Sponsored by:

E55 exhaust opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i
E55 exhaust opinion

I have finally decided to get an E55 to replace the one we were forced to part with years ago. I want to get a much more authoritative exhaust note and have read many posts about resonator delete and secondary cat delete and so forth, and what I gleaned is that getting the sound you want out of the E55 is more of a task than with the E63. I'm thinking of simply going with an Eisenmann race. I want louder, but not drone in the cabin. Had a bad experience putting Borla stingers on a Mustand GT. Just wanted opinions on that setup. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:47 PM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
go with the eisenmann race

u get the loud noise u want when u need it and it wont bother u while ur cruising
Old 11-20-2011, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
or you if you can source some CLS55 or C63 mufflers it will sound very aggressive for a fraction of the cost. Check out my channel in the sig, lots of different exhaust setups for the 55k
Old 11-20-2011, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 GLS63 AMG Diamond White
check out my youtube channel. Johncy2000.

I have 4 different setups that you can hear. I would personally go for the Eurocharged Mufflers. Best muffler for the money. And the sound is very exotic.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
For 160 bucks, a local muffler shop removed my exhaust from the secondary cats to the resonator and replaced it with 3" piping. A cheapo x-pipe was put in place of the old h-pipe and secondary cats. Inside the car it is very quiet with no drone even on the highway. Outside of the car, aggressive acceleration from 3000-6500 RPMs result in a ferocious growl but you really can't tell how loud it is when you're in the cabin.

Here's a clip from inside and outside of the car. On the night shot, I got off the gas after the back end started sliding around 70mph so it doesn't give a good representation of the interior sound levels.

http://youtu.be/UgezjG0RItk
Old 11-21-2011, 06:41 AM

BMW 335i
Thanks, guys. I'll have to make up my mind, with cost being a factor, but you gave me some good options. As I remember it, back in 03 when I had my E55, all these options weren't out there. I always loved the sound in the garage when I grabbed the shifter and kit the keyless go, but it always lacked that sound traveling around that such an awesome machine deserved. Before purchase I now also have to check out the extended warranty thing. I have the money now to afford the car and even get some expensive mods, but want to avoid shelling out for expensive repairs. You get a warped perspective I think reading a lot of posts. You get the impression the airmatic suspension goes every other car and you need brakes every 40k. A neat thing though is the reputation. I saw write ups before the car came out and said to my wife, how would you like to get one of these? We drooled over the car and saved toward purchase. We always thought the car was incredible. As the years went on though, it became a legend.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:41 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Johncy2000
check out my youtube channel. Johncy2000.

I have 4 different setups that you can hear. I would personally go for the Eurocharged Mufflers. Best muffler for the money. And the sound is very exotic.
So, you're saying one of your vids is *just* Eurocharged mufflers? Link to specific vid? I see two when I search your name.