Sponsored by:

63 Hidden features/Menu.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
Lightbulb 63 Hidden features/Menu.

I read all the hidden features/menu's for the 55's.
Now I want to find all the hiddem stuff for the 63's.

I have found a few of the 55's hidden menus and tricks to work but lots of them do not work and some work but you need to press different buttons on the 63's. Can anyone please ad to my list of hidden menus'/tricks/Features of the 63's?Please correct me if I am wrong or edit as needed.This will help others in future searches.

*Sneaky ECU Reset: Does not seem to work on 07 E63?

* Dyno Mode: Turn key to ACC positon,or press keyless go 1 time.scroll to outside TEMP/MPH screen and then press the ODO button 3 times fast.
Then select + on the dynometer screen to activate DYNO mode. When finished simply turning the key off did not turn off DYNO mode.I have to select - to turn it back off.

* A/C controls hidden menu: Hold the AUTO button on left side for 10 seconds or display of menu shows up.There is 0-99 features here to be changed. These do not match up to the 55 cars menu's.Please add what you know about any of what these correspond to and if there is a away to return back to default in the event somebody messes with them.

* When you first start you E63 up, the COMAND system displays the 'STAR symbol. Well if you'd prefer to see
the 'AMG' logo instead, then just do the following:
Turn ignition key to position 1 or 2.
2. Turn on Command.
3. Turn to Radio.
4. Press 5 (continue holding and wait 1 second).
5. Press 3 (continue to hold along with 5 key and wait 1 second).
6. Press 7 (continue to hold along with 5 and 3 keys and wait about 3 seconds).
7. A menu should appear. Scroll down and select "AMG211_ECE" option.
8. Switch off ignition, remove key and leave about 5 minutes before turning on again

*While driving - You can close all the windows + sunroof by holding the recycle air button.
If you press it one more time back to fresh air mode, the windows + sunroof will open back up
to what you had it set on before.
This is tunnel mode.

* Summer Mode: Aim the remote at the sensor on the drivers side door handle, press unlock once, release,
then press and hold it for several seconds. All 4 windows and the sunroow will open. To close everything,
press lock once, release, then hold the lock button down.
If you release the button, all of the windows/sunroof will stop moving.

* the iPod integration kit manual, and you *should* be able to do this by hitting "aux" once the iPod is connected,
and then you can scroll to the iPod menu (it should appear in the small cluster display below the speedo)
via the paging buttons on the steering wheel.
To get to the different menus once there, you're supposed to use your little phone buttons to navigate. I'll quote:
NOTE
Depending on the active menu there are up to four possible actions available:
1. press (up arrow) or (down arrow) to scroll to another item within a menu
2. press (phone off hook) once to select a menu item
3. press and hold (phone off hook) to jump to the first song in a given list
4. press (phone on hook) to switch back to previous menu.
It supposedly allows you to shuffle songs, use playists, artists, albums, songs, genres,
composers, audiobooks,
and podcasts.

*(VERIFIED)? the mod for the cigarette lighter. I have not verified this, but as I understand the fuse can be switched
d to an adjacent position (15-14 I think) to switch the cigarette lighter from switched
with ignition to electrified all the time.

* SBC for the brakes I do not think is for the 63's?

* 1,3,8 key function for Service CD prep
Hold down 1,3,8 just after COMAND is turned on without a CD in the drive and the COMAND will be
in "auto update" mode ready for a service CD to be inserted.
What a service CD is ... I am not sure !!?? but I guess firmware upgrades for the AGW, Central
Gateway and COMAND. The NAV firmware in our car can only be upgraded from the boot/trunk DVD drive.

* Window roll down and up from outside with keyless go
To roll down:
Press and hold the lock button on the outside of the door handle. Without letting it go, now press
and hold the unlock button on the back of the handle. All the windows and sunroof will go down while
you are holding it and the driver side seat ventilator will come on. Sometimes I have to press the
unlock twice to get it to work. Really nice in the summer.
To roll up:
Press and hold the lock button on the outside of the door handle. All windows and sunroof will go
up while you are holding it.

* (VERIFIED)? Engine cooling, DIY on how to increase fan speed
Go into the AC fan menu
go to option 10 and turn up the fan speed on the AC rad.
use the right side temp buttons and press the temp increase button to go upto 99.
You put both sides on 72 degrees and hold the rest button for five seconds.
1) Started the car
2) Set both front AC banks to 72
3) Held rest for 5 seconds
4) Selected option 10 on the left
5) Turned the right number up to 66-99
If you do the above settings, and press and hold the "0"/off button for about a few seconds then
exit the menu with the AC rest button prior to turning off the ignition, the settings will stay.
If you turn off the ignition in the midst of being in the menu, the settings will reset.
And Option 20 seems to be the thermotronic LCD display brightness instead of whatever the have put
in the forums. What I don't understand is that the settings can go from 0-99 then beyond that is
a number with a small block like this -> "00", "01".
It seems to be like a number 1 the is representing.
But why wouldn't they just put a 1 instead of a ? When it hits "01" the setting is super bright
but the night auto dimming doesn't work.

I cant get this to work,Does the side mirror tilt for reverese in 63's?
* Passenger side mirror auto adjustment while in Reverse can be disabled by toggling the Left/Right
mirror selectors. Not sure, which is which - but next time while in reverse, tap the L/R mirror buttons.
First you have to set the position of the mirror when in reverse. Then, when you want it down,
the passenger side mirror must be selected on the mirror adjustment buttons when backing up.

Please add/edit as needed.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
The side mirror does tilt and the passenger side is the forward button. It took me a while to realize that you have to leave it selected.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,352 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
wow, 'tunnel mode'....
awesome!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
No SBC, thank goodness
Old 10-12-2011, 03:55 PM

94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
I cant get the side mirror to tilt in reverse.What am I doing wrong here?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
I cant get the side mirror to tilt in reverse.What am I doing wrong here?
Have you had the passenger mirror button selected, car in reverse, and then adjusted the mirror to the tilt position..??
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
No SBC, thank goodness
+1
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 PM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
I'm going to tinkle with the AC menu. I knew about dyno mode, and all the window and hold rest buttons.

I'll keep you guys posted in a bit.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 PM

94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by citylightva
Have you had the passenger mirror button selected, car in reverse, and then adjusted the mirror to the tilt position..??

Yes, and no dice. I set the right mirror in park,then set the right mirror in reverse.Put it back in park and left the switch set to the right mirror and moved it from park to reveres many times and nothing.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon
Yes, and no dice. I set the right mirror in park,then set the right mirror in reverse.Put it back in park and left the switch set to the right mirror and moved it from park to reveres many times and nothing.
I couldn't get it to work too, I talked to the dealer, it works now, I do not know what they did. This feature it definitely there.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't take this is me being a smart a**, just double checking, but you enabled reverse tilt in the dash menu right..?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
I read all the hidden features/menu's for the 55's.
Now I want to find all the hiddem stuff for the 63's.

I have found a few of the 55's hidden menus and tricks to work but lots of them do not work and some work but you need to press different buttons on the 63's. Can anyone please ad to my list of hidden menus'/tricks/Features of the 63's?Please correct me if I am wrong or edit as needed.This will help others in future searches.

*Sneaky ECU Reset: Does not seem to work on 07 E63?

* Dyno Mode: Turn key to ACC positon,or press keyless go 1 time.scroll to outside TEMP/MPH screen and then press the ODO button 3 times fast.
Then select + on the dynometer screen to activate DYNO mode. When finished simply turning the key off did not turn off DYNO mode.I have to select - to turn it back off.

* A/C controls hidden menu: Hold the AUTO button on left side for 10 seconds or display of menu shows up.There is 0-99 features here to be changed. These do not match up to the 55 cars menu's.Please add what you know about any of what these correspond to and if there is a away to return back to default in the event somebody messes with them.

* When you first start you E63 up, the COMAND system displays the 'STAR symbol. Well if you'd prefer to see
the 'AMG' logo instead, then just do the following:
Turn ignition key to position 1 or 2.
2. Turn on Command.
3. Turn to Radio.
4. Press 5 (continue holding and wait 1 second).
5. Press 3 (continue to hold along with 5 key and wait 1 second).
6. Press 7 (continue to hold along with 5 and 3 keys and wait about 3 seconds).
7. A menu should appear. Scroll down and select "AMG211_ECE" option.
8. Switch off ignition, remove key and leave about 5 minutes before turning on again

*While driving - You can close all the windows + sunroof by holding the recycle air button.
If you press it one more time back to fresh air mode, the windows + sunroof will open back up
to what you had it set on before.
This is tunnel mode.

* Summer Mode: Aim the remote at the sensor on the drivers side door handle, press unlock once, release,
then press and hold it for several seconds. All 4 windows and the sunroow will open. To close everything,
press lock once, release, then hold the lock button down.
If you release the button, all of the windows/sunroof will stop moving.

* the iPod integration kit manual, and you *should* be able to do this by hitting "aux" once the iPod is connected,
and then you can scroll to the iPod menu (it should appear in the small cluster display below the speedo)
via the paging buttons on the steering wheel.
To get to the different menus once there, you're supposed to use your little phone buttons to navigate. I'll quote:
NOTE
Depending on the active menu there are up to four possible actions available:
1. press (up arrow) or (down arrow) to scroll to another item within a menu
2. press (phone off hook) once to select a menu item
3. press and hold (phone off hook) to jump to the first song in a given list
4. press (phone on hook) to switch back to previous menu.
It supposedly allows you to shuffle songs, use playists, artists, albums, songs, genres,
composers, audiobooks,
and podcasts.

*(VERIFIED)? the mod for the cigarette lighter. I have not verified this, but as I understand the fuse can be switched
d to an adjacent position (15-14 I think) to switch the cigarette lighter from switched
with ignition to electrified all the time.

* SBC for the brakes I do not think is for the 63's?

* 1,3,8 key function for Service CD prep
Hold down 1,3,8 just after COMAND is turned on without a CD in the drive and the COMAND will be
in "auto update" mode ready for a service CD to be inserted.
What a service CD is ... I am not sure !!?? but I guess firmware upgrades for the AGW, Central
Gateway and COMAND. The NAV firmware in our car can only be upgraded from the boot/trunk DVD drive.

* Window roll down and up from outside with keyless go
To roll down:
Press and hold the lock button on the outside of the door handle. Without letting it go, now press
and hold the unlock button on the back of the handle. All the windows and sunroof will go down while
you are holding it and the driver side seat ventilator will come on. Sometimes I have to press the
unlock twice to get it to work. Really nice in the summer.
To roll up:
Press and hold the lock button on the outside of the door handle. All windows and sunroof will go
up while you are holding it.

* (VERIFIED)? Engine cooling, DIY on how to increase fan speed
Go into the AC fan menu
go to option 10 and turn up the fan speed on the AC rad.
use the right side temp buttons and press the temp increase button to go upto 99.
You put both sides on 72 degrees and hold the rest button for five seconds.
1) Started the car
2) Set both front AC banks to 72
3) Held rest for 5 seconds
4) Selected option 10 on the left
5) Turned the right number up to 66-99
If you do the above settings, and press and hold the "0"/off button for about a few seconds then
exit the menu with the AC rest button prior to turning off the ignition, the settings will stay.
If you turn off the ignition in the midst of being in the menu, the settings will reset.
And Option 20 seems to be the thermotronic LCD display brightness instead of whatever the have put
in the forums. What I don't understand is that the settings can go from 0-99 then beyond that is
a number with a small block like this -> "00", "01".
It seems to be like a number 1 the is representing.
But why wouldn't they just put a 1 instead of a ? When it hits "01" the setting is super bright
but the night auto dimming doesn't work.

I cant get this to work,Does the side mirror tilt for reverese in 63's?
* Passenger side mirror auto adjustment while in Reverse can be disabled by toggling the Left/Right
mirror selectors. Not sure, which is which - but next time while in reverse, tap the L/R mirror buttons.
First you have to set the position of the mirror when in reverse. Then, when you want it down,
the passenger side mirror must be selected on the mirror adjustment buttons when backing up.

Please add/edit as needed.
Some very cool things here on your list that I knew NOT existed. Had an 07 and now 09, should now read the owner's manual!!! Please keep 'em coming, LOL.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:57 AM

A couple toys
Thanks!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM

94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
Don't take this is me being a smart a**, just double checking, but you enabled reverse tilt in the dash menu right..?
Ha Ha Ha I did not do that.I didnt even see that option in the cluster menu. I will go look right now! This is some funny **** if thats what I forgot to do.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HHmmm I drove the truck today or I'd go see where it was and let you know...Somewhere under vehicle settings or convenience... That menu is what got me all confused, because I enabled it and it still wouldn't work because I didn't realize you had to have that mirror selected
Old 10-13-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63s 1993 mazda rx7 on Boost
Do we have a hidden option for folding mirrors when parked?

I think we should of had folding mirrors on a car at this level or do we and I just dont know how too.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sunil517
I think we should of had folding mirrors on a car at this level or do we and I just dont know how too.
No folding...There aren't any motors...
Old 10-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63s 1993 mazda rx7 on Boost
A friend of had a Canadian E500 no sure year and his folded

His car also has wheels that I never saw in the US and was OEM.
Do the Canadian cars have Euro package.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 AM

2009 E63
signing up.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:26 PM

2009 E63
I tried the command for the star radio but no success, turning device on then going to radio, pressing 5,3 and 7 like specified but nothing.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 PM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Originally Posted by Gus83
I tried the command for the star radio but no success, turning device on then going to radio, pressing 5,3 and 7 like specified but nothing.
It's very tricky. Fortunately for me I did this on my e350 so It was quite simple on the AMG. Keep at it I know you can do it, I still can't explain how I did it but I know I did!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 AM

2007 E63
Good stuff, what exactly is in the hidden A/C menu?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:28 PM

94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
HHmmm I drove the truck today or I'd go see where it was and let you know...Somewhere under vehicle settings or convenience... That menu is what got me all confused, because I enabled it and it still wouldn't work because I didn't realize you had to have that mirror selected

Please guide me,I cant find the tilt mirror settings anywhere in the cluster menus.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please guide me,I cant find the tilt mirror settings anywhere in the cluster menus.
Hey Jug,

I'll write it out exactly when I get home...Car is in the garage waiting to get cam adjusters fixed on Wednesday...It's in the vehicle settings page under Convenience, and it's something like Mirror Park Assist or Reverse Mirror Park Assist...

I'll snap some pics when I get home though..
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by infantry
It's very tricky. Fortunately for me I did this on my e350 so It was quite simple on the AMG. Keep at it I know you can do it, I still can't explain how I did it but I know I did!
That's exactly what I was thinking...I dicked around with it for a while and suddenly got it right, but I couldn't tell someone even with a gun to my head

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 63 Hidden features/Menu.