W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

KLEEMANN E55 header special pricing!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
i paid 400 to install my headers weld them, do my motor mounts and my tranny mounts...
Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Which part of LA area are you ? I paid $500 to install almost 3 years ago. This header is not too loud until you really step the pedal hard. I love my set up and I think it's perfect even with kids. Just don't remove the resonator... too loud for my taste. (My CLK55 without resonator)
I have resonator delete already, previous owner did it.

I am in Glendale/Burbank/Pasadena area.

any exhaust fumes?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 129 Likes on 98 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Just don't remove the resonator... too loud for my taste. (My CLK55 without resonator)
The resonator on these cars has very little to do with loudness. There is barely any sound deadening material in the stock resonator. Deleting the resonator adds zero to volume - the pitch of the sound will change, makes it more burbly/throaty, but to the unfamiliar ear, a person wouldn't be able to tell the difference between stock and resonator-delete only car.

The volume increases when you start deleting the cats/swapping to different mufflers.

When I deleted the resonator only (rest of the system was stock), I could barely notice a change. As mentioned, slightly deeper tone like a V8 should sound, but nothing shattering. Once I swapped for the C63 mufflers, things got significantly louder.

I decided I needed more noise, so I deleted the secondaries and replaced with mandrel bend piping straight piped back into the C63 mufflers. That's when things get ... wake-up-neighbor on cold starts loudness.

Point is, resonator does little to nothing on these cars - C63 cars gain much more noise than we do.

Originally Posted by trev0006
any exhaust fumes?
Any time you delete cats, you will start getting fumes. If you leave your secondaries in place, the Kleemanns with primaries deleted won't be that bad. If you delete the secondaries and have a free flowing system all the way back, you will definitely have a good amount of fumes.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
07 E63
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
The resonator on these cars has very little to do with loudness. There is barely any sound deadening material in the stock resonator. Deleting the resonator adds zero to volume - the pitch of the sound will change, makes it more burbly/throaty, but to the unfamiliar ear, a person wouldn't be able to tell the difference between stock and resonator-delete only car. The volume increases when you start deleting the cats/swapping to different mufflers. When I deleted the resonator only (rest of the system was stock), I could barely notice a change. As mentioned, slightly deeper tone like a V8 should sound, but nothing shattering. Once I swapped for the C63 mufflers, things got significantly louder. I decided I needed more noise, so I deleted the secondaries and replaced with mandrel bend piping straight piped back into the C63 mufflers. That's when things get ... wake-up-neighbor on cold starts loudness. Point is, resonator does little to nothing on these cars - C63 cars gain much more noise than we do. Any time you delete cats, you will start getting fumes. If you leave your secondaries in place, the Kleemanns with primaries deleted won't be that bad. If you delete the secondaries and have a free flowing system all the way back, you will definitely have a good amount of fumes.
Lol,Removing the resonators has a HUGE impact on how loud these cars are. I almost returned my GT exhaust because it was too quiet, until I removed my resonators... Night and day difference, my car is twice as loud.

You are correct about fumes once the cats are removed, it's horrible. My M3 was catless... Traffic and stop lights sucked at times. I'll never do it again. I would just buy high flow cats or leave stock ones on.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by FromM3toAMG
Lol,Removing the resonators has a HUGE impact on how loud these cars are. I almost returned my GT exhaust because it was too quiet, until I removed my resonators... Night and day difference, my car is twice as loud.
Our discussion (this entire thread) is about the E55 cars (different motor, exhaust system etc.).

You own an E63, I own an E55.

The resonator does little to nothing on E55s. I deleted my resonator and straight piped into the mufflers and barely noticed the increase (negligible at best) in volume.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:06 AM

07 E63
Our discussion (this entire thread) is about the E55 cars (different motor, exhaust system etc.). You own an E63, I own an E55. The resonator does little to nothing on E55s. I deleted my resonator and straight piped into the mufflers and barely noticed the increase (negligible at best) in volume.
Say what.. The 55 is different from the 63?... That's news to me.. This whole time I thought the 63 on my car was a typo.. Crazy world we live in.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
This thread has NOTHING to do any of the 63 motors.

Reading comprehension > you
Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63

Wrong car, buddy This thread has nothing to do about E63s.

My cousin did a resonator delete on his E55 and to be honest, there was no change at all

Anyway Back on topic ...

I installed the Kleemanns about two years ago and they are an awesome header. The quality was great and the sound is just perfect now on my car, just have the Kleemanns with primary cats deleted and C63 cans.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 AM

07 E63
This thread has NOTHING to do any of the 63 motors. Reading comprehension > you
My goodness, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Side note:
My past two post are me mocking your attempt to talk down to me like I don't know the difference between the two cars. I was simply stating an opinion based on my experience with e55, your condescending posts were not needed.

Good day sir.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 AM

07 E63
Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
Wrong car, buddy This thread has nothing to do about E63s. My cousin did a resonator delete on his E55 and to be honest, there was no change at all Anyway Back on topic ... I installed the Kleemanns about two years ago and they are an awesome header. The quality was great and the sound is just perfect now on my car, just have the Kleemanns with primary cats deleted and C63 cans.
Ok co-signer.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Neither of my posts are condescending at all, my apologies if you took it that way. Your experience is wrong as the resonator delete does not do the same thing as it does on the 63 cars, which your initial post was obviously referring to since you're an E63 owner. Misinformation is all over the internet. My posts were never meant as spiteful, just clearing your misinformed post is all.

Again, the resonator does not do anything to the E55s - if your experience was different, there was more done to the exhaust system of the E55.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63
like I don't know the difference between the two cars. .

You sure about that?

This thread is ONLY ABOUT E55 and NOT YOUR E63.

Having said that, here's what you said above in your first post:

You drive an E63, right? So why would you comment that it has a huge impact on the E55? hhmmmmmm
And you obviously do not have experience with the E55 because if you did, you'd know it the resonator deletion does basically nothing as far as loudness of the car.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Ok co-signer.

Maybe it's time to go back to the BMW world
Old 03-05-2014, 10:33 AM

07 E63
Neither of my posts are condescending at all, my apologies if you took it that way. Your experience is wrong as the resonator delete does not do the same thing as it does on the 63 cars, which your initial post was obviously referring to since you're an E63 owner. Misinformation is all over the internet. My posts were never meant as spiteful, just clearing your misinformed post is all. Again, the resonator does not do anything to the E55s - if your experience was different, there was more done to the exhaust system of the E55.
I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, which I clearly was. I just take offense to being talked down to. You clearly were, you can sugar coat it all you want. But it's ok, unfortunately it's common with this forum.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
You sure about that?

This thread is ONLY ABOUT E55 and NOT YOUR E63.

Having said that, here's what you said above in your first post:

You drive an E63, right? So why would you comment that it has a huge impact on the E55? hhmmmmmm
And you obviously do not have experience with the E55 because if you did, you'd know it the resonator deletion does basically nothing as far as loudness of the car.

Leave him alone, man, he's still learning

All in good fun, don't get too bent over for this.

FromM3toAMG-
I honestly was not talking down to you, just trying to understand why the E63 was brought into the conversation. Again, my apologies if it sounded offensive.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 AM

07 E63
Maybe it's time to go back to the BMW world
Trust me id love to if the cars weren't slow. Lol
Old 03-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Banned

Thanks for the feedback guys, I would have to agree the resonator delete didn't make the car much louder which is the way I want to keep it.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:27 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
W212 E63 AMG S Model
Originally Posted by berti_00
i paid 400 to install my headers weld them, do my motor mounts and my tranny mounts...
Wow, that's a steal price! Why don't we have shops like that around here?