W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

New E55 AMG Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:04 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Thanks Sok! My newest play toy is a Dakota with a smallblock and 76mm turbo! That thing haulssss!!

And to close the book on the trunzx issue, I know I was quoted and editing my reply wouldn't to hide anything, but rather be sarcastic at best! I have been on forums for many, many years. The "search" reply is not new much less unique, and is always with a sarcastic undertone. But I guess if you don't have an answer to a question, that is the best reply to post!

Thanks to everyone who helped out. I love the car and am learning new things every time I drive it!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
See you are in houston, might want to connect with Shardul and the rest of the houston crew, as well as Eurocharged.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge
Hello Everyone! Well, as of Sat, I am a new owner of a 2005 E55 AMG. I got it with 51,000 miles and a 45,000 mile warrenty.

[snip]

1. What should a bone stock one run?
2. Is there a way to check the oil via dipstick or is it all through sensors?
3. I have a key that starts the car, but the door lock functions don't work. Is there a battery inside the key and how does it come apart?
4. How do you program the door opener on the rear view mirror? I did it according to the directions, but no joy.
5. How the heck do you store a radio station setting?
6. Is there any other power outlet besides the cig lighter and the one in the rear center console? (for cell phone charger)
7. How do you remove the water stains on the glass?
8. What are the rims made of and how do you get the slight pitting out of them?

Im sure I will have more questions, but would love any tips, free mods, tricks and help!

Thanks!
Some answers:

2. The dipstick is a service tool which you can buy from the dealer or order online. You cannot drive around with it in place, it's only for use in the garage. There is a capped tube at the back of the engine.

Have your figured out how to go into dyno mode to get the oil level reading in quarts? Search is your friend here...

4. For some reason the homelink is a pain to program on the 211 chassis cars. I've had the same basic setup on several other MB models with no difficulty, but both my 211 cars are a pain to get programmed. One suggestion is to swap a fresh battery into the garage door opener you are using. Also, try holding the opener in different positions and orientations relative to the mirror in the car.

5. The stock rims are painted aluminum. They need to go out for refinishing if they aren't up to your appearance standards.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Novae: Yes, it looks like there is plenty of support in the Houston area!

Shadow: I head about the dipstick tool. I will see if I can figure out the dyno mode. Didn't know they had such a thing! I was able to have the computer check the level as far as ok or not, just not in quarts.

I have heard from several people the homelink is a pain. I guess I will try to play with it some more.

As for the rims, I kinda figured that... I would prefer chrome though.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG Mercedes Benz
I m new also. My E63 came with full manuals so most of my questions were answerd there. Whether there was no sarcasm intended in answer to ur Newbie questions I don't know... It did come across as if he was having a bad day or somthong tho. From alllll the theads I've read these replies were very unusual. One of the reasons I even bothered to join MBenz world was that everyone isseemingly ALWAYS willing to deal with ALL questions with helpful advice ( not snippy Search Urself crap). I can understand both sides I just end up coming back to this saying. There is really no such thing as a stupid question. if u don't want to reread "stupid 2 u" questions move on. Don't post stuff that reflects poorly on us bcause ur having bad day or whatever. RESPECT. Good luck to all in 2012 and on. I do like the way this online community of car enthusiasts is always looking out for each other... Even tho like evey family sometimes people have not so good days.