W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kleemann headers vs Eurocharged LTH ... much power difference?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Kleemann headers vs Eurocharged LTH ... much power difference?

I am on the fence about which headers to go with; they are very strict here with emissions, but at the same time, I've been reading that Kleemann mid lengths vs EC long tubes aren't that much of a power difference, maybe 10-15rw.

I am curious for those with one or the other, what made you choose the Kleemann or EC?

Help me make my decision!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
This one's a little interesting as I'm running Kleemans (no cats, x pipe) AND I just got my notice to get my emissions done so I'm wondering if I'm going to pass (probably will go this afternoon). Here's my take: the Kleemans are great but the EC LTs are also great stuff that has been tested and proven by members on this board - can't go wrong with either...I chose Kleemans because there's a member on this board (who will remain nameless-WHAT UP CHARLIE that can't leave anything alone so I get all his left overs...That being said, if you're going to run cats - Kleemans; no cats - EC....as far as performance, I think headers should be the first mod, then pulley (or both at the same time with a tune)....the Kleemans alone (with a box tune no pulley) cut .4 secs and added 4-5mph to my 1/4 times...adding the pulley means you will no longer be able to run street tire from a dig but up top.....HOLY ****!!!!!! (I don't even turn off my ac anymore if someone wants to run....I would expect similar, if not better results with the LT's....
Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Nice.

Don't the Kleemanns still delete the primaries though? I just don't want to go with Kleemanns or the like and then later think I should have gone with LTs. My main concern is from the research I've done and people I've spoken with, it seems like the power difference between two isn't all that much (+/- 10-15rw), and the price difference is fairly susbtantial.

I'd be curious what your emissions results will be with the Kleemann's ... your cats are deleted, correct? Please let me know!

PS Took my car, not only did Eddie bled the system and top off the coolant, but he added the -10C STAR mod, too! What a guy, awesome customer service!

Once I decide on headers, gotta figure out the pulley setup(168 or 172, I don't know which yet) and tune(Kleemann tune if I get their pulley and headers or dyno tune by Jeremy or Jerry), then off to Elite again!

BTW, what kind of numbers are you putting down with your car? I'd to see how that thing pulls..
Old 09-27-2011, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
my car with kleemanns!!! got torque ?

Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I've just read on the forum about the Kleemann's being poorly built and build quality isn't exactly top notch unlike some of the stainless headers on the market (e.g. EC, MBH etc).

Something about the Kleemann runners being clogged? Is this true?

scratch, looks like your car put down good numbers with the Kleemann headers. Any feedback about the build quality etc. of the headers? Thank you.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
I've just read on the forum about the Kleemann's being poorly built and build quality isn't exactly top notch unlike some of the stainless headers on the market (e.g. EC, MBH etc).

Something about the Kleemann runners being clogged? Is this true?

scratch, looks like your car put down good numbers with the Kleemann headers. Any feedback about the build quality etc. of the headers? Thank you.
I dont know about that as mine are fine and are def not clogged

If I were to do it all over again I would pick kleemanns again for sure
Old 09-27-2011, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Dont know how much HP difference there is with shorties vs LTH's on the E55's. I know LTH's will yield more power though.

Only reason why I'm hesitant to go with LTH's are strict emission laws in CA.

Trending Topics

Old 09-27-2011, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Only reason why I'm hesitant to go with LTH's are strict emission laws in CA.

Same here, man..I've heard from friends with other car makes that are modded to hell that most emission places do visual checks now, too...they never did that before! ..
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
EC headers will be an easy 20-25 hp over the klees.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
Nice.

Don't the Kleemanns still delete the primaries though? I just don't want to go with Kleemanns or the like and then later think I should have gone with LTs. My main concern is from the research I've done and people I've spoken with, it seems like the power difference between two isn't all that much (+/- 10-15rw), and the price difference is fairly susbtantial.

I'd be curious what your emissions results will be with the Kleemann's ... your cats are deleted, correct? Please let me know!

PS Took my car, not only did Eddie bled the system and top off the coolant, but he added the -10C STAR mod, too! What a guy, awesome customer service!

Once I decide on headers, gotta figure out the pulley setup(168 or 172, I don't know which yet) and tune(Kleemann tune if I get their pulley and headers or dyno tune by Jeremy or Jerry), then off to Elite again!

BTW, what kind of numbers are you putting down with your car? I'd to see how that thing pulls..
Price difference?? Arent they both about $1,500? Id go for the longs tubes, that way you wont have any regrets.. Nobody goes from LTs to shorties, but ive seen people go form shorties to LTs.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
here look at this thread

http://www.**************.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14217
Old 09-27-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Stage 3 63
Hey

I had kleemann then changed to eurocharged LT headers

You can feel the difference between them

Acid
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Price difference?? Arent they both about $1,500? Id go for the longs tubes, that way you wont have any regrets.. Nobody goes from LTs to shorties, but ive seen people go form shorties to LTs.

True.

Well, the group buy price is $1,625, or around that range. The Eurocharged website has them listed for $2,199 Nice savings!

I will be going to LTs, the decision has been made
Old 09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
I wonder how much more custom "Bramage" headers will yield.. I guess Ill find out soon.

My current torque curve looks just like Skatch's .. These are with PLM. Long Tubes going on Saturday, and we will see what that does to things.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Nice.

Nice - those guys really to take care of their customers. . . . Yeah - all of my cats are gone (if I had to do it again, I would have kept the primary cats) - I believe there is an option to keep both your primary and secondary cats with the Kleemanns. . . just got back from emissions - passed with flying colors - took 3 minutes - just did an OBD reading (which Kleemann made sure read norma - EC can do the same for youl and got my paper....they did a visual inspection but really - its a MB - who expects you to mod the system - long tubes may be a little more obvious....From a performance standpoint - right around 500whp (but I've learned that dynos are great for tuning and calibrating but real world application of that power depends on a lot of things - like drivers skill and drag radials)

Not necessarily true - I know someone who has had more than one modded 211 55 and he said if he had to do it again - he'd go shorty/mid rather than LT's....

Last edited by motorkas; 09-27-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
You can make kleemanns into long tubes.all you need to do is have a shop fab up a mod section.
Loco ran 10s with kleemanns and 180 pulley.i doubt lts will gain 20whp over my setup.look at my topend im pulling to rev limiter and show no signs of top end chocking out.if i had a 185 pulley i would make 530whp

Last edited by skratch77; 09-27-2011 at 05:44 PM.