may be sooner then you think...although unlikely, highly unlikely.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Turbo2

However, on a different note, there have been papers found that state that prior to the merger, DaimlerBenz officals had considered it not a merger, but a takeover. However classifying it as a "merger" made them exempt from paying a takeover premium, so MB's plan may be to actually take over Chrysler...just in a sly way.
Almost all mergers are takeovers.... that is, a merger is just the form of a deal. In reality, all acquistions usually involve one entity taking over another entity. All the players in the deal know who is really in control. Mergers are used because they can result in significant tax benefits and continuity. The "takeover premium" you are talking about is simply the premium a company would have to pay over the current value of a company's stock, however, it exists in mergers as well. You might be referring to the tax a company would have to pay if the deal was structured as a taxable transaction, however, I have yet to work on an M&A deal where the parties structured a deal as a taxable transaction. I believe some confuse the term "takeover" with the term "hostile takeover." The day of hostile takeovers are pretty much gone.

I'm pretty sure Daimler Benz acquired Chrysler using a merger as the form of the acquisition.

Last edited by Sleestack; 06-04-2003 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:51 PM

CLK55, Mini S
Turbo -
Nothing personal, but I have worked on and around the Hill for two decades and I have seen more interns than Bill Clinton has dreamed of. They all think they are going to be Senators or Congressmen someday...and they all think that they are going to get a lot of face time with the principles, which never happens, well, unless you are willing to show your thong...which I hope you aren't. Have a nice summer.

Old 06-04-2003, 02:07 PM

hmrdwn-
You just seemed to come off the wrong way. I in no way have an interest in being a Senator or Congressmen, being from the DC area I deal with it enough and not to mention a good family friend is a former Congressmen and I don't want to follow in his footsteps. However, working on Capitol Hill and in well known firms (such as DaimlerChrysler) are a good way to make contacts and add to your resume.

Im here trying to help give out information that I can access while at work...thats all. And NO, Im not showing them my thong, not that I wear one or anything.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I agree with hmrdwn on this one.....don't ask all these questions to an intern. Boo Hoo my keyless go doesn't work.....boo hoo I can't find a grey interior...boo hoo I have to play with myself to get laid (oops that last one was mine)!!! I'd rather hear about how many hotties Turbo2 has banged. Dude, give us the details....please!!! and don't tell me you've never tried to get it on with a hot co-worker!!

Hey....if anyone wants to ask me questions fire away...I'll give you some good answers!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 04:53 PM

Stiggs-
My kind of man! Im not going go into details, but I will say I have worked with some very attractive interns, seem like they always have boyfriends though (damn).

Details, huh??
Old 06-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Almost a Member!

My Question

Turbo 2-
Could you please ask him why the designo program isn't as involved in the us as in europe, like better colors besides the green gold called designo silver and the boring mocha paint. i would imagine that it would be very succesful since so many more people are into more custom cars these days. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Turbo2
but I will say I have worked with some very attractive interns, seem like they always have boyfriends though (damn).
Pls provide some pics of "Attractive Interns"!!
Old 06-04-2003, 06:47 PM

Porsche 997 Turbo
I don't know about the US but over here in Germany, ANY DC employee needs officialy approval if he wants to do what you do right now here.
I'd be careful if I were you but hey, what do I know?!
You even did them a great favor by posting where you work.

Before I get flamed: I'm just trying to help.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:12 PM

Porsche 997 C2S
Originally posted by Sleestack
Almost all mergers are takeovers.... that is, a merger is just the form of a deal. In reality, all acquistions usually involve one entity taking over another entity. All the players in the deal know who is really in control. Mergers are used because they can result in significant tax benefits and continuity. The "takeover premium" you are talking about is simply the premium a company would have to pay over the current value of a company's stock, however, it exists in mergers as well. You might be referring to the tax a company would have to pay if the deal was structured as a taxable transaction, however, I have yet to work on an M&A deal where the parties structured a deal as a taxable transaction. I believe some confuse the term "takeover" with the term "hostile takeover." The day of hostile takeovers are pretty much gone.

I'm pretty sure Daimler Benz acquired Chrysler using a merger as the form of the acquisition.
You sound like a corporate lawyer doing M&A in the bay area. Hope you weren't working at Brobeck!

So what I don't understand/know: why are the days of the hostile takeover gone? Is it Marty Lipton's famous poison pill?
Old 06-04-2003, 11:24 PM

KrispyK - just when this was turning into a respectably trashy thread, you had to go bring up the lawyers again.... lol

Old 06-05-2003, 12:40 AM
Almost a Member!

SL 55,S 55, M3,CL 55
If you could find out any info on SL 65- if it is coming to US,when ,thoughts on pricing
Old 06-05-2003, 08:40 AM

JamE55-
Only worked with hot ones last year ( and unfortunately didnt take any pics), the only other intern this year is a guy ...so no pics.

Rennteam-
On that note...I guess Ill just lay back then, thanks.

palbertr-
Ill see if I can find any info. for you.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:33 PM

2004 S55
Turbo2,

I always appreciate company employees taking time and effort to help out customers on boards like these. Here's a question I have seen different answers on: How many 211 E55s does MB expect to produce worldwide annually and how many of those will be for the US market? Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Old 06-05-2003, 11:51 PM

Jeff-
Ill try to do some research tomorrow and let you know what I find out.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:37 PM

2002 MB E55 AMG
Turbo2 - Ask him to see if he can make sure that Chrysler transmissions (DODGE = Dead On Driveway Gears Everywhere) don't go anywhere NEAR Benzes!

TJC
Old 06-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Almost a Member!

What about my question?

What about the designo program? why doesn't the us get the same customizing options like in europe. I was recently in europe and i picked up a brochure and i was shocked at all the different colors like mystic blue, yellow, and the vario colors. Also do you have any information on the availability of the granite trim on the cl class.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DaimlerChrysler Employee Here...ask away