W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 weeks until Texas mile; who`s going? (updates)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
5 weeks until Texas mile; who`s going? (updates)

Who all is coming out this year? Be good to meet and see any and all the members that can come out.

I have a 14 item Texas mile to do list for mods (CF5`s wont be on ths time) but came up with a few new ideas and scrambling to implement them. For me , the Bottom line will come down to if our car can get tuned and have the multiple tunes we need to get the job done. Most of all the parts are on the car or going on in the next few days but the race heads and other parts have to be tuned to race. The heads are going to be a huge plus at the mile, as we are pulling real hard all the way to the rev limitor now in M mode! Before , peak power was tapering off at 5800 range with stock heads and cam. At 180mph, I think we are at 5500 in 4th gear only. 188mph will be 6700 in 4th and should still be making near full HP VS a large drop after 6K last year.

Most the cars are trailored out but we will be driving the 160 mile to Beeville Tx , as we have a street car. lol

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-21-2011, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I wish you the best of luck. I might come in just to spectate and meet some people. Not sure yet. I wanted to make it but my car is not ready, still in the testing phase.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
I wish you the best of luck. I might come in just to spectate and meet some people. Not sure yet. I wanted to make it but my car is not ready, still in the testing phase.

I hear you on the testing phase. Sure would like to see your ride! Still have 5 weeks left.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-21-2011, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
When can we see dyno's from the heads?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Who all is coming out this year? Be good to meet and see any and all the members that can come out.

I have a 14 item Texas mile to do list for mods (CF5`s wont be on ths time) but came up with a few new ideas and scrambling to implement them. For me , the Bottom line will come down to if our car can get tuned and have the multiple tunes we need to get the job done. Most of all the parts are on the car or going on in the next few days but the race heads and other parts have to be tuned to race. The heads are going to be a huge plus at the mile, as we are pulling real hard all the way to the rev limitor now in M mode! Before , peak power was tapering off at 5800 range with stock heads and cam. At 180mph, I think we are at 5500 in 4th gear only. 188mph will be 6700 in 4th and should still be making near full HP VS a large drop after 6K last year.

Most the cars are trailored out but we will be driving the 160 mile to Beeville Tx , as we have a street car. lol
I can't wait for the event and to check out your ride! 190 or bust!

It is pretty cool to see everyones faces as we drive our cars into the event. At first they laugh but after the first pass the looks on their faces when they announce the speeds is priceless!

EC will be running a M5, C63, and E55!

come out to hang out! It is a blast!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
I wish! One day!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
When are we going to see some quarter mile times out of you???
Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
I just got back from racing at Bonneville a couple days ago, but would really like to get out to the Texas Mile and check out the action.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by AKnight55
When are we going to see some quarter mile times out of you???
One day. Until I dont feel comfortable she will not see the strip.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by loungn14
I can't wait for the event and to check out your ride! 190 or bust!

It is pretty cool to see everyones faces as we drive our cars into the event. At first they laugh but after the first pass the looks on their faces when they announce the speeds is priceless!

EC will be running a M5, C63, and E55!

come out to hang out! It is a blast!
You going to have the camper there again?

I'll be there at least 1 day.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by GT-ER
When can we see dyno's from the heads?

Pretty soon. It will be a lot of information, baselines, test and added mods. I dont like peice mailing things. So hang in there, working my A$$ of on this project. Need the tuners to catch up to me now.

Jake, maybe 185 or bust, lol.. Hard to find an extra 130-150 RWHP to gain that 10 mph on these baby twin screws. Only 4 working weekend until the mile now. I will be back wrenching, as soon as I leave the office tonight.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG

That's not right...you aren't going to gain only 8mph from 1,200rpms in 4th.

According to my calculations...you should be at 6,100rpm for 180mph and about 6400rpm for 188mph. I don't know how high you can rev your engine, but mine stops at 6,500rpm which = 192mph in 4th.

This is with a 2.65 final drive.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Pretty soon. It will be a lot of information, baselines, test and added mods. I dont like peice mailing things. So hang in there, working my A$$ of on this project. Need the tuners to catch up to me now.

Jake, maybe 185 or bust, lol.. Hard to find an extra 130-150 RWHP to gain that 10 mph on these baby twin screws. Only 4 working weekend until the mile now. I will be back wrenching, as soon as I leave the office tonight.
I can't wait!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:21 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
That's not right...you aren't going to gain only 8mph from 1,200rpms in 4th.

According to my calculations...you should be at 6,100rpm for 180mph and about 6400rpm for 188mph. I don't know how high you can rev your engine, but mine stops at 6,500rpm which = 192mph in 4th.

This is with a 2.65 final drive.
Dont get to **** now, it was a generalized statement based on general calcualtions over a year ago. I know I came up with 188mph in top of fourth at 6700 rpm at the time. It also seems about right , based on what I recall crossing the line at. again it was a long time ago. I dont want to hit 5th gear but will have to run numbers again. I was in 4th for a damn long time too. What a killer gear!!

Also, the 2 tunes that I need to have built for a shot at our goals ,, do not exsist yet.. Not even a close base to build from either. A few changes next week will make them easy to build/tune though and a ton of math calculations to set the base up with. Call them Texas mile 2 and 3tunes.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Dont get to **** now, it was a generalized statement based on general calcualtions over a year ago. I know I came up with 188mph in top of fourth at 6700 rpm at the time. It also seems about right , based on what I recall crossing the line at. again it was a long time ago. I dont want to hit 5th gear but will have to run numbers again. I was in 4th for a damn long time too. What a killer gear!!

Also, the 2 tunes that I need to have built for a shot at our goals ,, do not exsist yet.. Not even a close base to build from either. A few changes next week will make them easy to build/tune though and a ton of math calculations to set the base up with. Call them Texas mile 2 and 3tunes.
You shouldn't have any issues staying in 4th till the end, just let it redline and let off. I don't THINK you'll be doing more than 190...or do you think you will?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:08 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
You shouldn't have any issues staying in 4th till the end, just let it redline and let off. I don't THINK you'll be doing more than 190...or do you think you will?
No E55 will go 192 MPH in 4th gear period with stock gearing and tires( @ 6500 rpm). If you would like to put up your math, then I will tell you were the mistake was made. Hint: There is more to it than final drive ratio.

My goal right now is to get the mods on, get the tunes I need, hope the final parts make it in time, good weather and then make it to the track (driving 160 miles)..

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
No E55 will go 192 MPH in 4th gear period with stock gearing and tires( @ 6500 rpm). If you would like to put up your math, then I will tell you were the mistake was made. Hint: There is more to it than final drive ratio.

My goal right now is to get the mods on, get the tunes I need, hope the final parts make it in time, good weather and then make it to the track (driving 160 miles)..
I'm not talking about an E55...but a CL55. I used a 265/40/18 tire ( stock CL tire size ), a 2.65 final drive ratio, a 1.00 4th gear ratio, and a 6500rpm rev limit.

Input these values and you get 192mph in 4th gear:

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

If one of my numbers is wrong then correct me on it.

EDIT: I found out the final drive is apparently 2.82 not 2.65...my bad. It would top out at 181mph not 192.

Last edited by GT-ER; 09-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
You going to have the camper there again?

I'll be there at least 1 day.
yup! Rolling in thurs and bailing on sunday afternoon

gotta aim high , expecially with super special driver mod! I hope we can all add to our shirt collection!

either way will be a blast!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
I'm not talking about an E55...but a CL55. I used a 265/40/18 tire ( stock CL tire size ), a 2.65 final drive ratio, a 1.00 4th gear ratio, and a 6500rpm rev limit.

Input these values and you get 192mph in 4th gear:

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

If one of my numbers is wrong then correct me on it. But the calculator doesn't lie.
This thread is about "who`s going to the mile and a quick generalized update of our car". I have given away more PRE-information on my set up for the mile,,, than any other person or tuner that will be running an AMG in this event. I dont think anyone else has said a word. Being that I am more than happy to share my inforamtion in detail,, your GENERAL formula from F- body is correct but it does not allow for tire deflection and most of all drive train slippage % from the torque converter.

BTW, I am not going extend you the same ROFL and ***** SLAP signs you put making fun of my post. Not my style.

The mile is a very tough event, when running 180 mph or over. Every detail has to be exact and nothing taken for granted. the CL or E55 will have to shift into 5th to hit 190 mph. New calculations will have to made made, to decide how to deal with that shift event. Based on Dyno sheets, rpm drop from 4th to 5th, it maybe a none issue. It may mean a gear ratio change to stay in 4th longer. Working on the power side right now though.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-21-2011, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
This thread is about "who`s going to the mile and a quick generalized update of our car". I have given away more PRE-information on my set up for the mile,,, than any other person or tuner that will be running an AMG in this event. I dont think anyone else has said a word. Being that I am more than happy to share my inforamtion in detail,, your GENERAL formula from F- body is correct but it does not allow for tire deflection and most of all drive train slippage % from the torque converter.

BTW, I am not going extend you the same ROFL and ***** SLAP signs you put making fun of my post. Not my style.

The mile is a very tough event, when running 180 mph or over. Every detail has to be exact and nothing taken for granted. the CL or E55 will have to shift into 5th to hit 190 mph. New calculations will have to made made, to decide how to deal with that shift event. Based on Dyno sheets, rpm drop from 4th to 5th, it maybe a none issue. It may mean a gear ratio change to stay in 4th longer. Working on the power side right now though.
You took the slap in the face icon in the wrong way...I was just messing with ya. Didn't think you'd take it personal. Heck, you have more ***** than most people do here so trust me that I LOVE your topics. No disrespect meant from the icon.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
You took the slap in the face icon in the wrong way...I was just messing with ya. Didn't think you'd take it personal. Heck, you have more ***** than most people do here so trust me that I LOVE your topics. No disrespect meant from the icon.
Wow, it's uncommon to see such an adult response on the forum. I think they should get rid of the smilies all together, they don't always convey what people are really trying to get across. On topic, I hate all of you who are going to the mile this year! We're still finishing up the car and won't be able to take it down and get it tuned in time to make it. I wish you guys the best of luck, now go tell me what you break so I can fix the weak link.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
Originally Posted by Flight Test
I just got back from racing at Bonneville a couple days ago, but would really like to get out to the Texas Mile and check out the action.
I'm in and maybe I can even get Flight Test to bring that turbo sofa out too.

Just going to watch a few friends run. One of my favorite events of the year.
Always a a good crowd and fast rides!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PACougar
Wow, it's uncommon to see such an adult response on the forum. I think they should get rid of the smilies all together, they don't always convey what people are really trying to get across. On topic, I hate all of you who are going to the mile this year! We're still finishing up the car and won't be able to take it down and get it tuned in time to make it. I wish you guys the best of luck, now go tell me what you break so I can fix the weak link.
I mean no harm.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:36 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by loungn14
yup! Rolling in thurs and bailing on sunday afternoon

gotta aim high , expecially with super special driver mod! I hope we can all add to our shirt collection!

either way will be a blast!
Jake, so you shipping your car down? What E55 you all bringing out , if yours does not make it? Is that Clint`s C63 coming out?

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-22-2011, 11:42 AM
SPONSOR

Jake, so you shipping your car down? What E55 you all bringing out , if yours does not make it? Is that Clint`s C63 coming out?
we have a pretty big trick up our sleeve! Decided to go with a 55 that no one has seen and is all dressed for the occasion. Might even give you a run for your money

yup that is clints C63 that is going to run!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 5 weeks until Texas mile; who`s going? (updates)