W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tested the best crank pulley and it has adjustable boost features!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
if you all were only in HTX you would be able to see the crazy stuff we do. Thank God i am not married, if I was I would be divorced by now. Alll my free time is spent with doing car stuff.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
hey at least you are not spending $$ on a chick and break up afterwards. I dont think your car will let you down like a chick would!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I will be a sponsor or get on with a sponosr to be able to have FREEDOM OF SPEECH soon. Thanks again, it is a lot of fun knowing so many performance companies that want to make cool parts for the 55 format.

That's great news! Thanks again for all the recent exciting stuff you've been posting. It seems like between the smaller S/C pulley and these easily-swapped crank pulley setups almost anyone out there can fine-tune their car for the type of behavior they want.

For an incremental cost (of a new outer crank ring) someone who has just upgraded their cooling can go to a larger pulley.... or someone who has overdone it and heat-soaked their motor can trade-down with another member to get the IATs back in check. You're right... the horsetrading of parts between members will be great. IMHO is the essence of what an enthusiast message board should be about.

-G
Old 12-13-2011, 03:08 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by GregMB
That's great news! Thanks again for all the recent exciting stuff you've been posting. It seems like between the smaller S/C pulley and these easily-swapped crank pulley setups almost anyone out there can fine-tune their car for the type of behavior they want.

For an incremental cost (of a new outer crank ring) someone who has just upgraded their cooling can go to a larger pulley.... or someone who has overdone it and heat-soaked their motor can trade-down with another member to get the IATs back in check. You're right... the horsetrading of parts between members will be great. IMHO is the essence of what an enthusiast message board should be about.

-G
Thanks! Written very well.

BTW, my wife loves cars and racing, so all is good for us to keep having fun!

Here is the outer boost ring hub picture. This hub slids into the inner hub VIA perfect machine fit. As you can see, virtually no load on the bolts, thus the 100 times overkill load they offer. Feel good yet? ?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-13-2011, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Thanks! Written very well.

BTW, my wife loves cars and racing, so all is good for us to keep having fun!

Here is the outer boost ring hub picture. This hub slids into the inner hub VIA perfect machine fit. As you can see, virtually no load on the bolts, thus the 100 times overkill load they offer. Feel good yet? ?

Actually, the load is mostly radial on the outer ring so that hub that slides into the inner pulley really won't do much and thus nearly all the load is on the bolts. Regardless, it doesn't matter since the BOLTS WILL HOLD! It's not an issue.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Looks good man.
I have the opposite opinion about the inner ring. You need a way to center up the ring independent of the bolts to keep it true and prevent the aluminum ring from walking around under the bolts. I don't know how much HP the s/c consumes but I would guess 60+ to turn that sucker at max rpm. That is a lot of drag.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Did you put this up on ebay?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,065 Likes on 854 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
I was running a version of this on another vehicle 8+ years ago. ASP made one that I could use an 8 rib belt or change the hub to run a a cog belt.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BlownV8
I was running a version of this on another vehicle 8+ years ago. ASP made one that I could use an 8 rib belt or change the hub to run a a cog belt.

A cog belt on a clutch-type supercharger!! Reminds me of the MadMax movie..... 'cept of course the clutch on Max' must have been on the crank pulley cause the belt didn't spin at all until he "activated" the blower!!!

-G
Old 12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Modfied stock mustang hub for a blower , is what your description sounds like..

This is a totally new CNC hub, balanced, and interchangeable boost ring. Kit came with hub, boost ring , belt and new AMG crank bolt. You can line up every crank pulley ever made for our engines and you will see this is in a class of its own. This is a high quality "harmonic balancer" first and formost,, that also can give you adjustable boost options.

I ran the crap out of mine, raced it, put 615 hp and 720 ft lbs of torque through it for several months! Worked perfect, belts are great and smoother than stock. As mentioned, 7 companies were involved in this product, as the tooling, molds and engineering are very high. Maybe one reaon our options have been limited until now.. One of my hobbies,, is I do business/mfg consulting, so I know a lot of people around the world to get things done. I want great parts on my car, so I am always looking for something better and of high quality.

A lot of companies are more willing to invest in making aftermarket parts for us now, but couple years ago, the laughed everytime I asked about getting something for our cars. They are seeing the AMG market value now.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
are you already selling them on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-E55...item1e693b324f
Old 12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by skratch77
are you already selling them on ebay?
I will wager that he's not allowed to answer that here for fear of a TOU infraction....

-G
Old 12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
I will wager that he's not allowed to answer that here for fear of a TOU infraction....

-G
LOL, I have a lot of room for infractions, unlike some of my other close friends. Shardul, your ears ringing bro

The answer is NO I did not put anything on Ebay but maybe the company I got my new pulley kits from did? I have my kit and two 195mm kits in my posession only.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Brooke, you may have posted it already, but is this any lighter than a welded asp pulley with stock hub? Did you publish pricing on here yet for it?

Oh, and, you are da man mang You are taking the M113K to a level only the GODS could be proud of.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
You are taking the M113K to a level only the GODS could be proud of.

Michelin and all the other tire manufacturers are sending "thank you" letters to Brooke as we speak....

Better go add a few to of those companies to my stock portfolio now. I forsee record profits in the coming year!

-G
Old 12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,065 Likes on 854 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Modfied stock mustang hub for a blower , is what your description sounds like..
No, it was a one off custom built anodized aluminum unit by ASP similar to the one you are running. It bolted to the stock harmonic balancer and the end had the same type screws for the interchangeable pulley sizes. Yours is nicer because it has a custom built harmonic balancer.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Michelin and all the other tire manufacturers are sending "thank you" letters to Brooke as we speak....

Better go add a few to of those companies to my stock portfolio now. I forsee record profits in the coming year!

-G
That is funny. I have 5 sets or partial sets for my car right now.. lol Can't wait to start burning mine off again.

The main steel balancing hub is two parts, just like the factory but much stronger, as it is all machined solid steel and not cast. The two hubs are put into a special mold that holds them to exact tolerances and then the vibration durameter material is injected between the two parts. Just like a factory balancer but this product uses stronger interlocking teeth design and better bonding methods. It is a slow process, as the part has to be injected, then go through a set cool down time before balancer can be removed.

I would not want a pulley on my crankshaft that does not have this rubber injected type of dampening design on it like the factory uses. Most auto MFG`s use this method of harmonic balancing and it is a well proven and effective design.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Here is my 195mm boost pulley on a UPS supplied scale. As you can see, right at the factory weight and that mean you hold the same harmonic balancing weight the factory desinged for the engine. The larger aluminum boost ring is light, so it does not add extra rotational inertia , when you go larger in ring size.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Very nice.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
Originally Posted by shardul
if you all were only in HTX you would be able to see the crazy stuff we do. Thank God i am not married, if I was I would be divorced by now. Alll my free time is spent with doing car stuff.
Would have been nice if I did, love my cars just as dearly.

So hopefully the new year brings some acid test 55 results, with magnificent power.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:56 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Sher Judge
Would have been nice if I did, love my cars just as dearly.

So hopefully the new year brings some acid test 55 results, with magnificent power.
I am sure the new year will!

I have some pictures of the rear of the hub as well , so you can see the CNC machining. Also was sent a hub sawed in half, to show how the rubber dampening material is injected and fused in the hub. Anyone want to see?

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-17-2011, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Yes, I would like to see the elastomer delicious insides...
Old 12-18-2011, 05:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
That is funny. I have 5 sets or partial sets for my car right now.. lol Can't wait to start burning mine off again.

The main steel balancing hub is two parts, just like the factory but much stronger, as it is all machined solid steel and not cast. The two hubs are put into a special mold that holds them to exact tolerances and then the vibration durameter material is injected between the two parts. Just like a factory balancer but this product uses stronger interlocking teeth design and better bonding methods. It is a slow process, as the part has to be injected, then go through a set cool down time before balancer can be removed.

I would not want a pulley on my crankshaft that does not have this rubber injected type of dampening design on it like the factory uses. Most auto MFG`s use this method of harmonic balancing and it is a well proven and effective design.
Clearly an outstanding design with impeccable machine work. The fact that you can get back to the original factory weight is more important to me than varying the boost.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Ok, here is a picture of the RAW solid hub, that the boost ring bolts too. I will post the hub that the MFG cut and half and sent to me next.

AGsilver, thanks!! I think a lot of people forget or not clear on the importance of maintaining the balancing weight of our engine, that the factory designed and balanced the internals to.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-20-2011, 06:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Ok, here is a picture of the RAW solid hub, that the boost ring bolts too. I will post the hub that the MFG cut and half and sent to me next.

AGsilver, thanks!! I think a lot of people forget or not clear on the importance of maintaining the balancing weight of our engine, that the factory designed and balanced the internals to.
I will order a Redtooth replacement for my ASP 180 when I return to Florida in February. As I often say; it's the little things . . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tested the best crank pulley and it has adjustable boost features!