Sponsored by:

IAT's (Shardul; Brooke) guys that run race gas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
On my runs this weekend, ambient was 70*and in stagging, I got to 93*, during my dragging it got to 140*

By the time I got to the hut for the slip, it was back down to 93* You think it could be due to the race gas, does that burn hotter than pump?

Also, another thing I added was water wetter, has anyone heard negative feedback on that stuff. It did not help, so i am thinking of draining it out and running 100% water.
Craig Congrads on the progress and i say progress because i am certain you are not done

Dont stress it, just tweak, dont overdo yourself or the car and as some have said is a matter of lower temps, But the traps are definitely there.. and i do see you added skinnies which help your traps by a mph or two.

Originally Posted by skratch77
Craig you have the fastest car in the forums to run 11.0 in 70 deg weather.You will destroy 10.7 in 40 deg weather.

I dont even think locos car hit over 100 deg iats on his record runs with his meth setup and cold drag day.

Dont worry about it and just wait for a cooler day to hit the track again
95f was the highest i was seeing on that 40f day with my little half gallon reservoir and no meth. And yes i went 11.0 on 70f at MIR..letting off the gas because of some hiccups with the car.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Bramage
Typically, a race tune will give more timing, and the timing (i believe) can make the whole combustion process create more heat. Regardless, your IATs seem inline with what I have seen. With just an aftermarket HE and pump, I have seen AITs above 160. You are only seeing 130-140, so i would attribute that to dual pumps and trunk tank.

This is a WOT run from 60 to 130.. about 8 seconds, and as you can see, AIT's are in check. Ambient was 74 degrees.... 50/50 Meth (#10 nozzle)

I know there has been threads for and against, but I lose time with meth turn off. I go about .3 leaner.. but heat kills the run. I could tune out the .3, but I don't. Better safe that sorry.

Look at that graph...mine are not nearly as flat and smooth. That is a healthy beast.